CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS BENFICA - the biggest match of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigxchris » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 pm

dward wrote:ANOUNCEMENT!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE BENFICA FANS WHO COME HERE TO WIND UP!

Very true, still got the gooners to cheer on in the cup.  One of the few english teams I dont mind cheering on.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 pm

Final whistle. All over. Very disappointing that we went out with such a whimper. Benfica have been alright at the back in both legs, but nothing that should have shut us out for 180 mins.

The strikers now have the rest of the Prem campaign and the FA Cup fixtures to get their eye in. Crouch, Morientes and Cisse were poor tonight. Fowler scored with one of his few touches, not that it counted.

Walk on, guys. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 pm

I  personally think Arsenal are repeating our season last year........5th place and winning this
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:40 pm

drummerphil wrote:I  personally think Arsenal are repeating our season last year........5th place and winning this

De-Ja Vu.
bigxchris

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:40 pm

its happened..gutted, but lets forget about it now..still an FA cup to win and 2nd spot, i suppose thats a consolation...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Homebooby » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:40 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
Homebooby wrote:my word, Cisse is truly a useless b@st@rd isn't he   :D

Not as useless as that @$$hole Traore - evertime he plays we conceed goals!  We should have played Mavis the tealady, before that waste of space.  Why the F@@k did Rafa give him a new contract?

no idea
Homebooby

Postby bigxchris » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:41 pm

Still champs league footy next season, plus we have 5 big eared :censored: sat in Anfield.
bigxchris

Postby Gareth G » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:42 pm

We deserved f*ck all tonight, the sooner we see the back of Morientes the better.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:42 pm

bigxchris wrote:
drummerphil wrote:I  personally think Arsenal are repeating our season last year........5th place and winning this

De-Ja Vu.

yep, i was thinking that. And we've took the form of juventus, chelsea last year with benfica taking our role as the underdogs..exactly the same. HIstory does seem to repeat itself a lot these days
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Mikz » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:42 pm

I just cant remember EVER being so frustated with the team...the whole team looked jaded and lacklustre but especially up front -absolutely woeful. Crouch missed probably our best chance but at least he gave his all. As for Morientes and Cisse  :no  Add to this a fcuking pathetic referee who seemed to have the knack for awarding freekicks the wrong way, not just for us -for Benfica as well.
Fair play to Benfica, theyre a better team than anyone thought and they were the better side out there, (just ticking over )but we really should have seen them off.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 pm

off out for a walk now. Been a long working day and haven't moved further than my house to car, car to work, work to car and car to house.

Reds forever
Homebooby

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 pm

its strange but im not that disappointed, maybe it hasnt sunk in yet. We need to fully concentrate on our domestic season now...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby joependo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 pm

well good luck benfica but come on you gunners
joependo

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 pm

the_red_alonso wrote:Next season I tell u if benfica play us they will get a 5-0 drubbung.
But hats off Benfica..well done.Perhaps Rafa should hav given Benfica the money for simao

As long as Rafa buys a quality striker (or 2).
I've been very disappointed this year with our strikers - Cisse, Nando and Crouch has all proved useless within the 6 yard box.  We are creating the chances, our defence is strong (when Traore stays at home and watch the match on TV), our midfield is creating the chances, we just need quality at the point of the attack.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:44 pm

:censored: poor really. If we had a striker the quality of Henry, Ronaldo, Eto'o etc we woudl have been at least 2 up at half time. Alosno and Stevie were immense in midfield, it's just that we can't score goals. Garcia was awful, Crouch was unlucky by hitting the post twice, Cisse was woeful whwn he came on. Morientes had some good touches early, in fact he looked quite good fisrst half but he faded. Rafa took too long to bring Robbie on IMO.

Cisse, Traore and perhaps Morientes all need to be sold at the end of the season IMO. Not a knee-jerk reaction either, Cisse and Traore have been rubbish for a long time.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion