Pongolle - Seriously injured.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby policy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:27 am

Redulike wrote:You can't warm up your Cartilage (Pongolle) or you bones (Cisse, Alonso, Gerrard) you dumb fokkers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. That is a good point.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:42 am

it wasnt silly of stu, garcia, hyypia, kewell, nunez, josemi etc were muscle related injuries.   Ok Nunez he didnt exactly get the chance to warm up cos it was the minute he started training almost but like when garcia limped off with a hammy after 2 mins in a PL game thats just not warming up enuff
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby SouthernScouser » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:44 am

How about none of that
But the fact that it was an absolutely SH*TE pitch
Looked to me like he just caught his studs and twisted
Looked pretty nasty actually
I felt bad afterwards - cause initially I thought he'd gone down cause he lost the ball
But it made me bloody wince seeing it in slow motion
We have definitely had some dire luck this season.
Chelski would be using their Reserve Reserves if they'd had our luck
:)
SouthernScouser

Postby taff » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:24 am

stu_the_red wrote:I have an idea...

****** warm up properly!!!

Ooops Ive just read the posts below after I pressed quote

Stu you do know better than that
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:39 am

I missed the game as it was shown at 3:45 am in these parts of the world (I bet peewee caught the game live on telly from the very same part of my world) as I was knackered last night and when I woke up, I was frantically trying to catch the news summary on the satelite tv...finally saw that Gerrard scored again for us. Only learned about the Pongolle injury this afternoon after I had time to go to the net...

We are really thin on the players who can score goals and also thin on the creative side. The players we have available are creative but does not have any sort of form or even the will to try (like Garcia). It does not look so good...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:37 pm

The way this is going, will we have any 1st team players left by the end of the season? :alien:  :glare:
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:28 pm

scan on Florent Sinama-Pongolle's knee has confirmed that he sustained ligament damage during last night's Carling Cup victory against Watford.

The results show that he has torn his left anterior cruciate ligament which suggests that he won't be returning to action for some time.

He will see a surgeon on Thursday morning who will then give a clearer indication of how long he'll be missing

From Koptalk
FrankM

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:38 pm

looks like he will be out this season.......

1)Cisse - 14 million
2)Alonso - 10 million
3)Pongolle - 5 million (my estimate)
4)Kirkland - 9 million

38 million worth of talent out for the season........

1)
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArt....allNews

Sinama-Pongolle injury blow for Liverpool
Wed Jan 26, 2005 03:55 PM GMT
Printer Friendly | Email Article | RSS       
LONDON, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Liverpool's French striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle faces a lengthy layoff after tearing a knee ligament during Tuesday's 1-0 League Cup semi-final victory at Watford.
Sinama-Pongolle, who was injured just three minutes after coming on as a late substitute at Vicarage Road, joins fellow French striker Djibril Cisse on the sidelines after he broke his leg in October.

"Pongolle underwent a scan on Merseyside today which revealed a tear to his left anterior cruciate ligament," the club's website said on Wednesday.

"He will see a surgeon on Thursday morning, after which we will have a better idea of how long he will be out for."

The 20-year-old, who signed from Le Havre in 2003, has been a regular starter this season, scoring four goals.

As well as their two French strikers, Liverpool have a lengthy injury list with Xabi Alonso (broken ankle) and goalkeeper Chris Kirkland (back) other high-profile players in the treatment room.

2)

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/01/26/story186456.html

Sinama-Pongolle facing KO for rest of season
26/01/2005 - 15:59:12

Liverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle could be ruled out of action for the rest of the season after the club confirmed he has torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

The Frenchman was injured three minutes after coming on as a substitute during last night’s Carling Cup semi-final second leg at Watford.

The club have already conceded Sinama-Pongolle will be sidelined for a “lengthy period” after he underwent a scan on Merseyside today which revealed the problem in his left knee. He will see a surgeon tomorrow morning to discover exactly how long he will be out for.

The injury is yet another blow to the club who have – at various stages – been without Xabi Alonso, Milan Baros, Djibril Cisse, Chris Kirkland, Steven Gerrard, Harry Kewell, Vladimir Smicer, Luis Garcia, Antonio Nunez, Steve Finnan and Josemi this season.

3)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport....urce=PA

4)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages....id=1771
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:51 pm

The bad news is we still have Mellor :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:52 pm

well garcia can play as striker too.........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:15 pm

this loss is a huge one. up until now, sinama was the only player on the bench that we had who could change a game(which we often need to do) and now we've nobody
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:31 pm

The ACL is a bad injury for a player, I hope he makes it back. He is young but there is a still a risk he will not play the same. What a strange season it has been! I do not remember having so many bad injuries in one season (and the scary thing is we are only half way through). Let us hope it is only good news from now on.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:36 pm

Don't worry, we still have Garcia!!!  :grinning:

???

:down:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:36 pm

it has been barmy this season and there is the risk that after a long time out of the game that players dont come back as good.  i think the chances of alonso, cisse kirkland and ping pong coming back the same are slight
109-1105722616

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:52 pm

marklfc wrote:it has been barmy this season and there is the risk that after a long time out of the game that players dont come back as good.  i think the chances of alonso, cisse kirkland and ping pong coming back the same are slight

The chances of them coming back the same are probably close to zero. Assuming they fully recover (and in the case of Cisse it really is a fingers crossed job), they will return having had the benefit of watching football at close quarters for a lengthly period. This can have a galvanising effect on a player, he becomes more aware of the fervour of the fans and the intensity of emotion drifting down from the terraces. Often it is the only time the players get to sit and really experience a game of football without the waiting to see if they get on, getting ready to warm up etc.
I once read an interview with Danny Mills where he was honest enough to admit that really he had no interest in football outside of picking up his wages every week. He is by no means alone, Diouf alluded to the same emotion recently, I've met a number of pro's over the years and they do in the main have a detatchment, the "it's me job" mentality which makes them different from the average fan. Being injured allows them the opportunity to rediscover that passion for the game, the thing that made them play it in the first place. It can be the making of a player as well as the end of one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion