Coaching staff?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:19 am

If Rafa goes to Madrid, which is now a 50/50 possibility, what will happen to the coaching staff he bought over? Will they go off Benitez? Therefore leaving us in the :censored:!
48-1119859832

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:06 am

I don't think Rafa will go, but if he does it's a certainty that Paco and the rest will go with him. To be fair it's an equal certainty that whoever came in would bring their blokes in with them so it wouldn't necessarily leave us in it. Trouble is if he does jump ship it's really hard to think of a credible replacement. Heres hoping he stays. I think he will.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:28 pm

either I'm stupid (i get told daily that i am, but i refuse to believe this) or I am missing something. You reckon that its a 50% chance Rafa is leaving???

No friggin way, IMO.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:32 pm

My gut feeling is that he won't leave until he wins us the Premiership, unless that doesn't happen in the next, say, three years.

In the meantime, my other gut feeling is that we should stop giving this story publicity.  You know how these things snowball.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:02 pm

0asis wrote:If Rafa goes to Madrid, which is now a 50/50 possibility,

This statement just goes to show the kind of influence that the press, and in particular the tabloid (or gutter) have on the thinking of people these days.

The old addage that if you throw enough shi.t then eventually some will stick is clear here.

This member is now convinced that there is a good chance that Rafa will leave for Madrid just because of the number of times the story has appeared in the papers.

Scary.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:08 pm

Well cmon, people got to whine about something now that Stevie G didnt go to Chelsea
Geez now all we are going to get is, did you see the look on Rafa face, did you see his body language...etc etc etc vomit
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Rafa has previously claimed that when players play well this will draw the attention of bigger clubs, in other words this could be considered a compliment for a good performance. I believe the same goes for a manager who acchieves success. Who can blaim Real for wanting Rafa? They struggle both in La Liga and suffered a major blow when loosing the first match against Gooners at Bernabeu in the CL. Rafa wins the CL in his first season at Anfield, with minimal fundings compared to Real.. Off course they would want him, as he would "guarantee" glory at Bernabeu again.

I feel confident that Rafa will be going no where. I would advice them to make a phone call to Mr. Mourinho as I believe that is a man with the lojalty of weasel
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pablinho » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:02 pm

i think the next coach for madrid  may be  Del Bosque or mourinho, third option for me is get rafa back to his home . But i dont think Rafa leaves LFC but lot of ppl want him back
Last edited by pablinho on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Postby Sarge » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:17 pm

i think the sunderland gaffer will be the BEST candidate.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm

The reason why I say it's a 50/50 chance is because nothings written in stone. Rafa hasn't said an outright no to Madrid has he? And stranger things have happened n football. You say he won't go but you can't be so sure he won't.

Ever since I read that Perez has left his post at Madrid, it's put a niggling doubt in my mind that Benitez will stay 100%.
48-1119859832

Postby johnny b the great » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:05 pm

I don't think getting booed and accused of playing Moro cause he's from Spain or that he only favors Spanish players help. The problem most coaches Rafa included had was the revolving door at Madrid. With Perez gone i think he would consider it and probably take Xabi, Moro and Garcia with him with Ronaldo and Graveseen (spelling) going the other way.
johnny b the great

Postby taff » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:11 pm

johnny b the great wrote:I don't think getting booed and accused of playing Moro cause he's from Spain or that he only favors Spanish players help. The problem most coaches Rafa included had was the revolving door at Madrid. With Perez gone i think he would consider it and probably take Xabi, Moro and Garcia with him with Ronaldo and Graveseen (spelling) going the other way.

Might take Gerrard as well and Reina and possibly Carragher

Then agan it might be just another rumour from the Madrid soap opera
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnny b the great » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:23 pm

Really don't think Cara or Gerrard would leave, the spanish players probably would, however this is something to be taken seriously as Madrid will look for a credible hire and some stability after the Perez reign and Rafa has tremendous support in Spain. They want Xabi and he came to Pool because of Rafa so it should be taken seriously.
johnny b the great

Postby AlanHansen » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm

johnny b the great wrote:I don't think getting booed and accused of playing Moro cause he's from Spain or that he only favors Spanish players help. The problem most coaches Rafa included had was the revolving door at Madrid. With Perez gone i think he would consider it and probably take Xabi, Moro and Garcia with him with Ronaldo and Graveseen (spelling) going the other way.

Gravesen would come to anfield?   ???

I think it's far liklier that Sven will go to Real, esp with the beckham connection.
AlanHansen

Postby johnny b the great » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:41 pm

Yea i forgot about that option. I think Rafa would be more welcomed by the supporters.  i was just throwing stuff out about Gravesen though.
johnny b the great

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion