Grow up - We are liverpool fc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:28 pm

To all the idiotic people who have been around these parts lately
GROW UP.I love Liverpool fc with a passion and over the years
I have witnessed more success than any other football club in this country could imagine.The first Trophy I can remember was in 74 when we beat Newcastle in the FA cup final and from that,there have been amazing days and nights of excitement,Passion  and pure joy that even now my hairs on my arms stand up when I think about them.
Eras,managers,and players come and go and with them come thoughts of
Anticipation and hope.I remember when “sir” Bob took over from Shanks,Dalglish from Fagin,and Evans from Souness etc etc. one thing I can say nothing changes in my feelings for this great club of mine,and nothing will.
I,ve also witnessed tragedy with Hillsborough,Heysel and cried bucket loads over lost friends but again my club,my passion remains.
As most of you know I,m quite Ill with Cancer at the moment and in between throwing up every hour i still remember with warmest feelings the joy, the passion, the everything that LIVERPOOL FC has given me.
The point I,m making is ok we havent signed a RW or a CB before the deadline day and it dosn’t matter how many Newcastle fans,Chelsea or united fans come on here to wind us up,because we have and are something that they will never be.We are family,we are friends but above all we are LIVERPOOL FC and don’t you FORGET IT.

YNWA
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:38 pm

drummerphil wrote:.I love Liverpool fc

me 2
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:38 pm

Dont worry mate they've all calmed down with a Bovril.

EoTD, People sign up to talk about Liverpool.

Its not 25 May everyday, there will be times when things aren't so nice.

Discussions can be funny, serious or heated.

if you dont like it.....

Is the advise i would think to myself if i felt wound up by it all.

(This is about as controversial a reply as you're going to get for this thread :p )
109-1093441336

Postby red or dead » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:55 pm

nice post mate , be strong Y. W. N.A :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
red or dead

Postby joependo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:57 pm

To all the idiotic people who have been around these parts lately
I have witnessed more success than any other football club in this country could imagine.The first Trophy I can remember was in 74 when we beat Newcastle in the FA cup final and from that,there have been amazing days and nights of excitement,Passion  and pure joy that even now my hairs on my arms stand up when I think about them.
Anticipation and hope.I remember when “sir” Bob took over from Shanks,Dalglish from Fagin,and Evans from Souness etc etc. one thing I can say nothing changes in my feelings for this great club of mine,and nothing will.
I,ve also witnessed tragedy with Hillsborough,Heysel and cried bucket loads over lost friends but again my club,my passion remains.
As most of you know I,m quite Ill with Cancer at the moment and in between throwing up every hour i still remember with warmest feelings the joy, the passion, the everything that LIVERPOOL FC has given me.
The point I,m making is ok we havent signed a RW or a CB before the deadline day and it dosn’t matter how many Newcastle fans,Chelsea or united fans come on here to wind us up,because we have and are something that they will never be.We are family,we are friends but above all we are LIVERPOOL FC and don’t you FORGET IT.

YNWA
Great read lad.I love liverpool to.Hope you get better with yore cancer and all.
joependo

Postby kopite_1232002 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:20 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:
drummerphil wrote:.I love Liverpool fc

me 2

me 3  :hearts
kopite_1232002

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:31 pm

drummerphil wrote:To all the idiotic people who have been around these parts lately

YNWA

yeah mate i agree, i think its symptomatic of this spoilt `i want everything now` generation, they think real life is easy and we should be like chelsea and buy every big name under the sun.
back in the 70`s and 80`s this city was falling apart at the seams, jobs for school leavers were like rocking horse sh1.t and the situation was made worse by major employers like tate and lyle, meccano and the b.a going to the wall, traditional jobs like cammell lairds over the water and the docks were a fraction of the size they used to be and unlike these days where new buildings are springing up everywhere town itself looked like the may blitz of 1941 had just happened a week before. no one went to `uni` or anything like that. it was the era of political turmoil, three day weeks, sitting with candles for light and the boys from the blackstuff.
life was grim but in liverpool football club we had a bit of escapism, we didnt have two farthings to rub together but it didnt matter when we read the match reports in the echo. the bond between the fans and club was really something special because people who spent the week scraping a existence felt on top of the world for at least a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon, people literally lived for saturday afternoons just to feel a success at something. fans from that era dont take the club for granted because the club was there for them when they needed it. lfc was not a club it was a rock to cling to in stormy waters, it probably still is now in some ways. the club means more and is about more than a right winger, a central defender and a prodigal son of a striker.
thoughts are with you phil, keep your chin up mate.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:47 am

drummerphil wrote:To all the idiotic people who have been around these parts lately

YNWA

Ban this twerp please.

He's a meatball
Luis Garcia

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:51 am

Luis Garcia wrote:

YNWA

Ban this twerp please.

He's a meatball

ay lad r u a pool fan
kopite_1232002

Postby mikopool » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:53 am

thats why I have...

\/\/\/\/\/\/                       ynwa.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:57 am

mikopool wrote:thats why I have...

\/\/\/\/\/\/                       ynwa.

was it hard tryin to keep the bird still when u were takin the pic :;):

sound tatto
kopite_1232002

Postby Gaunt » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:09 am

Garcia stfu you t.wat, he made a great post and i for one enjoyed it.
Gaunt

Postby laza » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:36 am

Great post D-phil  :D

ignore the saddos who really should be banned everytime they come back under a new name
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:11 am

:D  me 2
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:27 am

Like it or not, we are short of quality in certain depertments. This is the reality and I hope we can somehow offset this in the near future.

I love Liverpool FC to death and I dearly hope for us to do well. The youngsters, if called upon, need to stand up and be counted.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion