How long before... - We loose 'nando to injury?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:11 am

I sat there with the old man tonight (a Villa fan) and watched their CB's, plough through the back and just generally kicking 3 barrels of :censored: out of Torres. What got right on my goat was the way they lead with the arm into the head/neck/back, which made it look like an obvious ploy to injure/scare him plus h had his shirt being ripped after, i believe Davis, tried to pull it off him, with no foul given i hasten to add.

So, on tonight's evidence, and the obvious battering stoke gave him the other day....OK the cut was a general clash of heads, how long is it going to be before he is out for 6-7 weeks.

OK Rafa has said he's a whiner and a winger, is this possibly turning refs against him?? I hope not, and it shouldn't, but he was being targeted tonight.

I just fear that if something isn't done/said or whatever, we are in real danger of loosing him, and with him our title aspirations. The question is though, what can be done? I don't see a word to Keith Hackett (if that's his name) chief of the refs isn't going to work. So, i'm stumped to really see what the solution is.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:23 am

Worries me aswel mate and could be the reason why he looks jaded out. Maybe reason of that is because of the busy summer but who knows could be something else.. If we were to lose torres i would say we are fecked.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:36 am

You can expect Torres to get injured even more if Benitez keeps playing this 4-3-2-1 formation. Torres is too isloated and there are times when 3 defenders are kicking him at the same time.

We stumbled on this formation so as to fit Alonso and Kuyt into the 1st team..... Well Alonso is gone...it doesn't warrant us to keep using this formation just for Kuyt (although his huffing and puffing is really world class .. :p)

If we want Torres to score more goals without alonso controlling the midfield, its better to go back to the good old fashion 4-4-2....with traditional wingers pulling players away from the main strikers. Then with his strike partner creating more space, Torres will have less defenders to deal with...and will score more times than I do at a club filled with victoria sercret models....  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 am

He played the full game in both defeats, even though he never really looked like scoring at WHL. He played 85 mins against Stoke and WTF4? Rafa and fans may moan about fatigue etc, but Rafa has the power to do something about it and hasn't. Substitutions seem like an afterthought to Rafa
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 am

For 2 years running he has not had a proper rest in the summer. And he won't get any next summer either what with the World Cup. I can't believe after all this time we still don't have another established striker to help him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:24 am

I think sooner or later Torres will suffer from burn out.

Five years and the only top notch striker we have is our current number 9, it's not on
really, if he get's injured Glen Johnson will probably be drafted in as a striker :laugh: .

But the reality is not so funny, i am not looking forward to the day he's injured at all.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 am

bavlondon wrote:For 2 years running he has not had a proper rest in the summer. And he won't get any next summer either what with the World Cup. I can't believe after all this time we still don't have another established striker to help him.

His injuries last season should of provided plenty of rest
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 am

don't worry we have N'Gog
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 am

We'll lose him sooner or later, but we will lose him. I'm not a fan of the pig headed 4-5-1 formation that Benitez loves so much. It's had runs of success, but it puts incredible pressure on Torres and Gerrard. Even more so, when Benitex decides to play in a conservative manner.
tonyeh

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 am

Got no protection last night whatsoever.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am

I feel sorry for Torres no doubt he has been seen now as a moaner by Refs due to fact they are clueless kunts ! Torres gets this sort of treatment every game I Think its about time gerrard and masch started putting the boot in as well on any defender that goes for Torres.Might seem tic for tac but tbh we need to protect him and let there defenders know if they touch him they get same if not worse.

MON clearly has told his defenders to do this that Woody Alen look alike needs a good slap in the face. :angry:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:21 pm

I suppose it does open the debate about, who plays there when he does get injured? But that's opening a whole new can of worms.

We really need Babel to get his :censored: in gear....as we have seen him show some talent and the U21 European Championships he ripped apart, we NEED him to show this otherwise we're facked if Rafa has shut his eyes to the tranfer window.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Personally I think he has shot himself in the foot a bit!
If a striker plays and keeps his head down and does not moan,they get as fair a crack of the whip as anyone else.
I remember a game when he had pretty much just arrived(I think it may have been against W Ham)
The defenders kicked lumps outta him all night,every time he got up,not a word,no expression and got on with his football....it was great to see,it made him look mega tough! :D

Now he has started complaining more,its as if he has put his head above the radar a bit.He needs to stop it,there is absolutely no point in complaining to a ref anymore...THEY NEVER change a decision.If anything it annoys them in asking them to.

When you are as good a player as Nando is,defenders are always gonna let you know they are there.He is more than capable of taking it as he has shown before...strikers get kicked,its always been that way!
Maybe Im blind but I dont think he's getting any more dirt than most.
Best just keep his head down and score goals!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 pm

The_Rock wrote:You can expect Torres to get injured even more if Benitez keeps playing this 4-3-2-1 formation. Torres is too isloated and there are times when 3 defenders are kicking him at the same time.

We stumbled on this formation so as to fit Alonso and Kuyt into the 1st team..... Well Alonso is gone...it doesn't warrant us to keep using this formation just for Kuyt (although his huffing and puffing is really world class .. :p)

If we want Torres to score more goals without alonso controlling the midfield, its better to go back to the good old fashion 4-4-2....with traditional wingers pulling players away from the main strikers. Then with his strike partner creating more space, Torres will have less defenders to deal with...and will score more times than I do at a club filled with victoria sercret models....  :buttrock

Jesus Christ, the way you bang on you'd think you actually knew how to manage a Sunday league team, nevermind a f*cking Permiership side with millions and millions of pounds at stake and the repuation of one of the most famous names in football. Honestly like.

Fact is, not a single person on this forum, or most other forums, would have what it takes to even manage a Sunday league side, nevermind LFC. It's a joke how some people seem to think they know more than a man in control of and in a profession where pressure is 24/7, 365 days a year.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 pm

I feel more sorry for us not just Torres we can all see that he needs a quality partner upfront with him to take the weight off his shoulders forget about big payer big money syndrome the guy is isolated upfront on his own and seems the fams voices of concern are isolated also? It's so damn obvious.................isn't it?
KOPMATT

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion