Crystal palace vs liverpool - Lets thrash them

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:41 pm

we can forget fourth now. when we were just a point behing everton people were bleating on about how everton would bottle it. however since then they've taken 7 points out of 9 and we've taken 4 out of 9.

the league form is quite simply a joke. we have lost TEN AWAY GAMES in the league. that's relegation form. to me it looked as if the players had one eye on wednesday night. the crazy thing is, i know we'll play ten times better on wednesday.

so frustrating.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:54 pm

Rafa went too far resting players.  He didn't have to rest Gerrard,Xabi and Igor. And why change formation?  Hopefully, he'll learn from this for next season.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby el_stinger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:55 pm

Gerrard was playing against Palace. Xabi picked up a couple of niggles, and Biscan, sh1t, dont know about that one
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:12 pm

Oh yes, good point, well made!
Our midfield was decimated.  I can't understand why he wouldn't play a 4-4-2, resting Xabi if necessary but keeping the back four in tact.

He seems to be going all out for a Champions League trophy.  I suppose this is a great opportunity, not to be trifled with, but we've got to be there next seaon too.

:down:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:42 pm

I thought Andy Johnson played well today - he showed the kind of attitude that was missing in the Liverpool team - he chased everything.

We where lucky, he could have scored more - beating Sami & Pele for speed.  Just showed how lacking in speed our defence is.  I wouldn't mind if he came to Anfield.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:08 pm

stmichael wrote:we can forget fourth now. when we were just a point behing everton people were bleating on about how everton would bottle it. however since then they've taken 7 points out of 9 and we've taken 4 out of 9.

the league form is quite simply a joke. we have lost TEN AWAY GAMES in the league. that's relegation form. to me it looked as if the players had one eye on wednesday night. the crazy thing is, i know we'll play ten times better on wednesday.

so frustrating.

its not over til its mathematically impossible not to get 4th, the good thing is, we've still got the champions league, its surreal but i think you cant fault rb for this season, semi finals of the champions league? i wouldnt of bet that before the season started, i think next season we'll be stronger, more signings less dead weights playing for the side
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:53 pm

StMichael our league form currently is 4th best in the country, won three games, drawn one and lost two in the last six. However that form is not good enough to take 4th place even though Everton have only taken  7 points from their last six.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:25 pm

[quote]
agree. was impressed with his speed, willingness to work/defend from the front and of scoring touches. the wingback formation did not work out, not just for this game. just wondering why the experimental formation at this crucial stage. our players are not tactically adaptable enough to pull it off, especially with the inclusion of a number of young players. even finnan and carragher look a little unsure at times, not to mention traore - everytime he moves forward, i cant help but wince.
lfclfclfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion