Gerard houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:06 am

[/quote]"All my injured players will be back in four weeks and then we will be a different proposition.

"I accept the demands of my job, I am always being reminded. But this is not about my future, it is about Liverpool's and my job is to make this club win consistently again.

"I accept some of our recruits have not delivered, those signed in 2002 have fallen short and have not shown what we bought them for and they know they are not producing.

"But the spirit is good, if we stick together we will come through together."
[quote]

first part of the quote... i agree.

second part of the quote... i agree and see that he cares about our club.

third part of the quote... admitting he's made mistakes which were crucial and seems to have learnt from those mistakes.

fourth part of the quote... again i wish people would believe. who knows maybe once we get our players back and start playing good football again we can start winning over some of the doom merchants... i won't count on it tho.
115-1073096938

Postby antz » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:55 am

Stu which players do you think will make a differnce ? M Owen of course, Carrager and Finnan will tighten the defence apart from that who else Baros is not a prolific scorer as yet so will not solve our scoring problem. Just a thought if Gerrard knows that his signings from 2003 have failed to deliver why only now has he admitted it and why hasnt he sold or repalced them.
antz

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:00 pm

Owen will make a Difference. Hamann has come back and made a huge difference to the midfield. Hamann, Gerrard and Kewell once all in the same side will be a VERY healthy midfield. You take one out, if weakens it from being a top class midfield to a good midfield imo.

Baros will offer an outlet upfront and basically be another player on the pitch. He will offer more consistency than Heskey and more abiliy than Sinama. Carragher will offer ALOT more defensive stability than Riise, he also offers leadership and covers other defenders which are things Riise doesn't do. He also only hoofs the ball when in serious trouble where as Riise just seems to aimlessly hump it forward at every oppurtunity and is the main culprit of the hoofs. Finnan will sure up the right back spot and and help with his attacking play with his movement, excellent first touch, good passing, superb crossing ability with both feet and footballing sense on the pitch. Henchoz once fit will offer us an extra player... Biscan't isn't good enough. He's awful... i could do better. end of :)

Also the consistency of being able to pick your best players regularly will help and add confidence to the side. At the moment players aren't doing things on instinct and you can see that alot of them are seriously lacking in confidence.
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:09 pm

Owen is going Stu you and Houlier can stew on that one.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:25 pm

Listen Stu........we had a full team out at the start of the season, and we were awful in August, and September. We had a full team for large parts of the last season and we were awful.

What makes you think that with this group of players and this clown of a manager, we are about to get dramatically better??

We are hugely dependent on Owen, and he will make a difference. But this is his last season. He is determined to join a good team which competes at the highest levels.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:47 pm

"All my injured players will be back in four weeks and then we will be a different proposition.

Conjecture

"I accept the demands of my job, I am always being reminded. But this is not about my future, it is about Liverpool's and my job is to make this club win consistently again.

He's bound to say that otherwise he'd be on his way out for sure

"I accept some of our recruits have not delivered, those signed in 2002 have fallen short and have not shown what we bought them for and they know they are not producing.

Accepting a fact doesn't really make a lot of difference, maybe he could enlighten us as to why

The injuries are damaging, mainly because the squad is rather lacking quality in depth. Henchoz is a key component as well as Owen, hopefully soon he can get back into the heart of defence and strengthen our defence. I am surprised he was right-back on Sunday, I think maybe Biscan could do a job there instead. Carragher, Finnan and Baros are good but Baros has not yet forced his way (permanently) ahead of Heskey while Carrager and Finnan are not pivotal players IMO. Dudek is a more than adequate replacement for Kirkland. I think the number of other injuries added to the major blow of the absences of Owen and Henchoz have been the main worry. For me it is that we have no adequate cover for the absence of Owen that is the worry (and Henchoz)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:34 am

stu_the_red wrote:Baros will offer an outlet upfront and basically be another player on the pitch. He will offer more consistency than Heskey and more abiliy than Sinama.

So you like Baros after all? I remember you saying he wasnt fit to tie Heskey`s boots. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:59 am

:p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion