Indications for the success of a new season - What are the key indicators?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:44 am

i want to see us punishing teams and playing with an air of confidence for the whole game. i hate to see us go ahead early and then sit back. lets go out and score as many as we can which will breed confidence.

i think last season it was the mid season slump that did for us, obviously caused by lack of goals and the desperation that comes with that i believe is shown in the forwards lack of confidence. the more goals they score the more confident they will be. the players need to believe in themselves more i think
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:05 am

Trophies are the only Key Indicator of a success campaign. How prestigious the trophy, determines how more successful the campaign is. Simple as that!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:43 am

the main indication will be if we're still in touch with the leaders after the first eight games when we will already have  played manure, the bluesh#te, chelsea and spurs.

last season we were already out of the title race by the beginning of october, and despite getting more points than anyone from that point on, it was not enough in the end.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:53 pm

I'll be looking for improvement in the League this season, above anything else.  If we could win it, but be knocked out at the first round of every cup most of us would be delighted.  We've got to push Chelski, everything else is a distraction.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:44 pm

The main areas we needed to improve on last season was 1/ The number of goals we scored 2/More pace in the team 3/ A right sided winger/midfieldplayer alternative to Stevie 4/ A lack of creativity in the attacking third.
1/Rafa has started to address this buying Bellamy(I still think we need one more targetman/striker)
2/No problem with lack of pace now we have Speedy and Bellamy( poss Alevs)
3/still not sorted after 2 years and it seems like trying for 2,000 players
4/Hopefully Fowler and Bellamy will click and start to supply the creativity for each other

The balance of the team looks much better than last season (and last season was hardly a bad one!) A stronger squad and more options means we have progressed and a couple of good signings now could just take us the extra step we need to win the EPL.
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:53 pm

score more goals that the opposition every game and we should be ok.

we're gonna win the league!
eee-eye-andio
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:05 pm

I think if we get the couple of players we need then we will have a great chance this season and be a very strong unit, we are well built together now with really talented players in each position, we have a lot more depth now allowing us to rest players and still have capable back up, if we sign alves we would then have 2 great natural wingers instead of playing people out of position. Our defence will be the same but with even more strength with hyypia and carra in the centre and agger and palleta as back up. Then we have aurelio as our new LB and finnan as RB.

As for the strikers i think we need one more striker who is a class goalscorer and who can possibly get us 20+ goals a season. I think if we get the RW in, alves hopefully and a class goalscorer then we have our best chance yet of winning the title. We need to carry on our fantastic runs from the end of last season into this season and get a winning start so we have something to build on. Im very optimistic right now.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby DZed » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:04 pm

Winning the Community Shield would be a great indicator of improvement. I'm also looking for Bellamy, Gonzalez, and Aurelio to hit the ground running!
DZed

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:45 pm

DZed wrote:Winning the Community Shield would be a great indicator of improvement. I'm also looking for Bellamy, Gonzalez, and Aurelio to hit the ground running!

Would be great to start our season off by putting one over chelski, would give us a good base to start on and also show we mean business this season
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:07 pm

As said before, the key indicator will be how we fare against our closest rivals.
There is always an interesting mini-league between us Manure, Arsenal and Chavski. We have performed poorly in this area since 2001- 02 season.  In the last two seasons alone, we have won two of these games out of twelve - both at home to Arsenal. This must improve dramatically to have a realistic chance of winning the league.
Last season was about improving consistency, now we must concentrate on dominance.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion