Gh to be the downfall of liverpool fc?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redandblue » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:26 pm

Stu-the-red....Saying that GH is 50% responsible for the French side is ludicrous. When he was in charge of the French national team they failed to qualify for the World Cup by losing last minute goals to both Israel and Bulgaria. In fact, he inherited a magnificent squad of players, and couldn't get his tactics right to salvage the points necessary in his final two games against mediocre opposition!!!

He then did a 'Hoddle' (in blaming Beckham) by publicly blaming Ginola and branded him a traitor (Houllier's words) in the French press. Ginola's family were hounded and it nearly killed his father. Ginola talks about it today with immense bitterness and not surprisingly says he was the worst man manager he ever worked for.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:15 pm

Stu The Red: you are correct when you say that Houllier played a role in where France are today: when they won the World Cup they asked FIFA to provide him with a special winner's medal for the work he did as TECHNICAL DIRECTOR and his great work on the country's youth STRUCTURE.

Stu: he did fantastic work at an ADMINISTRATIVE level, so much so the Australians asked him for advice on their own youth network.

You seem to forget that when Houllier was actual coach/manager of France they reached their lowest point in perhaps 20 years when a team with some very talented players (as well as few future stars) failed to qualify for the 1994 World Cup.

Houllier has an excellent pedigree at administrative/structural level, but his management pedigree is mixed: before he joined Liverpool he had only one major trophy to his name after 20 years of management: the French League with PSG in the mid 1980s.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:23 pm

LETS KEEP RACISM OUT OF THIS TOPIC THERE IS QUITE A LOT OF LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS IN IRELAND AND WE ARE ENTITLED TO OUR OPINION .
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION OF LFC LEAVE IT AT THAT

some people can't take a joke. hence the faces.

and it wouldn't be racism. irish people are generally the same race as british, if anything it would be predjudice so lets not kick up a fuss over nothing.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:13 pm

Technically speaking Irish people are Celts like the Welsh and Scots, whereas the English race is predominantly Saxon, and have more in common with the Germans than they do with the rest of the British Isles!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:15 pm

us oirish can spel bedder den yu inglish,so shad up yu mudderfooker!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:19 pm

That seemed funny until I actually read it.I wouldnt be offended by anything stu says anyway as its all just banter.We Irish arent that sensitive are we? All races should have the p#ss taken out of them(except the senegalese as that would offend big ben)
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:25 am

SO THRU
WE HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THIS IS ALL A BIT OF FUN AS WELL AS A BIT OF CRITICISM OF OUR FAV TEAM
BUT WE HAVE TO HAVE A LAUGH OF EACH OTHER AS WELL TO KEEP US SANE
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:53 am

(greenred) That seemed funny until I actually read it.I wouldnt be offended by anything stu says anyway as its all just banter.We Irish arent that sensitive are we? All races should have the p#ss taken out of them(except the senegalese as that would offend big ben)

Good one, greenred!
I am neither Irish nor English but I support Liverpool just the same...since I was in England for a 2-year period from '75 to '77.
FYI, I am Malaysian and I do believe that in Malaysia there is a large legion of Liverpool fans (more than Arsenal but less than manure) who are extremely frustrated at Liverpool's present predicament and also Houllier.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion