Cisse down the right. - Can it work on a permanent basis?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:41 pm

We don't want to play Garcia down the right... he has proven he is ineffective when played there as he gives the ball away too much.  I agree with Judge.. Garcia's best postion is just behind the forward/s.  Fowler is not going to be able to play a full 90 mins (not for 4 - 6 weeks anyway), anyone thinking he is is, is dillusional, so I would set the team out like this...

Reina
Finnan  Carra    Hypia    Risse
Gerrard  Alonso  Hamman/Sissoko  Kewell
         Garcia/Fowler   Crouch
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:08 am

Need to buy a right winger i reakon

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:17 am

flipmode wrote:Need to buy a right winger i reakon

ImageImageImage

we need a right winger?
damn thats good thinking.

but since we wont get one, stick cisse there and let him run
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:21 am

dawson99 wrote:
flipmode wrote:Need to buy a right winger i reakon

ImageImageImage

we need a right winger?
damn thats good thinking.

but since we wont get one, stick cisse there and let him run

I had to state the obvious, but yes stick him there anyway a while ago it was gonna be Pongolle

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:24 am

pongolle was never strong enough for 90 minutes week in week out. thats why hes gone on loan.

cisse, altho everyone hates him on here it seems, is the best choice (when stevie is in the middle)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:26 am

dawson99 wrote:pongolle was never strong enough for 90 minutes week in week out. thats why hes gone on loan.

cisse, altho everyone hates him on here it seems, is the best choice (when stevie is in the middle)

Your right, he should play there

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:44 am

cisse on the right....yes..along rafa and paco
darwisigila

Postby darwisigila » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:45 am

at liverpool bench
darwisigila

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:04 pm

bigmick wrote:Cisse eh? ................ we could make him into a right winger? .......

BigMick ,months ago I wrongly advocated the use of Cisse playing wide on the right , thinking his blistering pace would bring enourmous dividends in that role . Since then however Cisse has played wide on the right and his consistent failure to cross a decent ball allied to his apparent inability to run with the ball (as opposed to running onto one ) has convinced me that no way can the fella play effectively in that position.
Cisse's best position is an out and out target man playing in a somewhat similar fashion to Owen under Houllier .Sitting up high on the shoulder of the opponents defence ,waiting for a ball to be pumped over the top, I'm sure thats what Houllier had in mind when he signed Cisse .
Rafa's vision is different and Cisse just doesn't seem to have the ability or even desire to adapt to it .

:(
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:55 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Cisse's best position is an out and out target man playing in a somewhat similar fashion to Owen under Houllier .Sitting up high on the shoulder of the opponents defence ,waiting for a ball to be pumped over the top, I'm sure thats what Houllier had in mind when he signed Cisse .
Rafa's vision is different and Cisse just doesn't seem to have the ability or even desire to adapt to it .

:(

That pretty much sums it up Woof although i wonder how GH was figuring to play Owen and Cisse togother in the same team. It would have been interesting. I really don't see the boss giving Cisse a great deal of playing time out on the right and imagine Stevie will keep doing the job for most of the season with Garcia getting the odd game here and there.

I agree it's an optimistic thread and just maybe, if Cisse was willing to undergo a complete makeover he could learn a new position and have some success. But his track record in France playing up-front and ego will prevent that from ever happening. Despite the criticism he recieved, Diouff did a fair job on the right at times for us and John is right when he says Diouff had/has an excellent 1st touch. Unfortunately Diouff couldn't shoot, couldn't cross and wasn't particularly quick. Cisse (as we all know) has two concrete feet and it's unlikely his first touch will get much better than it currently is.

I agree we are all hoping Cisse can play a blinder at the World Cup a sit's the only way we're gonna get more than 5mill for him. I'm still completely baffled as to why Rafa didn't send Cisse on loan to Marseilles and keep Pongo who is the better player despite not reaching anywhere near his full potential. I can only imagine that Cisse does good things in training and rafa lives in the hope that he might one day be able to produce the same on matchday.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion