Cisse not for sale

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:24 pm

Rafa Benitez has ended the Cisse saga for now by dismissing reports of Cisse leaving in January. With Morientes unavailable in the next two games due to injury (expected to be fit by friday of next week), this is Cisse's chance to prove himself to the manager.

"They (Marseille) are always talking but they don't talk with us," said the Reds boss. "There is no news and we don't want to sell Djib.

"He is a very important player for us who has shown the kind of attitude I like in players. He's a good finisher and against Everton I knew his pace would give us options."

Benitez then refused to be drawn on further rumours about incoming transfers but on the subject of signing a new centre-back he added: "We have four or five options with regard to bringing a new centre back in. Signing players in the January transfer window is more difficult than the one in August but we are trying our hardest.

Cisse himself has also dismissed rumours again, who is disappointed in his brother for fueling speculation.

Cisse says: "There is no truth whatsoever in this story and I am really annoyed with my brother, who I have no contact with, for this. I cannot emphasise strongly enough how happy I am here at Liverpool.

"This is my club. I waited a long time to come here and I'm here to stay. The fans are amazing, my team-mates and manager are amazing, and it's just a fantastic club.

"I have had no contact with Marseille and the ongoing speculation about my future is boring. It has caused me a lot of problems but I won't let if affect me. My mind is focused only on doing my best for Liverpool. We have some tough games coming up and I am fully concentrated on them.

"To score in the derby was a special moment for me and one I will never forget. My confidence is high and I just want to continue playing well and scoring goals for this club. There is so much to look forward to here. We have a great team and we have a lot to play for in the second half of the season."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:26 pm

Great news as far as im concerned A.B

im glad hes staying and got faith he will do the business
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:28 pm

Glad to hear it. He gives us something different in our team that morientes and crouch don't have and that thing is pace. His attitude is bad but examples in the derby show what he is capable of. I've seen videos of him while he was at marseille and he payed very well there. With cisse I think we have someone who can bang in 20 goals a season if given the chance. He runs at defenders which they don't like and with his blistering pace will most likely beat the defender.

Good news if you ask me :)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:30 pm

This is his chance, people can't say now that he was never given a chance. I'm pleased for him because he loves the club and does not want to leave. I didn't think that Rafa would sell him/loan him out in January because of things like today, i.e. injuries.

He learned last year that you need as many players as possible, as many options as possible. He has one in Cisse and he isn't selling him.

Now that Rafa has dismissed the rumours perhaps Cisse will play with even more confidence knowing that the manager supports him
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:31 pm

We need to buy not sell so this is a good move, Just hope he starts scoring more goals like he did in the Derby
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:36 pm

A.B. wrote:This is his chance, people can't say now that he was never given a chance. I'm pleased for him because he loves the club and does not want to leave. I didn't think that Rafa would sell him/loan him out in January because of things like today, i.e. injuries.

He learned last year that you need as many players as possible, as many options as possible. He has one in Cisse and he isn't selling him.

Now that Rafa has dismissed the rumours perhaps Cisse will play with even more confidence knowing that the manager supports him

Great point A.B. He loves the club and fans at anfield certainly love him. He has the fans support every game, he is one of those players who thrives on confidence and the fans chanting his name. He loves that. I remember once he won a corner and everyone was chanting 'cisse cisse' and he lifted his arms wanting more.

Why would he want to leave? he said himself he's just got married and bought a nice house and he plays for Liverpool Football Club. He has got it made. He's a great character to have in the dressing room aswell and a funny guy e.g. dancing round the cup in istanbul. I saw him in Tesco's the other week and got his autograph and he looked very happy.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:24 pm

I'm glad to hear he's staying, I got a bit p1ssed off with him a few months ago cos of his attitude but lately it's improved and he also seems to have realised that if he is going to stay at the club he needs to play as a team player on the pitch and in a roatating squad :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:53 pm

Another good news from Liverpool ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby dward » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:03 pm

Brilliant news :)

this is cisse's chance to show what he can really do
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:07 pm

I was glad to read this when I went to the main site today, but to be honest i think Rafa should have came out with that statement when the rumours about Cisse leaving were flying around at the start of the season.
RedRoots

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:07 pm

yeah i was a bit dissapointed to read that story in the morning papers quoting his brother saying a deal is 90% done.
i think cisse is a good foil for our other strikers and is an important player, his one let down was his body language which to be fair as a frenchman he probably didnt understand what all the fuss was about, its in their culture to start waving their arms about and performing other elaborate gestures when things dont go your way, you only have to look at pires etc.
i think he realises now that in british culture you dont mope off the pitch or wave your arms about when a pass goes astray, you get your head down and chase after it and whats more, the more lost the cause you chase the more the fans will cheer you - a point morientes aluded to.
i think the penny`s finally dropped attitude wise because to be fair since rafa dropped him after the city game his attitude and workrate has been first class. i noticed in the derby he clapped a team mate who m :censored:ed up a cross as if to say - unl :censored:y, dont worry about it, there`s always a next time - this is not the player we saw early on in his liverpool career waving his arms about at every missplaced pass.
i`m made up he`s staying.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:19 pm

Im a big fan of his ability and im confident that he can become a high scorer for the club. These next two games are really important for him and the club as we can potentially create a gap of a few points between Utd should they lose or draw against the gunners.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:52 pm

There will be a Cisse interview on SSN at 7, Cisse and Rafa have been on SSN and Cisse is very annoyed at his brother for saying he is going to Marselle.
He said he loves the club, the fans, great manager, and Rafa said Cisse is going no where he's not getting sold he is staying.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:55 pm

SSN = sky sports news for those of you (me included for a bit lol) who didnt know

should be a good interview, will watch it at work
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:49 pm

ive never rated cisse and have always said he is no T. henry as many likened him, but i must admit that finish in our 3-1 win was absolute mint, if he does that sort of thing week in week out i will be happy. Even Henry would have been happy with that finish. he does seem to be improving, he just needs to keep his mouth shut when rafa leaves him out the squad.
oOShrimpyOo

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion