End of Season Assessment - how did we fare?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm wrote:It's quite amazing how it wasnt disrespectful to talk about replacing the manager last summer after we won a trophy yet when we have a season which is no better and could possibly be worse when all competitions are taken into consideration it's now disrespectful !

This season wasnt good enough - it's all about results at the end of the day - results over the whole season ( not just one half ) in every competition - and this season is nowhere near good enough. We spent over £50mil and moved up one place but blew out in the cups - not good enough.

Next season the results need to dramatically improve - we need to start beating the teams above us.

The only stats that will matter will be trophies won and league position - a significant increase on those will earn BR another season.

You are like a broken record but not as interesting.
I wanted KK to have another season but it wasnt to be. Now we have a new manager and people are talking about bringing Rafa back. You are speaking as if people are happy with the situation we are in. Who the fu'ck has said coming 7th and being knocked out of the cups is good enough? Who has stated that we musnt do better, or that we musnt dramatically improve? Who are these idiots who have accepted mid table medocrity?
You are annoying and stupid with your constant stating of the bleeding obvious. Why dont you give it a rest and have the summer off?
Go enjoy yourself and try to develop some optimism for fu'cks sake
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 21, 2013 12:26 am

It's quite amazing how it wasnt disrespectful to talk about replacing the manager last summer after we won a trophy yet when we have a season which is no better and could possibly be worse when all competitions are taken into consideration it's now disrespectful !

This season wasnt good enough - it's all about results at the end of the day - results over the whole season ( not just one half ) in every competition - and this season is nowhere near good enough. We spent over £50mil and moved up one place but blew out in the cups - not good enough.

Next season the results need to dramatically improve - we need to start beating the teams above us.

The only stats that will matter will be trophies won and league position - a significant increase on those will earn BR another season. 

It's quite amazing how some of our fans mimic the impatience of Abramhovich and Chelsea. What have they become, everything they've supposedly despised.

It may not have been good enough by your lofty standards and expectations, but most reasonable fans weren't expecting Rodgers and co to pull up trees this season it was always going to be transitional. And to be fair to Rodgers he's got us 9 points better off in the league, a place above and didn't spend half as much as Kenny. Yes, the domestic cup runs this year were poor and like SCS post indicated a 'C' grade was probably about right.

a significant increase on those will earn BR another season. 

Why, are you the one who will personally sack him if they don't?

Perhaps you shouldn't go round these boards masquerading your opinion as fact.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm wrote:It's quite amazing how it wasnt disrespectful to talk about replacing the manager last summer after we won a trophy yet when we have a season which is no better and could possibly be worse when all competitions are taken into consideration it's now disrespectful !

Listen to you preaching about being disrespectful, your the most disrespectful little weasel on here.

'We need to start beating teams above us' - Benny 'state the obvious' Noon has addressed the community, all rise
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Tue May 21, 2013 5:22 pm

We are all entitled to our own opinions. To me it boils down to that the club chose to go in the short sighted direction every since Twitt and Twatt took over and since all these kinds of owners sees us as and investment I'm not going to support them with my money until I get what I want. Had the fans owned the club or an owner that really cared I could have oversight with this. We are just simple consumers to them.

Rafa shouldn't have been booted and the same goes for KK if they are going to let BR slide with his poor results.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Kukilon » Tue May 21, 2013 5:22 pm wrote:We are all entitled to our own opinions. To me it boils down to that the club chose to go in the short sighted direction every since Twitt and Twatt took over and since all these kinds of owners sees us as and investment I'm not going to support them with my money until I get what I want. Had the fans owned the club or an owner that really cared I could have oversight with this. We are just simple consumers to them.

Rafa shouldn't have been booted and the same goes for KK if they are going to let BR slide with his poor results.

and what do you want exactly? Are you implying Rodgers should be sacked simply because the two previous managers were?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm

to be fair to Rodgers he's got us 9 points better off in the league, a place above and didn't spend half as much as Kenny.   

This little nugget of FACT has been conveniently ignored by those who criticise BR or long for another managerial change....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 7:13 pm

redno7 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm wrote:

Listen to you preaching about being disrespectful, your the most disrespectful little weasel on here.

'We need to start beating teams above us' - Benny 'state the obvious' Noon has addressed the community, all rise

You need to go read up about being disrespectful the way you talk to people on here and throw insults about

You can try and point out exactly where I'm being disrespectful to anyone but you will struggle

I at least just stick to the subject at hand and don't lower myself to your levels of throwing insults and digs at people.

My post was purely about the thread and subject at hand - give it a try yourself instead of having a go at me
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 7:18 pm

7_Kewell » Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm wrote:
to be fair to Rodgers he's got us 9 points better off in the league, a place above and didn't spend half as much as Kenny.   

This little nugget of FACT has been conveniently ignored by those who criticise BR or long for another managerial change....

How has it been ignored ? It's been mentioned that we have moved up one place - one whole place after spending a considerable amount
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Simple fact is, it's been another poor season for us. As much as it pains me to say it, we as Liverpool fans are starting to get used to mediocrity and have become somewhat resigned to accepting where we are. You still have the odd supporter here and there talking about it being unacceptable and changing managers being a solution. Personally, I don't think that view warrants as harsh a response as it gets in this forum.

We are a work in progress, the manager has done an average job, and I personally don't think he has what it takes to one day lead the club to a league or CL title. What he could and MUST do however, is improve both our league position and our general record in the league as early as next season. We have consistently been amongst the top spenders in the country during the past 5-8 years and the manager has been backed sufficiently (both financially and in terms of job security) to take us to a level where we should compete with the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal. We did improve this season across the board, but our expectations are surely higher than what we are achieving at the moment. We finished 8th last season behind a Newcastle side that narrowly avoided relegation this season. Every other side that is under us at the table this season has no aspirations of challenging for a top 6 spot never mind a CL spot. So I'm not entirely convinced with the one position jump being hailed as an achievement either.

As far as season assessments go, there really isnt much to say that hasn't already been said. I think we played good football more often than not, but that obviously isnt enough to win games consistently. If our record (and I'm talking about 3rd most goals scored in the league, 4th least goals conceded, 13 draws) tells me anything, its that we have the players to get the job done and it's mostly about the manager preparing for games better and perhaps having a plan B when things arent going our way.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm wrote:

How has it been ignored ? It's been mentioned that we have moved up one place - one whole place after spending a considerable amount

why say it like that?
one whole place after spending a considerable amount

It's certainly better than dropping two whole places after spending a considerable amount of money like we did the previous season.

We're moving in the right direction and that's a good thing.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed May 22, 2013 12:43 am

why say it like that? 

Because he's a troll.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 am

Redman in wales » Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:

why say it like that?
one whole place after spending a considerable amount

It's certainly better than dropping two whole places after spending a considerable amount of money like we did the previous season.

We're moving in the right direction and that's a good thing.[/quote]

It is better than spending money and going back two places in the league

If we just want to look towards the league as an indicator towards improvement or digression then this season we have moved forward

But for me we have to look at the season as a whole including all competitions

Last season we were playing in two cups all the way through and it had an effect on the league but we won a trophy

This season we were out of the comps early and had minimal distractions but the league form still wasnt the best.

So overall for me we haven't moved forward much at all - more stood still at the moment
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 am

Kenny Kan » Wed May 22, 2013 12:43 am wrote:
why say it like that? 

Because he's a troll.

Valuable insightful input
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed May 22, 2013 9:35 am

Well I hate to state the obvious but cup comps are KO, lose and you're out. We don't get to the final of them EVERY year due to that very reason. Yes they were disappointing exits but it's best to look at the bigger picture and not solely attribute these down to a bad season.

And let's not forget this shall we, Dalglish was still sacked reaching two finals so the owners have left no doubt as to where Rodgers' priorities lie, like it or not.

No matter how 'valuable and insightful the input' it will ALWAYS be argued against rather than reaching a compromise, so for the fact, sometimes it's just better to call a spade a spade.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 am

Yes Kenny was sacked for not getting into the CL and only getting 8th in the prem after spending just under £80mil in the summer

BR spent £50mil over the season and didnt get into the CL and only reached 7th.

Will the owners follow the same expectations as last season or have they changed.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion