fight fight fight,

kick his a@rse ian   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 27, 2005 2:33 am

Its Men against Boys Peewee, men against boys.................... :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 27, 2005 2:34 am

Why put up a bigger fight when you ultimately know your wrong ?

You're not going to let this go are ya? :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri May 27, 2005 2:35 am

Dalglish wrote:Its Men against Boys Peewee, men against boys.................... :D

bring back the cane is what i say.  when i was young i respected my elders, all we had to eat was coal    :D
112-1077774096

Postby LFC #1 » Fri May 27, 2005 2:39 am

its a FIFA tournamnt, UEFA has nothing to do with it. ???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 27, 2005 2:40 am

Coal ? you was LUCKY , we had to eat gravel from bottom of the Cardboard Box we lived in at bottom of lake ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri May 27, 2005 7:05 am

Right... we had to get up at 10 o'clock at night, half an hour before we went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work 29 hours a day down mill AND pay mill owner for permission to work there and when we got home our father used to murder us in cold blood each night and dance about on our graves singing hallelujah.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 27, 2005 7:20 am

Monty Python and the World Club Cup. Not sure which is the bigger circus. I'm with Dalglish on this one (not necessarily for the same reasons) .

To travel to the other side of the world to play in a pointless match that is after all nothing more than an exhibition promoted by the footballing authorities is a total waste of our players time and energy. . Tell Fifa to "Fu'ck Off "    :kungfu:  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 27, 2005 7:55 am

The UEFA Super Cup match is in August in Monaco.

I know it's a meaningless match, but we have to play it anyway and I doubt CSKA will pose much of a problem. It's a trophy, we should just go for it and win it. We should tell UEFA to go f*ck themselves, but that's not going to happen.

The FIFA World Club Championship is only two games against less than impressive opposition. We should enter that and win it too. Besides, if we have new players in the squad by then, it's a good opportunity to let them settle in and it's good for team morale to win a trophy, whatever it may be.

Two relatively easy trophies, we gain respect by competing and winning the Super Cup despite our treatment by UEFA, and we if we play in Japan, it may expand our fanbase in Asia so from a financial point of view it's a good decision to take part.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Fri May 27, 2005 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedArmyMan_CSKA » Fri May 27, 2005 11:24 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I doubt CSKA will pose much of a problem

HA! You will be destroyed.
RedArmyMan_CSKA

Postby banana » Fri May 27, 2005 12:16 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:The UEFA Super Cup match is in August in Monaco.

I know it's a meaningless match, but we have to play it anyway and I doubt CSKA will pose much of a problem. It's a trophy, we should just go for it and win it. We should tell UEFA to go f*ck themselves, but that's not going to happen.

The FIFA World Club Championship is only two games against less than impressive opposition. We should enter that and win it too. Besides, if we have new players in the squad by then, it's a good opportunity to let them settle in and it's good for team morale to win a trophy, whatever it may be.

Two relatively easy trophies, we gain respect by competing and winning the Super Cup despite our treatment by UEFA, and we if we play in Japan, it may expand our fanbase in Asia so from a financial point of view it's a good decision to take part.

This is not true.

CSKA is a good team. And Abramovich is pumping cash into the club just like he is doing in Chelsea.

And I think you underestimate the opposition in Fifa world club championship. I remember last time when manchester were in it. It was maybe the best Man U team in the last 10 years, but still they got hammered 3-0 by Vasco Da Gama
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri May 27, 2005 12:23 pm

the South American team will be the only one that will cause a problem (they have some top quality sides there) if we send out anything close to a full squad.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri May 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Chance to win two trophies? Why not?

But anyways, both side would pose big threats. South American sides are always capable of technical abilities and will give us a big challenge. Where as CSKA Moscow, winners of UEFA Cup, would also similarly pose a big threat as after all, they did win the UEFA Cup, which is still a somewhat a commendable feat.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 27, 2005 9:38 pm

RedArmyMan_CSKA wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:I doubt CSKA will pose much of a problem

HA! You will be destroyed.

Take a hike.

Juventus,Chelsea and AC Milan supporters all said the same thing and we sent them home crying.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion