Getting married tomorrow - Thankyou

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:51 pm

azriahmad wrote:Sorry for the late reply.

Phil, Malaysia is formed in 2 parts - the Peninsular which is connected to Thailand and is just north of Singapore and another a part of Borneo island, we usually call East Malaysia. I was born in the nothern state in the Peninsular bordering with Thailand but have been living in the capital, Kuala Lumpur, which is on the western side of the Peninsular and a bit below the middle.

There used to be some of us here - Babu is one, and a scouser who calls himself peewee, peewee suddenly bolted off to Thailand sometime late last year, and I presume he has been there since. I think peewee had been fooling around with too many women (or were they men?) here and probably needed a new challenge by sampling the much larger 50+million Thais.

If you want to know a bit of my history with Liverpool - in 1975 when I was a wee boy (so were you then), I followed my dad to England when he was doing his post-graduate studies at Norwich. My elder brother and I took a liking to one Kevin Keegan, a fantastic buzz of a player, and we followed his then club, Liverpool Football Club, and got more and more hooked. The kids at school in the outskirts of Norwich are naturally fans of Norwich City who were then in the same First Division as us and I get a lot of stick for being the only Liverpool fan. By the end of the season, Sir Bob Paisley won his first two trophies, the league championship and the UEFA Cup, and Keegan and Toshack were very effective as the "little and large" partnership.

By the end of the 1976/77 season, Keegan left yet I then realised that I loved the club much more than the player. My brother and I kept reading news and watching clips of a terriffic Scottish player who plays for Celtic and seemed to score all of the time. We had always wished that Sir Bob would buy him and when Keegan left, I was ecstatic to hear the news that this Scot, Kenny Dalglish joined us as Keegan's replacement.

We came back to Malaysia in August 1977 and I kept following Liverpool. I myself had the opportunity to further my studies in England and from September 1988 until May 1993, I lived in Norwich and then London.

I have been a Liverpool fan for some 21 years now. :D

We get live games thanks to cable tv, but for the European matches, we get them at 3:00 a.m. but heck, that's not going to stop me following Liverpool. There are quite a few of Liverpool fans here in these parts of the world as Liverpool is a famous football institution.

YNWA.

Thanks for that fascinating story.I can relate to everything you have said.I have to admit though at the end of the 76/77 season i was 9 born 1968,and Kenny Dalglish meant very little to me as scotland didnt really interest me.He soon became my idol though and still is.I had the honour of being behind the goal when he scored the winner at wembley in the 78 european cup final against Bruges.Funny enough apart from Ray Kennedy...Keegan had always been my favourite player too and still followed him when in an England Shirt.Kenny also had that effect on me with Scotland and i started cheering Scotland on too because of him and also Souness,Hansen etc.I so wanted Scotland to do well in Argentina 78.
Anyway it sounds a lovely place you live,lucky you.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:13 pm

drummerphil wrote:Right here we go …….

I also mentioned how I wore my new liverpool  kit and a cowboy hat yesterday to get married and ……..the first photo is the proof…….lol

The second picture is of my new wife Karen,most of you have spoken too and my kids.

Phil

Thanks for the pics, Phil, it's lovely to see you and Karen.

You do look dapper in your hat and Karen looks beautiful, and very caring.
So glad you both had a good day and what better outfit to wear than your beloved Liverpool kit.
The children look great as well.

Many congratulations to you both, you're a special couple!!

Lots of love
xxx
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 am

Talk about lucky, Phil, you witnessed in the flesh one of the best goals ever scored by Kenny, not to mention important one, as I remembered Ray Clemence mentioning in his football column that it was absolutely "world class"  as he took a longish pass from Souness (? I think, as it was so long ago and live telecast did not reach my parts of the world like now but peewee told me so) with a deftest of touches, dummied his marker and as he was running towards the goal, cooly chipped the advancing 'keeper.

Wish I could get a clip somewhere the see this great goal now with the internet and download sites.

Kenny also scored the all-important goal that sealed the title for Liverpool in his first year as player-manager at Stamford Bridge. You remember that? It was beautifully executed as he chested the ball and unleashed a beauty half volley.

For me, Kenny quickly became my idol and Keegan was consigned to history because he was that much better and I'd been hoping that Kenny would come to Liverpool for sometime because of his fantastic exploits for Celtic. I saw highlights of Scottish league on telly every Saturday (BBC? Can't remember) and needless to say, he featured a lot - there was even a very cheeky but coolly executed backheeled goal by Kenny. My brother would say "this guy is very good, he should play for Liverpool".

In the close season before he joined us, he scored a rather bizzare soft goal when Ray Clemence, our 'keeper and then England's first choice, dropped a clanger by letting it go through his legs as he was kneeling down to catch Kenny's shot and Scotland beat England at Wembley.

Just like Sir Bob is on the top of the manager's all time list for me, King Kenny is without peer as a Liverpool legend. You're so lucky to have been able to witness in person so many great memories of Liverpool FC.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:45 pm

watching the reds through the 70's and 80's and following them across europe,will always rate the most special thing as a kid i could possibly have done.I was very lucky to have half the experiences i enjoyed back then.Who wanted to be kenny down the park kicking the ball about i know i did.Early experience of flying as a kid helped later on,as when you get older you become a natural traveller and the amount of countries i've visited and also shown my kids has been great.Its all been down to a little blonde hair fellow (me) and his uncle....wanting to follow a great and courageous team who played the game that only most teams back then could dream about.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:11 am

maybe the club shop should look at bringing out liverpool wedding attire.Maybe i've started something.Crested top hats,tuxedo with name and number on the back.Wedding dresses covered in embroided club badges........all for the most disconcerning Liverpool fans,to celebrate the big day.  :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:32 pm

drummerphil wrote:initial  enquires have been made.My toast was under buttered this morning :laugh:

you have a quality sense of humour phil, always a good laugh :D

now wheres chelseaforever :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrsDrummerphil » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:39 pm

drummerphil wrote:cheers.........i'm not brave,i'm just trying to live nothing more.When my time is here at least i can say i tried my best.

but thanks anyway

I LOVE YOU PHIL BEFORE, THEN, AFTER, NOW AND FOREVER MORE - "TILL DEATH US REUNITES". X
mrsDrummerphil

Postby Joel_Barish » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:54 pm

grats mate.
besiktas fan
Joel_Barish

Postby username » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Happy anniversary, im sure he is with you in sprit :)
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby RedBlood » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:42 pm

happy anniversary
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:42 pm

Our thoughts are still with you Karen. RIP Phil, gone but never forgotten.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joel_Barish » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:51 pm

oh rip phil.. im really sorry :(
besiktas fan
Joel_Barish

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:18 am

A year can sometimes feel like a long time - and yet seem like only yetserday!

Thinking of you
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:39 am

RIP matey

YNWA.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army