Fao banana - Please answer the following questions!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:14 pm

So i can understand your views in the future.

Where are you from?

What do you base your knowledgeless opinions on?

What don't you rate about Owen, Kirkland and Robinson and what have you got against english players?

Have you ever been to live games?

Do you rate David Beckham?

Do you rate Rio Ferdinand?

Please be honest in your answers.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 10:31 pm

Fkin' Ell Stu !!!!!!!!
Did somebody give you a big hat and called you Sheriff ?
Whats with the interrogation ?
DSS Nark  ???
LMAO  :D  :laugh:  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:49 pm

Remember Big Ben?  Banana is very Ben-like isn't he?

Just a thought.
jonnymac1979

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 14, 2004 5:17 am

If you can understand my/our views in the future, 
1. What are the advantage/s or disadvantage/s for you?
2. Will the advantage/disadvantage influences your views in the future?
3. If it influences your view, what will you do about that?
4. If I/we rate DB and RF, does it, in your opinion, have something to do with my/our love for Liverpool?
:)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 14, 2004 5:55 am

I just found it out that it might not be for me/us.
Sorry, Stu, for my being careless.

:)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri May 14, 2004 7:42 am

What a complete helmet
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Fri May 14, 2004 3:16 pm

I can answer your questions:

I do not think Robison is as good as many people think. He is at best a decent goalkeeper. He has been available for sale for a long time. Not many teams bidding for him was there? Finally he was sold to Spurs for a modest fee. Hopefully he can develop into a fine goalkeeper some day.

Kirkland is a big lad. He is a decent backup to Dudek. For me he looks a bit slow and his footwork is not always the best. I do not know why people think he is better than Dudek? That really puzzles me.

I think Niemi has been the best goalkeeper this year.

Then you wan't my opinion on Owen. Owen played his best football in the years 1998-2001. The last two years have been miserable. Fair enough, he does not get much support up front. But I also think he has lost some of his pace which was his most valuable asset. I have several times said that Liverpool should sell him before he becomes a bosman player. I think both Drogba and Cisse could replace him. Another hot prospect could be Carlos Tevez of Boca.

Beckham and Ferdinand are both good players. I have nothing against english players. I just think players often get heavily overrated because they have english passports.

I have been to live games in England, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, Norway, Hungary, Germany.....

Best LIVE memory was River Plate - Boca Juniors in Estadio Monumental. But also Vasco Da Gama's hammering of United in the world team cup was great.

I have played football for 10 years and i peaked at a level similar to english division 3.

I like fluid attacking football and players with flair, creativity and technique.

I try to build my views from my experience as a player and from what I see when watching LIVE and televised football.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

banana wrote:Beckham and Ferdinand are both good players. I have nothing against english players. I just think players often get heavily overrated because they have english passports.

i agree with you about those two.

ferdinand is about the fourth best defender we have in this country imo. despite being an ar#ehole, woodgate was the better of the two at leeds and still is. terry and campbell are also better.

beckham is a great player in terms of technique, work rate and dead ball ability, but is also extremely overrated. give me gerrard anyday of the week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 14, 2004 3:46 pm

BEckham and gerard are very different players i cant compare them!

Beckham will  be regarded as one of the greats of this era of players and i think its fair enough
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri May 14, 2004 4:28 pm

What has this thread got to do with anything?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri May 14, 2004 5:50 pm

I can answer your questions:

I do not think Robison is as good as many people think. He is at best a decent goalkeeper. He has been available for sale for a long time. Not many teams bidding for him was there? Finally he was sold to Spurs for a modest fee. Hopefully he can develop into a fine goalkeeper some day.

Kirkland is a big lad. He is a decent backup to Dudek. For me he looks a bit slow and his footwork is not always the best. I do not know why people think he is better than Dudek? That really puzzles me.

I think Niemi has been the best goalkeeper this year.

Then you wan't my opinion on Owen. Owen played his best football in the years 1998-2001. The last two years have been miserable. Fair enough, he does not get much support up front. But I also think he has lost some of his pace which was his most valuable asset. I have several times said that Liverpool should sell him before he becomes a bosman player. I think both Drogba and Cisse could replace him. Another hot prospect could be Carlos Tevez of Boca.

Beckham and Ferdinand are both good players. I have nothing against english players. I just think players often get heavily overrated because they have english passports.

I have been to live games in England, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, Norway, Hungary, Germany.....

Best LIVE memory was River Plate - Boca Juniors in Estadio Monumental. But also Vasco Da Gama's hammering of United in the world team cup was great.

I have played football for 10 years and i peaked at a level similar to english division 3.

I like fluid attacking football and players with flair, creativity and technique.

I try to build my views from my experience as a player and from what I see when watching LIVE and televised football.

Kirkland handles the ball brilliantly. His technique in handling palming and punching a ball is excellent. He commands his box claiming high balls and has alot of bottle. In one on ones he is superb, stands big till the last second and spreads himself well.

I agree about his footwork and coming off his line, he is average at both of these but these are things that can and will improve with experience.

Owen has lost a yard of pace, but has improved his alround play, his play with his back to goal is now very good, he's learnt to hold the ball up, he can pass a ball much better and isn't sloppy in possession, his movement has improved as has his general technique. He is also a far better headerer of a ball than people would give him credit for. There is far more to a game than pace. Owen's alround game is superb and lets face it, he's not exactly slow is he?

I asked did you rate them and how highly? Don't you think either player is world class. Both are easily in Steven Gerrards class with different attributes obviously.

Why do you like attacking players? Whats so good about them? Can you not appriciate work rate, bravery, determination, agression, power and pressence? I'd rather watch Steven Gerrard than Ronaldinho. Thats my personal preference.

On that note, your post at least has foundation and thought process and you seem to have some idea of wath a football actually is... so how on earth can you tell me you think Baros and Sinama are better players than Owen?

I really don't understand ???
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Sat May 15, 2004 12:40 pm

I like both Baros and Pongolle. Although I haven't seen all that much of Pongolle really. The only problem is Baros, Pongo and Owen are far too similar. We need more size and strenght up front. During the last few yaers Baros has become better and better. I look forward to seeing him in the european championship. Pongolle is still young and I hope he will develop into a fine player some day. Owen was great a few years back. He used to twist and turn and he used his pace and trickery to go past defenders. We don't see him do that anymore do we? He has lost some of his fearsome pace and acceleration. And now he is holding the club hostage with his crazy wage demands. He has only one year left of his contract so I think it is wise to sell him during the summer and get some money back rather than letting him go on a free in one years time.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 15, 2004 12:44 pm

Owen said that he wouldn't do that Banana, that being leave the club on a free like McManaman did. I believe MO is a man of his word.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat May 15, 2004 12:54 pm

Well. I hope so. But talk is cheap. If he leaves on a bosman he will get a better deal. Maybe £ 5 mio punds in sign on fee? This is a lot of money.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 15, 2004 1:00 pm

surely the lad has enough money as it is without needin a couple of million more, I don't think Owen would be that greedy to snub a club he has been such a great servant for, I could be wrong.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion