Hope for the future - Not with that bunch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:24 am

Dalglish all good points mate and i can understand them fully i to was horrified to watch us outclassed and subjected to a football lession from BURNLEY :angry:  :angry: it's horrific and i have headache just thinking about it but the truth is Rafa must learn from this that just because in spain they do not care less about the cup it's not the culture in england most people have had the best footballing experiences of thier lives watching the FA cup, Lesson learned i hope.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:37 am

It was BAD Mistyred and there is no point in hiding behind bull s.hit excuses like "its a blessing in Disguise" or "well at least we can concentrate on 4th and CL qualification"

Some people on here have more "spin" than the Labour Party. ???

Sometimes we forget that there are fans who deserve to be kept informed of probable line ups or priorities within a  club. No one mentions weakened sides when they remember the upsets in the cup and tonights game was rank .

Biscan was truly awful

The ONLY consolatuion with Nunz's sending off was that he won't be eligible for at least 3 games due to his  suspension !!!!

With the exception of Whitbrewad who I thought had a decent game and possibly Raven at right back i saw nothing to excite me about the younger players .

I'm speaking as one who saw players like Owen, Gerard , Carragher and Murphy make their debuts for Liverpool in recent years and you just could tell straight away they would grow into key players.

Mayeb it was a mistake to bring in so many of the younger players into a fixture like this as it won't have done their confidence much good.
???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:41 am

If anything the kids knowing they will go down in history in the Liverpool team that lost to Burnley every time Burnley are in a cup or talking about a famous moment will shatter all confidence mark my words.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:41 am

Dalglish wrote:It was BAD Mistyred and there is no point in hiding behind bull s.hit excuses like "its a blessing in Disguise" or "well at least we can concentrate on 4th and CL qualification"

Some people on here have more "spin" than the Labour Party. ???

Sometimes we forget that there are fans who deserve to be kept informed of probable line ups or priorities within a  club. No one mentions weakened sides when they remember the upsets in the cup and tonights game was rank .

Biscan was truly awful

The ONLY consolatuion with Nunz's sending off was that he won't be eligible for at least 3 games due to his  suspension !!!!

With the exception of Whitbrewad who I thought had a decent game and possibly Raven at right back i saw nothing to excite me about the younger players .

I'm speaking as one who saw players like Owen, Gerard , Carragher and Murphy make their debuts for Liverpool in recent years and you just could tell straight away they would grow into key players.

Mayeb it was a mistake to bring in so many of the younger players into a fixture like this as it won't have done their confidence much good.
???

I respect your opinion but we were notified of the line up. It was posted a day before the fixture on LFC.tv. Rafa stated that he was going to use many young players. You can't blame Rafa for the lack of passion some of our players have. Rafa's main objective is to get us in the top four and get us further in the Champions League. FA Cup is good for pride and passion but these days football is business so CL is about money and business which will be good for the club. Class players will look more whether a club has been frequently in the Champions League and in the top four in the league rather than it's success in the FA cup.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:45 am

A.B it's not just that i still have nightmares about us bieng knocked out by the Wombles of wimbledon and whenever one of thier T**ty players are on telly thats all they talk about a decade on as thier claim to fame.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:47 am

Some clubs wish and pray that they could participate in the UEFA Cup better yet the Champions League. We will continue to finish in the top four and stay in the Champions League and we will win both competions with a manager such as Benitez. Then you can take club's pathetic success such as the Wombles of Wimbledon and flush them down the toilet.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:51 am

Fair point about the line up AB and I made the mistake of thinking Morientes and Pellegrinio were going to start when they were both inelligible.

However lets not hide behind the facts here. Arsenal bring in the 17 yr old Fabregas when Vierra doesn;t play , Chelsea have the 20 year old Robben and United have the 19 year old's Ronney and Ronaldo .......

Whether you buy in your youngsters or home grow them the benefits when you get it right are plain for all to see , when you get it wrong then the consequences are dire ...???

Tonihgt it was patently obvious we have little in the way of home grown talent coming through ,(Whitbread and Raven excluded) and in Biscan and Nunez have two of the worst players in the prem !

When the team runs out with a host of younsters you expect the more established names to step up to the line and lead. Biscan did neither and Welsh was left exposed and over run and totally out of his depth .

Nunez, a player with real Madrid for 8 years can't pass !!!!!!!!

Ok I'm upet and I'm angry and for once I'm venting my spleen and it gives me no pleasure to say this was possibly the wosrt performance I've seen from a team purporting to represent Liverpool football Club

???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:52 am

Hppe so mate :)
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:55 am

Dalglish wrote:Fair point about the line up AB and I made the mistake of thinking Morientes and Pellegrinio were going to start when they were both inelligible.

However lets not hide behind the facts here. Arsenal bring in the 17 yr old Fabregas when Vierra doesn;t play , Chelsea have the 20 year old Robben and United have the 19 year old's Ronney and Ronaldo .......

Whether you buy in your youngsters or home grow them the benefits when you get it right are plain for all to see , when you get it wrong then the consequences are dire ...???

Tonihgt it was patently obvious we have little in the way of home grown talent coming through ,(Whitbread and Raven excluded) and in Biscan and Nunez have two of the worst players in the prem !

When the team runs out with a host of younsters you expect the more established names to step up to the line and lead. Biscan did neither and Welsh was left exposed and over run and totally out of his depth .

Nunez, a player with real Madrid for 8 years can't pass !!!!!!!!

Ok I'm upet and I'm angry and for once I'm venting my spleen and it gives me no pleasure to say this was possibly the wosrt performance I've seen from a team purporting to represent Liverpool football Club

???

Whitbread has potential even though he's a Yank. Yes Arsenal bring Fabregas who they signed, they don't use their players a lot and neither do Chelsea.

We don't sign young players so they can sit on the bench, we use our youngsters from the Academy. When Houllier was here he didn't give much chances for the youngsters and Benitez has given them chances but today they p1ssed on it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:56 am

Dalglish i think even if other supporters don't want to recognise what happened tonight or not it's clear that there was a false dawn with some of the youngsters and that will need to be addressed sharpish for the future of the club.

And some firat teamers, pffffft well you saw for yourself :(
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:01 am

Arsenal and Chelsea don't use their players from the Academy, we do because we don't have anybody else other than our starting 11. We don't have enough depth in our squad to compete in all competions. It could had been devastating if we used our starting 11
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:09 am

A.B. wrote:We don't have enough depth in our squad to compete in all competions. It could had been devastating if we used our starting 11

And its not hurting you anyway ?  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:16 am

nunez isnt the worse nor the best, but i would rather traore get sent off cause hes rubbish and a liability
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:40 am

Dalglish wrote:
A.B. wrote:We don't have enough depth in our squad to compete in all competions. It could had been devastating if we used our starting 11

And its not hurting you anyway ?  ???

I didn't say that now did I? Do I really have to make every word clear  in order for you lot to understand it? I was p1ssed off as much as the next fan but you got move on.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:03 am

It was a dissapointing result which included some insipid performances (John Welsh man, what was with that?) but hey we just have to take it on the chin.  theres no use crying over spilt milk.  Just get over it, we'll win it next year plus we're still going to win the League Cup and champions league as well as get 3rd so why worry?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion