I know what we lack as a club - Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:11 pm

i think the lot we have now are quite content with their one champions league medal.

so would I!, with a couple of leagues and a King's cup in the eighties I've been ranting 2 decades of the merits of my small town's team. With the champions league I'd have material for my whole life.

Charisma is important, but you cannot say that's something Liverpool lacked last year in Istambul, it was all about charisma and will.

In the EPL, Liverpool should not rely on charisma only, because that's something that every club in the EPL can do, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure teams like WBA or Sunderland give their best against Liverpool just because of what that name implies. I mean Liverpool is the kind of team that in a summer game you line up your best eleven rather than giving minutes to other players, just because it's "Liverpool".

About fighting hard tackles that should be something English refs should fix with the proper punnishment. Will wouldn't have helped Alonso after Lampard's tackle last year.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:38 pm

get one of the mods to check his ip and see if it,s hustler
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:42 pm

Husler came on the other day as Luis Garcia 2 its defo not him just some other cu*t  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby hobbes » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:45 am

Simply answering the question. We lack attacking mode. We attack for a while then we start defencing and counter attacking.

Playing with a lone striker, we cannot score. Liv has not got a striker who can perform alone up front.  We need two striker in their position.

Switching strikers to Right Wing doesnt pay off. We play strikers in their original position. Right Wing.... just move forward Finann. Backed by Josemi.

This will answer Rafa's quest for Right Wing and statistically, it will show goals. Or opt to a more attacking mode 3-5-2. otherwise 4-4-3.

???
hobbes

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:16 am

hobbes wrote:otherwise 4-4-3

4-4-3 ????
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22 am

hobbes wrote:Simply answering the question. We lack attacking mode. We attack for a while then we start defencing and counter attacking.

Playing with a lone striker, we cannot score. Liv has not got a striker who can perform alone up front.  We need two striker in their position.

Switching strikers to Right Wing doesnt pay off. We play strikers in their original position. Right Wing.... just move forward Finann. Backed by Josemi.

This will answer Rafa's quest for Right Wing and statistically, it will show goals. Or opt to a more attacking mode 3-5-2. otherwise 4-4-3.

???

You say we lack attacking mode (whatever that means) yet insist on moving a right back to right wing to help solve this problem?

Josemi would get caught out so often anyway that Finnan would have to drop back and do a lot more defending than Sinama-Pongolle would for example if Finnan was playing at right back.

Our best option at the moment for the wing is Sinama, and yet agian I fail to see hwo moving a right back to right wing will magically solve our probelm and "show goals" as you say.

I think you need to re-think this one through mate.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:35 am

hang on lets get back to the point, none of this serious football discussion.

LFC lacks charisma. :O

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:57 am

mighty mo wrote:get one of the mods to check his ip and see if it,s hustler

It was my first thought as soon as I saw the username and ridiculous post.  Different IP than Hustler's usual one, it's not him this time, as far as I can see.

But Hustler's promised me he'll be back to spread his wrath once more "and you'll really have your work cut out" were his words to me. 

If really having my work cut out means taking 60 seconds out of my busy life to ban him again, then yes, he's right.

He really, really needs a girlfriend.
jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:05 pm

This forum gets ridicilious by the second.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:19 pm

and the spelling gets worse :;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:24 pm

Geoff Capes for Liverpool manager!!!  Who's with me?!?!?!?

Okay then, it's me and Mr Tumbleweed.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:35 pm

jeff capes wrote:its quite clear we lack charisma as a club.
there are too many dreary faces like haman and hypia at our club, but worst of all the managers have been deadly dull.

guys like roy evans,houlier and now benitez lacks the charisma needed to convince a spanish or foreign player to go out and and give it some on a cold winters day.

benitez is very tactical which is why he did well in spain but the game over here week in week out is more than just tactics.

there are no tactics to that can stop a hard tackle from violent teams like blackburn hurting , its all about desire and as we have seen even jimmy traore can win the champions league with a bit of desire.

we need a manager who can't see goodness in drawing games
we need somebody who is very greedy and is good at spotting greedy players, because i think the lot we have now are quite content with their one champions league medal.

i'm seriously missing john barnes, this guy dribbled,setup and scored goals week in week out.
gerard did this for a very short time but now he either does nothing then scores ,he can no longer boss games.

Genius.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:44 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
jeff capes wrote:
guys like roy evans,houlier and now benitez lacks the charisma needed to convince a spanish or foreign player to go out and and give it some on a cold winters day.

Genius.

we were dull then, but excellent in may
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
hobbes wrote:Simply answering the question. We lack attacking mode. We attack for a while then we start defencing and counter attacking.

???

You say we lack attacking mode (whatever that means) yet insist on moving a right back to right wing to help solve this problem?

Josemi would get caught out so often anyway that Finnan would have to drop back and do a lot more defending than Sinama-Pongolle would for example if Finnan was playing at right back.

Our best option at the moment for the wing is Sinama, and yet agian I fail to see hwo moving a right back to right wing will magically solve our probelm and "show goals" as you say.

I think you need to re-think this one through mate.

Is Hobbes still not on to why his plan and new formation will not work in the prem!!!  ???  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:25 pm

2520years wrote:Geoff Capes for Liverpool manager!!!  Who's with me?!?!?!?

Okay then, it's me and Mr Tumbleweed.

Not for me he lacks....................Chrisma!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion