I will never have a problem with - <add name here>

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 am

Now with Kenny taking over we are all in the "feel good" mood. And so I was talking with my mate over players who we dont have a problem with. It started off with other teams, for me I never have a problem with Robbie Savage, to me he makes me laugh. He is one of those players that get under the skin of all the opposite teams he plays against. Skill wise, he is not the greatest, but he does an effective job. Then he started talking about his team, Man United,  and so I agreed with Ryan Giggs, talented player, quiet, respectful, so yeah, I dont have a problem with him.

So I had to mention a current Liverpool player. I mentioned Reina, now, as I have voiced on here a few times, our players let us down, but Reina always does the job. And my scum loving mate agreed with me, in fact he said he is the best keeper in the league, and if he was available he would love it if man utd signed him.

So back to the point of this thread, who currently at Liverpool dont you have a problem with and why, and who at other clubs also do you respect?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 am

Dont have a problem with Lucas because he's been here for what, 3 and a half years now? Getting played out of position, boo'd off the pitch and getting a lot of stick, yet not once did he ever complain. He just stuck at it and look at him now, hes gained a lot of respect from the fans.

From another team.. Frank Lampard. He's genuinly a nice bloke and an honest player. My dad who is a chelsea supporter, managed to get some VIP thing years and years back so we could go into the dressing room before the game (Liverpool v Chelsea) to meet the players and Lampard was really respectful and had a bit of friendly banter with me (was wearing my liverpool top) :D
Fauxy

Postby ethanr » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 am

For Liverpool, I "don't have a problem" with most the team, but I agree, Lucas has gone through a lot of hatred (including from me 2 seasons ago) and has really improved into an asset on the team.  Same with Kuyt, I hated him 4 seasons ago but I opened up to him after seeing how much he puts in.

For other teams, I actually respect a decent amount of players.  Only manc would be Van der Sar.  I like lamps too and have always respected Fabregas for the sole reason that I think he does more for his team than any other player in the world. Shay Given, Milner and Duff in their Newcastle days. Tim Howard because he's good and I'm American.:D  Believe it or not Drogba.  Used to hate him but I love watching him now because he just seems to be enjoying himself now.  I loved the interaction with him and Skrtel last season when they replayed an incident at half time with each other trying to explain why or why not Skrtel should have gotten a pen on a corner.  Charlie Adams, Steven Taylor, Tim Krul, and I know there's more but I can't think of em all.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:39 am

I will never have a problem with Tim Cahill..there I said it lol.
Seriously though I was lucky enough to have a 5 minute chat to him when he was in Melbourne before the World Cup..absolute top bloke! Took a photo with my 10 year old brother, kicked the ball with him and signed his Aussie shirt.

Harry Kewell, who was pretty much a hero of mine growing up, is an absolute w@nker! I used to stick up for him on here but when we went up to him he refused a photo with my little brother and when we asked if he'd at least sign his shirt he seriously looked like he wanted to kill himself. He was scanning the room for a secuirty guard or something to get us to leave him alone. He never signed it either!
:censored:.

From other teams I've always been a fan of Tevez, terrific player. Don't mind Adam Johnson either. Aguero..I could go on all day!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 am

I agree with what has been said about Lucas, whether warranted or not he has had terrible stick yet just got on with it and turned a lot of that around.

I can't remember where I heard or read it but I know Lampard is regarded as a really nice guy especially when doing things for the fans.
He sounds like a good bloke.

Robbie Keane I have always quite liked, again just comes across as a good professional.

Fact is a lot of them probably are, doing things for charity but I guess unless you meet or hear about anything specific it's hard to single people out.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:05 am

Difficult to say whom. I don't have a problem with on this current squad, seems to me they all played a part in getting two managers sacked in less than a year.  I'd have to say N'gog, works hard for a front man and has scored his fair share in the time he's been on the pitch.  I think he actually tries to do too much.

As for players on other teams, no brainer for me.  Tim Howard.  His cousin introduced me to my wife, (maybe I should dislike him :p). He's done a lot for the local football program, and has always been a nice kid.  Plus his brother Chris is an MMA fighter and would kick anyone's :censored: if they said a word against his brother.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 am

the only one i can think of is jamie carragher. his body lets him down a bit now but for what he has done for us over the years he can do no wrong..........even with the own goals lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 pm

There are few players I actually have a problem with. I have time for the vast majority of players in the game. Even the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand or Vidic.

There are some players though, that have boiled my blood over the years. I remember from around 7 to 10 years ago, hating the likes of Heskey, Cisse and Diouf.

From further back, I dispised Cantona and Roy Keane and among todays players, I think Drogba makes my skin crawl. Likewise Ronaldo. Two talented players that seem to enjoy eating grass.
tonyeh

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:06 pm

tonyeh wrote:There are few players I actually have a problem with. I have time for the vast majority of players in the game. Even the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand or Vidic.

There are some players though, that have boiled my blood over the years. I remember from around 7 to 10 years ago, hating the likes of Heskey, Cisse and Diouf.

From further back, I dispised Cantona and Roy Keane and among todays players, I think Drogba makes my skin crawl. Likewise Ronaldo. Two talented players that seem to enjoy eating grass.

Rigobert Song used to chew the grass in training apparantly.
I remember Fowler copying him after scoring in the derby  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 am

I never have a problem with any of the Liverpool lads as long as the conduct themselves in a manner that befits our club . I do have a problem with any player who pulls on a manc , bitter or Chelsea shirt - grew up hating anything to do with the mancs and bitters and Chelsea happened later in life .

Players outside of Liverpool that I don't have a problem with- tevez, fabregas
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 am

cant stand Rooney! @rsehole of the highest order. TBH the modern day footballer kind of gets on my t!ts

I love you lot tho :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 am

I don't have a problem with Roy Hodgson............

Anymore

:laugh:
roberto green

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 am

Benny The Noon wrote:I never have a problem with any of the Liverpool lads as long as the conduct themselves in a manner that befits our club

How about Poulsen ???. Or hasn't he conducted himself well enough according to you just because he hasn't played well? Serious question and all 'cause you really do seem to have had it in for him.

Other than that I actually agree with your sentiment.
JamCar05

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 am

JamCar05 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I never have a problem with any of the Liverpool lads as long as the conduct themselves in a manner that befits our club

How about Poulsen ???. Or hasn't he conducted himself well enough according to you just because he hasn't played well? Serious question and all 'cause you really do seem to have had it in for him.

Other than that I actually agree with your sentiment.

Don't have a problem with him mate as he hasn't acted in anyway to put our club in a bad name . Yes I think he isn't good enough but that's different IMO
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

Gary Neville
He is misunderstood
Thommo's perm

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion