Cisse down the right. - Can it work on a permanent basis?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:42 am

All he has to do is just be basic by just practicing how to cross the ball & control his pace that’s all.   :D
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:44 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:It's seems that most of you all HATE Cisse. I think if he score that GOAL ( vs Man C*nt ), it's will be different . Remember that he score more than Nando and PC . So please forgive him.

I like him rather than Nando. He's (Nando) from bad to worst. Remember that when vs Man C*ut, it took more than 15 min for him to have the first touch of the ball. That's really bad ..

Actually Cisse's record in the prem is worse than Crouch's he has scored 4 goals in 22 appearences.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:44 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:It's seems that most of you all HATE Cisse. I think if he score that GOAL ( vs Man C*nt ), it's will be different . Remember that he score more than Nando and PC . So please forgive him.

I like him rather than Nando. He's (Nando) from bad to worst. Remember that when vs Man C*ut, it took more than 15 min for him to have the first touch of the ball. That's really bad ..

The reason for this is because of his 14m price tag.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:47 am

Ciggy wrote:

Actually Cisse's record in the prem is worse than Crouch's he has scored 4 goals in 22 appearences.

I see that you have changed your signature.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby Puddy Heskey » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:50 am

Sure isnt he a lord now.And heaven forbid lord sissy might have to work hard to get on at liverpool.He seems to love it when he scores and celebrates like crazy but he just doesnt seem to bothered on having to work for a goal and expects the ball to be put in his lap every time.
Puddy Heskey

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:21 pm

Mick i think you know you're way off the mark here.

Cisse isn't a footballer, you know that yourself, the lack of basic control, the lack of ability to stay onside, time runs, create space and see obvious passes. He's really quick and can kick a ball hard, thats about it. People say about his crosses, yes once or twice he's whipped in a sweet cross or flashed one across the face of the goal, but surely we should expect more than that from a player? Simply being able to run fast and put a few good crosses in isn't enough?

Cisse contributes very little to an alround performance. Yes he can score a few goals, he MAY even get 20 a season starting every week and he'll set the odd goal up with his pace and crossing. But his ability to keep the ball, control the ball etc is lacking immensely.

He wouldn't be involved in a crips passing move with plenty of touches which leads to a great team goal, he wouldn't start a move such as this either or be the main player in a move such as this. If Cisse doesn't score a goal, then he does very very little. To me thats not acceptable. He doesn't work hard every match either. If he scored goals and closed down as much as Crouch, didn't whinge and just got in with things he'd be halfway to being a legend already. The fact is, he seriously lacks the attitude/work ethic.

Luis Garcia isn't the best passer, infact he's distinctly average, but he works his balls off and contributes in other ways with clever movement and goals. Sissoko can't pass to save his life, but contributes in other ways.

Cisse only ever contributes the odd goal. When he misses sitters, his role can't be defended because of what he does not give to the side. Crouch can always be defended because 8 out of 10 games he plays well, keeps the ball and causes problems. Morientes contributes in play the same as Cisse does with goals, not enough, at least Fernando puts the effort in though. I never wanted Morientes here in the first place, I wanted Anelka, but one thing about Morientes you can't critisise is his attitude.
115-1073096938

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:34 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Mick i think you know you're way off the mark here.

Listen nobody's got to tell me the bloke is sh!te, I'm well aware of the fact. I actually alluded to the distinct possibility that we had wasted our money after about three appearances in my "I know its early but......." at the beginning of last season.
Thing is though stu, what do we do with the bloke? We aint Chelsea, we can't afford to just not play him then sell him in the summer for 3-4 million. We can't afford to wave ta-ra to 10 million quid if we can avoid it.
My idea (and it's no more than a thought) is play him down the right on a permanent basis if we can get inside the thick feckers head and convince him that he ain't ever going to cut it as a striker. If, and it's a big if, he can up his workrate and teamplay by about 500% then he may be able to make the position his own given that we haven't got any other right-siders. I know 500% improvement sounds like a lot but when you consider that at the moment he does absolutely nothing whatsoever for the team then maybe I'm understating the improvement required.
Incidently, I think those who are saying we should play Garcia there (the right side) are wrong. I think it's time to play Garcia centrally off Crouch, with Fowler as a bench replacement. After the performance against Portsmouth I have given up totally on Morientes and Cisse. If Garcia/Fowler can occasionally hold the ball up, win the odd throw in here and ther and just generally influence the game by 1% then it will be a vast improvement on those two.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:35 pm

sissoko can surely tackle............i love him
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:41 pm

bigmick wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Mick i think you know you're way off the mark here.

Listen nobody's got to tell me the bloke is sh!te, I'm well aware of the fact. I actually alluded to the distinct possibility that we had wasted our money after about three appearances in my "I know its early but......." at the beginning of last season.
Thing is though stu, what do we do with the bloke? We aint Chelsea, we can't afford to just not play him then sell him in the summer for 3-4 million. We can't afford to wave ta-ra to 10 million quid if we can avoid it.
My idea (and it's no more than a thought) is play him down the right on a permanent basis if we can get inside the thick feckers head and convince him that he ain't ever going to cut it as a striker. If, and it's a big if, he can up his workrate and teamplay by about 500% then he may be able to make the position his own given that we haven't got any other right-siders. I know 500% improvement sounds like a lot but when you consider that at the moment he does absolutely nothing whatsoever for the team then maybe I'm understating the improvement required.
Incidently, I think those who are saying we should play Garcia there (the right side) are wrong. I think it's time to play Garcia centrally off Crouch, with Fowler as a bench replacement. After the performance against Portsmouth I have given up totally on Morientes and Cisse. If Garcia/Fowler can occasionally hold the ball up, win the odd throw in here and ther and just generally influence the game by 1% then it will be a vast improvement on those two.

For me at present our best team...

Crouch      Fowler
Kewell    Alonso      Gerrard    Luis Garcia
Riise       Hyypia    Carragher  Finnan
                   Reina

I think once we sign a classy right winger we'll have a hell of a squad aswell as a hell of a first team. Since we signed Robbie i actually feel we now have a squad that can score against anyone, whereas earlier in the season i struggled to see where goal would come from against the better sides.

I think the only way Cisse will increase his value from the 5million or so we could probably get is in the world cup. I'm praying he has a "Baros style" tournement so we can maybe pick up 7million for the lad.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:43 pm

stu, everyone knows that garcias best position is playing off the striker down the middle
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:44 pm

from what you saw last night mick, can you see where all the hype about spurs is coming from this season?  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:46 pm

stmichael wrote:from what you saw last night mick, can you see where all the hype about spurs is coming from this season?  ???

stmike......you can see ?? what hype
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:56 pm

Judge wrote:stu, everyone knows that garcias best position is playing off the striker down the middle

Everyone knows you talk rubbish and don't rate the lad anyway so shut up and stick to general chat. :D  :;):  :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:04 pm

I've only had time to read bigmick and the first 2 pages sorry.

I think he could, but then I don't think he has the tackling ability that S Gerrards has. It's not only about he want to defend, it's about he KNOWS defending.

We could afford him on the right if we weren't playing Kewell on the left. But having two wingers with no defending abilities would make the team lose balance.

Besides If I wanted to put Gerrard back in the middle, I'd pick LG first for the right, he's not a winger neither, but with Finnan as a fullback he can afford moving between lines and scoring goals and making harm as we are used to.

So yes we might, no we shoudn't, is my opinion.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:06 pm

stmichael wrote:from what you saw last night mick, can you see where all the hype about spurs is coming from this season?  ???

I thought they were poor TBH Mike in a game that was there for the winning. Having said that, Fulham have a habit of bringing everyone down to their level at Craven Cottage as they showed against us.
The Spurs fans were out in force and really really loud, constantly singing about how much they love Martin Jol (though they are as fickle as they come as we all know) and they clearly think they are going places. I don't know really. The team and squad looks very good on paper but probably due in no small part to Jols reluctance to use Defoe right now, they look a bit toothless up top. That Raziak bloke was about as bad as anything I've ever seen in a top-half team and I just can't understand the Defoe situation at all.
The centre-halves are a very good pairing and the young kid lennon looks handy down the left.
I think they'll get fourth ahead of Arsenal TBH Mick, if only because the gooners are going through a transitional period/completely fecked whichever way you look at it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion