"i'll consider my future if gerard houllier goes" - !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:29 pm

Did anyone else feel as fu#ked off as me when they read this?
Stevie G has been magestic this season, a one man dynamo surrounded by sh#t.
But what the hell is this statement going to achieve?Motivation for the team to suceed? A muscle flex to the board.
When our skipper can't see the wood for ther trees we are in serious trouble.
We need Stevie G more than any other part of the club at the minute and for the future but I think we will have to test his resolve by parting with GH and sweeping  the brush with the rest of the drudge that represent Liverpool.
Board included.
Moores has been in charge for 13 years.
This is the worst team in that time.
Act now.
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:33 pm

He should never have said it, his loyalty to Liverpool FC should not been open to question. But let's face it, what is he hoping for?

If Houllier leaves, Gerrard will not be able to play for Houllier because the sh1tty side that Houllier ends up at will not be able to afford the fee

If Gerrard goes elsewhere then he still won't be under Houllier's guidance

Bottom line is it was a thoughtless comment. Does he really believe he can sway fan's opinion back in favour of Houllier?!?!?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:38 pm

Very true, loyalty has its place and it is something we have more than most, but this is a ludicrous situation we are in.Blind faith will lead us to another 10 years of nothingness.See that boy Mexes said he will not come unless we qualify for the Champ league!
pr##k.

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:58 pm

Blind faith?

The worst team in 13 years?

For christs sake get a grip.

We aren't as far away as some people would believe.

I can't even be arsed explaining.

When Houllier first took charge he installed a tactic then bought players to fit that tactic. When Houllier decided we needed a change he installed a new tactics and started buying players to fit that tactic... now let him finish the job he started and show the CLUB (AS A WHOLE!!!!) support.
115-1073096938

Postby Eazy-E » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:10 pm

Maybe you are right Stu but it is annoying the way some player's show no passion when they put on the Red jersey:O
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby oldredeyes » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:12 pm

I don't think you should read too much into Stevie G's words.
After all he has some personal stuff going on that would make it difficult for him to criticise GH.
Stevie knows he almost went of the rails last year and needed to get his lifestyle back on track - apparently GH was instrumental in helping him do this.
Secondly GH made him captain - the only sensible decision GH made all season.
And so the boy's dream of being captain of his home town team came true. I expect it is this which makes Stevie feel the way he does.
But if GH goes, as expected, then Stevie will come on board and give the new manager his full support.
It's just an honest case of misplaced loyalty - and we have all been guilty of that sometimes in our lives.
Please leave soon GH and end this errosion of confidence in the few decent players we have left.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:40 pm

ALLEDGEDLY STEVIE SPENT A MONTH ,IN THE GRACIOUS HOSPITALITY OF NON OTHER THAN OUR UNDER PRESSURE MANAGER AND HIS WIFE ,WHILE HE GOT HIS CONSIDERABLY EXTRAVAGANT LIFESTYLE IN ORDER ,THATS ALL I SAY ,BUT A STEWARD FROM ANFIELD RELIABLY INFORMED ME, ALLEDGEDLY SPEAKING THAT IS !
AND IF THAT WAS THE CASE WOULD'NT YOU FIGHT HIS CORNER ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:23 am

Cant blame Gerrard for supporting houllier. I if he did that for me I'd fight his corner without doubts.
Also houllier made him captain and gave him his chance and his first game.
Cant blame gerrard for supporting him .
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:11 am

Gerard Houllier insists that although Liverpool should always be aiming higher than a fourth place finish, fans should not underestimate the importance of qualifying for the Champions League.
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:30 am

its just posing from Stevie, note he said he'd "consider" it, he didn't say he'd leave.

It is a way of saying you're loyal to the boss, trying to lean a bit of muscle on the board, but realising that you are just a f##king player and have no pull over the club as a hole so giving yourself an opt out if Houllier gets sacked, after some soul searching he'll probably stay on.

I remember Erickson saying something similar about England after some controversy, considered it, did nothing.

I am a fan of stevie but think he should keep his f##king mouth shut on this issue.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:36 am

Big Niall you're spot on there. Gerard made a throw-away comment to show his personal support for GH but the likelihood of him following through with it and demanding to go if GH gets sacked is near zero. Stevie G has pure LFC coursing through his veins and it would take a lot more than GH's departure to change that.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The retrun of beavis » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:32 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Blind faith?

The worst team in 13 years?

For christs sake get a grip.

We aren't as far away as some people would believe.

I can't even be arsed explaining.

When Houllier first took charge he installed a tactic then bought players to fit that tactic. When Houllier decided we needed a change he installed a new tactics and started buying players to fit that tactic... now let him finish the job he started and show the CLUB (AS A WHOLE!!!!) support.

Yeah leave him alone ,
i reckon another two or three years and Houllier will crack it ,
we just have to be patient,
Give the guy a chance and get off his back ! :angry:
Im f##king hilarious me!

The Sensei of Wit

The 2004 Big Brother

'I am that funny that a lot of the time I crack myself up'

President of the Beavis Crew
The retrun of beavis

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:10 pm

Ok, the worst "performing" team in 13 years.
Name for name the potential ios obvious but potential wins fu# all and GH's faith in the like of heskey WILL cost him his job even if he does get another year.
And as for let him finish the job he started? How long should he get? 10 years?
Sure.

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:17 pm

I think people need to realise that us Liverpool fans are used to seeing us dominate european footbal over the last 30 years and then to not with 'major' honours for 13 years isn't good, it's all good and fair saying that it will come good in a few years but what if it doesn't come good? basically that will be more years down the pan and I hate seeing those f*ckin Mancs at the top with us second best, especially when their fans take the p1ss all the time, plus Houllier came to Anfield saying give him 5 years cos he has this 'plan' but nothin has come yet, are we going to have to wait another 5 years? I don't hate the guy but he isn't kidding me!

I want justice for these last 13 dark years now not in years to come!!!  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lloydie » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:32 am

well said paul c.......
we've not won the league for what will now be 14 years, and to be honest the way things are looking at the minute (irespective of GH's ridiculous comments in todays papers), we will not be winning it for at least another 5...
it's not just a case of getting rid of the manager, i think it's got to be a 'cull', from the very top...
the fact that the chairman has rejected a £50 million injection, just for the sake of not having steve morgan on board (cos they don't get on). is ridiculous, if DM has liverpools interests at heart, he's realise that he's taken us as far as GH  (as far as they can) !!!!!

from my point of view (and i think the majority of match going reds), we need to act now, before we end up like the sh##e from across the park !!!
cos from where i'm sitting, it's a case of 'dejoir vou'......only this time its the reds !!
WHEN I WAS IN ITALY, IT WAS LIKE PLAYING IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY !!!
lloydie

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion