Indications for the success of a new season - What are the key indicators?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alanay » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:57 am

Hi All,

The new season is coming very very soon. With the WC ended yesterday, I'm really looking forward for opening of EPL new season.

Like last year, I was looking forward to watching Liverpool fly high in the EPL, especially with the new manager. Even we had quite a good season (won the FA cup and reduce margin to Chelsea) but still we were not challenging the EPL title that much.

So, for this new season, I just want to have your opinion on what can be the indicators that we are heading to a much better end of season next year?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:39 am

we win every game from now till May....  :laugh:
alxy

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:37 am

Well I think the part what let us down last season was our poor start. If we had started with the same level of consistensy which broke some records in the start then we could have finished above the Mancs or darew I say pushed Chelsea.

But im sure Rafa is expecting a high tempo start to the season. It all depends on a combination of how tired our WC players will be. I suppose it was good for Liverpool that England got knocked out when they did as Stevie had a long season last year aswell.

It also depends on how our new signings fit in with Rafas system and of course we need a little luck on the injuries side.

Im expecting nothing less than a convincing win against Sheffield United.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:30 am

Alanay wrote:Hi All,

The new season is coming very very soon. With the WC ended yesterday, I'm really looking forward for opening of EPL new season.

Like last year, I was looking forward to watching Liverpool fly high in the EPL, especially with the new manager. Even we had quite a good season (won the FA cup and reduce margin to Chelsea) but still we were not challenging the EPL title that much.

So, for this new season, I just want to have your opinion on what can be the indicators that we are heading to a much better end of season next year?

uh oh....

you've only gone and said "EPL" three times!!!  :D
Last edited by El Nino_#9 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:32 am

i personally hope we prioritise the league title.
my old(ish) ticker cant stand any more 'swashbucklingcomebackswithtremendoussavesandlatescaresfollowedbytensepenaltyshootouts' ANYMORE!

:D

seriously ive had it with the cups for a bit, i cant watch em.
at least the prem opens up gradually and you can see where its all leading to in the end. nice and calm!.

id settle for No. 19 over any cups this year. please god!!!!  :p

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:05 am

bavlondon wrote:Well I think the part what let us down last season was our poor start. If we had started with the same level of consistensy which broke some records in the start then we could have finished above the Mancs or darew I say pushed Chelsea.

But im sure Rafa is expecting a high tempo start to the season. It all depends on a combination of how tired our WC players will be. I suppose it was good for Liverpool that England got knocked out when they did as Stevie had a long season last year aswell.

It also depends on how our new signings fit in with Rafas system and of course we need a little luck on the injuries side.

Additionally I think our little group of slip ups in January & February cost us 13 points, we ended up 9 points adrift of chelsea. Also our recent form against the "top sides", such as Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd, have not been good. For this season to be successful we have to take points off of these teams consistently.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:05 am

bavlondon wrote:Well I think the part what let us down last season was our poor start. If we had started with the same level of consistensy which broke some records in the start then we could have finished above the Mancs or darew I say pushed Chelsea.

Additionally I think our little group of slip ups in January & February cost us 13 points, we ended up 9 points adrift of chelsea. Also our recent form against the "top sides", such as Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd, have not been good. For this season to be successful we have to take points off of these teams consistently.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:19 am

If we take at least 9 points from 12 in our three big games then i think we'll be in with a shout. Our away form improved last season and if we can also score more goals and wrap games up earlier that will help!   :wwww
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:06 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

anyone remember nightmare at Craven Cottage?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:07 pm

not losing 4-1 to Chelsea is a good start. Also helpful if Reina doesn't get sent off. anything else??? :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:50 pm

AussieKopite wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

anyone remember nightmare at Craven Cottage?

Yes that and the Charlton loss were harsh but it happens.

I hope we also dont slip back into the poor form we showed after so many European games.

Hopefully with a bigger squad we can seriously consider challanging for the Premiership and the European Cup.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:35 pm

No matter what theres going to be one or two surprise losses against :censored: sides like Fulham and Charlton.

Even last seasons the mancs lost to Blackburn and Middlesborough. Chelsea lost to Fulham and Middlesborough as well
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:22 pm

Fight until the end of the game,  hunt, chase every ball, run the opposition to the gound, belief, mental fitness and a load more.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Effes » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:21 am

Iam convinced we will finish second at least, winning it is maybe pushing it a bit.

But you never know, Chelsea may have over-egged the pudding with their star buys this Summer.

6-1 with Bet365 (each way - 1/2 the odds 1st, 2nd).
I'm gonna put enough money on in order to win next year's season ticket money if we come second.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 007 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:39 am

I hope the goal drought for our strikers would not begin at the early season...again!! (plus no more consecutive draw!!)

Start banging in the goals and we'll start winning again....
Liverpool for LIFE

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion