Getting married tomorrow - Thankyou

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:00 am

jerez wrote:Have been following thid thread for quite a while and to be honest i have been in tears god knows what you and your new wife Karen r going through.I can honestly say you have definitly changed my life,i hope truly and honestly you get thru this :censored: your going thru,please keep fighting you will get there...........PS was you @Burnley in 74  when the coach was stoned

In 1974 i was 6 and had only just started going to games with my uncle and that was Anfield only.Whether the coach was stoned in Burnley by Burnley fans or in the other sense of the word Sir bob or Shanks had a spliff i really was too young to remember........ :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:05 am

Congratulations Phil, beautiful family and I can only echo what everyone else has said about your bravery. I doubt Ill ever see anything to match it ever again.
Just keep fighting brother, my prayers are with you always.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:17 am

cheers.........i'm not brave,i'm just trying to live nothing more.When my time is here at least i can say i tried my best.

but thanks anyway
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:18 am

drummerphil wrote:
Sabre wrote:Well first of all, congratulations to Karen (it's a tradition here to congratulate the girl first) she looks good!!

And those pics of yours are not sad at all!! One might think that you'd look weak, but if I was Welsh Wizard I wouldn't get close to your bed whatsoever, you look strong enough to frighten him!! :)

I must confess you that I'd like to wear a LFC or RS shirt also in my wedding, after all the team doesn't change in one's life, so it's much more appropiate than ridiculous suits. I'm afraid my family won't me allow to do that, though. :down:

Dalglish mate, I also hate traditional weddings and all the paraphernalia, this one seems lovely though, no paraphernalia, just a great couple and a few beloved people around.

Congratulations!

Quickest wedding i've ever attended.No family came (didnt invite any or give them the date),only had friends as witnesses or to take photos,and these were people who had above the call of duty had helped me alot.
My family cant be in a room together without argueing with each other,my mother has to be the centre of attention.
I have other family who only come to weddings to get free stuff and see what the bride and groom have had two of presents wise,with a hope of walking away with the spare one.
Point i'm making even though i'm dying of cancer it would not have made any difference with my lot.
So i enjoyed my wedding no arguments,no fuss,no embaressment unlike when i got married back in 1992 first time and vowed never to do again.Obviously i got divorced 10 years ago and Karen is a different woman. :suspect:

phil i think all family's are like that at my engagement there was a full scale brawl it was awesome but the wife seen her :censored: (poor cow only jokin ) so to save more arrests and hospital visits i arranged to get married over sea's and took only close friends and very chosen family it's nice to see your pic's you can see what it meant to everyone and it's true what there saying you look well de man in your hat and shirt and karen looks amazing congrats well done ...daxy1

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:44 am

Honestly Phil, I know I've said congrats already but words cannot really explain how happy I am for you and Karen. I'm finding it hard to type here. Those pictures are just superb. Getting married in an LFC shirt and a top hat ey? Absaloute legend. I have never known anyone to have been so brave in all my life. Anyway you know what I'm trying to say but I can't get the words out.

You and Karen deserve each other. You have a wonderful family. Wishing you all the luck in the world. Keep fighting Phil, we are all thinking of you.

You'll Truly Never Walk Alone
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:11 am

adamnbarrett wrote:Honestly Phil, I know I've said congrats already but words cannot really explain how happy I am for you and Karen. I'm finding it hard to type here. Those pictures are just superb. Getting married in an LFC shirt and a top hat ey? Absaloute legend. I have never known anyone to have been so brave in all my life. Anyway you know what I'm trying to say but I can't get the words out.

You and Karen deserve each other. You have a wonderful family. Wishing you all the luck in the world. Keep fighting Phil, we are all thinking of you.

I've said before....if i can get through this year and into next and hopefully start to improve big style.A company at a point when i'm ready "The Willow Foundation"....(please look them up on the net) are willing to pay for a party maybe at Anfield for me and friends.I look forward when i'm fit enough to do this and we can all get together from this forum.It will mean alot.It would be my way of saying thankyou for the constant support i get.

YNWA
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:21 am

drummerphil wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Honestly Phil, I know I've said congrats already but words cannot really explain how happy I am for you and Karen. I'm finding it hard to type here. Those pictures are just superb. Getting married in an LFC shirt and a top hat ey? Absaloute legend. I have never known anyone to have been so brave in all my life. Anyway you know what I'm trying to say but I can't get the words out.

I've said before....if i can get through this year and into next and hopefully start to improve big style.A company at a point when i'm ready "The Willow Foundation"....(please look them up on the net) are willing to pay for a party maybe at Anfield for me and friends.I look forward when i'm fit enough to do this and we can all get together from this forum.It will mean alot.It would be my way of saying thankyou for the constant support i get.

YNWA

that's a great idea phil.  When you've pulled through this, we'll have the biggest of all :censored: ups!  :buttrock

Now its sunk in, how's it feel to be a husband again?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:01 pm

Husband you say,it dosnt feel any different never does really.If you have lived with someone for years nothing changes.The only one thing is the obvious further committment you have given each other.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Phil & Karen...

My most sincere and heartfelt congrats to you both (and your families). Marriage is a wonderful and important step in anyone's life but to be taking that step at this time in your life must make it all the more special.

Phil, you might think you are 'only' trying to live but there are so many in this world, are in a far better state of health, who can't do that. You inspire many around you.

My own life motto (taken from the writings of American philosopher Martin Selegman) could be aptly applied to you and your current situation:

From where does man gain his sense of worth?
Not from what he owns or possesses...
but from seeing his actions change the world

My best wishes to you both for the future.

Brad Hughes (Lionheart)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:24 am

Phil,
Compared to some of the kiddos here, we're like a bit of a relic as you are one of the few I can remember who I can relate to when we go retro and talk about the Bob Paisley era from the very beginning. From the outrageous perms of Kevin Keegan et all in the 1970s through to the elation of witnessing Sir Bob winning his first trophy to the ephoria when we totally demolished our then European nemesis, Borussia Monchengladbach in the 1977 European Cup final in Rome, to the despair of losing to Manure via a deflected goal in the 1977 FA Cup final.

I lived in England in 2 stints, 1975 to 1977 when I followed my dad who was studying his post-graduate degree and then later in 1988 to 1993 when I myself went to first Norwich and then London to pursue my own studies.

I consider myself a Liverpool FC fanatic even from my faraway place from Anfield, but in this regard, you are way ahead of me, mate.

YNWA
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:08 am

It dosn't matter where you live.I was born in the Anfield area of Liverpool,but spent 37 years away from there in fact Stoke on trent.If Liverpool the city,the people,and  our club has set up residence in your heart nobody is ahead of anybody else.We all dream the same things and live the same life.
Liverpool fc would be in my heart even if i lived in a plastic bag in a council tip in Mansfield.:D
Last edited by drummerphil on Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:14 am

drummerphil wrote:Husband you say,it dosnt feel any different never does really.If you have lived with someone for years nothing changes.The only one thing is the obvious further committment you have given each other.

In one Phil that is it.

I couldnt put it better my self.

Fair play  :nod
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:21 am

drummerphil wrote:If Liverpool the city,the people,and the our club has set up residence in your heart nobody is ahead of anybody else.

:nod  :bowdown
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:59 am

Follow your heart i say,where ever that may be.For 38 years my insides have been written through with Anfield home of the champions.It would be nice to see that to be true again this year.I'm thinking of getting a donor card for when i've gone,to help other Liverpool fans......:laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:17 am

hey phil what's up with Mansfield?

Your right though born and bred in Bolton, and im red through and through and perhaps more so than typical scousers cos i have to put up with the mancs around here. By god i do put up with some :censored: but its changing now and im lovin it. They just cant take it.

We are one big community who wont sell out. We Never walk Alone
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion