Gary mcallister - Returns?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 04, 2006 2:02 pm

i heard this on the radio today and it seems that it is going to happen, i am very happy about this it will be great for the club and give Gary a lift right when he needs it.
so sad about his wife.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu May 04, 2006 6:22 pm

He's bald
Hes Great
He's well past 38
Its Gary Mac

I'd love him to be back, he was a model pro whilst he was here and Im sure he will do a great job.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 05, 2006 2:43 am

Top player, top man.

I'd have him on MY coaching staff if I were the gaffer.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Fri May 05, 2006 8:31 am

me too lando, could you imagine Gary passing on his football knowledge to the ohter players? and the things he can teach them, he would make a real impact on thje coaching staff.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:14 am

apparently mauricio pellegrino has turned down the chance to be involved with the staff at the club, saying he wishes to carry on playing for another year....as for mcallister he will come when he is ready.  :)

a better ambassador for the club outside those already in place couldnt be found if you ask me... the man is impeccable in his knowledge, style and general 'down to earth' qualities he has about the game.

never an ill word have i heard gary say about liverpool, likewise there are few that dont respect him.  if/when he arrives it will have a massive impact... who knows if the position is one he could settle in to, im sure he will.

i wouldnt be surprised if he was here before christmas, at least.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:53 pm

oh well this clears up any doubt..... :(  all the best gary.

GARY MAC: TIMING WAS WRONG FOR ME TO RETURN
Paul Eaton 05 May 2006 

Gary McAllister today revealed why he reluctantly asked Rafael Benitez not to consider him for the position of the club's new reserve team coach. 
The former Liverpool star met with Rafa and chief executive Rick Parry to speak about the possibility of him replacing Paco Herrera, with the Spaniard set to leave Anfield this summer.

McAllister admits it was a tempting proposition, but with his wife having recently lost her battle against breast cancer and with his two sons settled in the Midlands, he doesn't feel the time is right to make an emotional return to Merseyside.

"I should make it clear I was not offered the reserve team manager's job, but we spoke about it," explained McAllister.

"I went to Liverpool to meet Rafa and Rick and we had a chat about the possibility of me returning. There is a vacancy on the coaching staff at the moment and we discussed it.

"I don't need to say how exciting and tempting an opportunity it was for me. Under any other circumstances I'd have jumped at the chance.

"But after we spoke I thought about the situation and realised the timing is just not quite right for me at this moment, so I told Rafa not to consider me for the job.

"I have two young boys and it's too early for me to start thinking about moving away from the Midlands so soon after Denise passed away.

"I'd never met Rafa before other than to say hello, but I thought he was an extremely impressive person."

McAllister remains a cult hero at Anfield after an inspirational spell at the club during which he helped the Reds capture the treble in 2001.

He admits Liverpool will forever be a club close to his heart and he has thanked the many fans who sent him messages of support following the sad death of his wife Denise.

"I was only at Liverpool two years, but the response I've received ever since is absolutely fantastic," said McAllister.

"I'd like to say how grateful I am for the support from everyone at Liverpool during what's been such a difficult period for me.

"The players, the coaching staff and the people at the top of the club have been wonderful to me.

"I was told The Kop was chanting my name in recent games and I was really touched by that. It would have been fantastic if I'd been able to return and I was very excited by the chance to discuss it.

"I still have ambitions to return to the game one day, and I'd love a similar opportunity to come around again in the future. Unfortunately, it's not quite right for me to return at the moment."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby thegreedo » Fri May 05, 2006 1:07 pm

He's got no hair but we don't care!!

Would love to see him back in the future, quality fella! :bowdown

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 05, 2006 6:16 pm

thought i would add this here, pellegrino is coming back to join the staff?

Rafa Benitez has asked Mauricio Pellegrino to become a member of his backroom staff at Liverpool if he decides to hang up his boots at the end of the season.

The Argentinian central defender has previously said he is keen on a move into coaching after he retires, but has been offered a one-year extension to his playing contract at Alaves.

Pellegrino played for Benitez at Valencia and Liverpool, and has stated in the past that he would enjoy working with his former boss to learn the ropes on the training field.

With Paco Herrera, a key member of the coaching staff at Anfield, deciding to leave the club and return to Spain at the end of the current campaign, Benitez is on the lookout for a replacement.

The 33-year-old Pellegrino has completed just 12 matches for Alaves this season and is still mulling over whether to continue playing in Vitoria or retire at the end of this term.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion