Man ure v champions of europe

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:41 am

I haven't viewed the forum since the game yesterday as I needed to calm down, I have to say I really am dissapointed as all on here are, I felt before the game that with a midfield of O Shea, Giggs, Fletcher and Richardson vs Kewell, Gerrard, Sissoko and Alonso that we would boss it easily but it was so ???

One thing that needs to be addressed was the positioning of Jan Kromkamp for the goal, I don't think the lad knows the zonal system of Benitez yet and got in the was of Alonso getting to the ball which resulted in 'coke head' getting his header in :angry:

Oh well 2 games in hand and another positive performance :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:00 am

This is my first post since the injustice that was the United game yesterday, been too angry to speak about it since then.

Now that I've calmed down though I am not feeling that angry about the match.  We went to Old Trafford, controlled the play for most of the game, had the better possession (first time that's happened there in over 15 years) and created the better chances.  We were the better team, but to quote a certain Chelsea manager, 'sometimes the best team loses'.

Their goal was a great header, Reina had no chance and the way Ferdinand bent his run to the ball made it difficult for our players to defend against, no one was at fault for the goal.  Indirectly though, Finnan was foolish to give away the initial free kick, but how can you make a scapegoat out of a guy who has been so consistent over the past year?  You can't.

Our problem was  no cutting edge up front, a blind man could see that.  And once Crouch was taken off we didn't look like we had a goal in us, the ball no longer stuck up front and the midfield couldn't get far enough forward.  If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, Cisse is awful.  Apart from his glaring miss (which he missed because he was too busy lying on the ground pretending to be hurt until the ball came to him), his workrate was shocking and his movement non-existent.  The guy has no football intelligence at all.  Benitez will surely get rid of him before next season.

The unbeaten run had to end some time, just a shame it was against them.  However when you look at the bigger picture, yesterday was more important than just the result.  We showed we were the better side overall, and although they had the good fortune yesterday, luck evens itself out over the season and I'd bet my house on us finishing above them now.  United always raise their game for these matches, but they'll probably go out and lose to an average team next time out.  The balance of power has shifted and they know it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:08 am

I disagree that our midfield looked off form, to me the stray passes were inevitable. Manures tactics we're all out defense most times, we did well to create the chances we did and thanks to Cisse managed to ©ock up all his opportunities.

He was shocking from kick off, for the first time I hope Rafa gets rid in the summer and buys some quality.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:23 am

Good post John and you've called it about the same as me. I can't agree with the various lads on here who have slagged us off, I thought we looked much the better team throughout, with more controlled posession and organisation. Infact I thought we made them look very ordinary indeed.
It's not often I agree with Andy Gray, firsty because he is laughably biased against us and secondly because I think he lacks knowledge (how predictable was it that he should slag the zonal defence system because we conceded from a set-piece? Has he seen our defensive record?) but when he said that if we had Manure's front two we would really challenge chelsea he was spot on.
Defensively and in midfield we are spot on but up top we are limited. Crouch is a good player but is crying out for a strike partner in my view, Cisse is palpably rubbish and I remain convinced as I have from the very early days that Morientes is well past his brilliant best.
I personally wouldn't advocate a panic "Christian Vierri" short term signing. When fit I would start with Luis Garcia up alongside Crouch on a regular basis with Pongolle from the bench. In the meantime, if we aren't going to sign Defoe (and for about 10 million I probably would) then we can scout Europe to find the right fella. Truly, if we had an Henri or an Eto or dare I say it a Crespo (I still think he's a fantastic player) in our team we would be a frightening outfit. I know that quality of player is not easy to find at the right price but thats what we need to go to the next level IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Puddy Heskey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:35 am

Injustice,robbery,thievery.I need a thesauras.I want more words for that match.Still angry.We did not deserve nothing.but weve been in worse situation and we will climb above this one.Was amazed at how much we missed crouch when he went off.Hey maybe we need a striker in this transfer window.
Puddy Heskey

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:00 pm

If you'll excuse me this is the first I've truly been able to vent my anger:

What a joke!!! ALREADY THE REF WAS A CONTROVERSIAL CHOICE WHICH HE QUICKLY PROVED TO BE A JOKE!!!! RICHARDSON SHOULD HAVE BEEN RED-CARDED FOR HIS CHALLENGE AND RESPONSE TO SISSOKO!!! A YELLOW FOR THE TACKLE AND A YELLOW FOR THE PUSH AFTERWARDS EQUALS A STRAIGHT RED CARD!!! BUT NO HE GIVES BATTY-BOY KIERAN A YELLOW AND SISSOKO A YELLOW EVEN THOUGH MOMO VISIBLY RESTRAINED HIMSELF!!! THEN CISSE GOES AND BLOWS A POINT BLANK SHOT THAT EVEN KANU COULD PUT AWAY. ALSO WHAT WAS THAT WHITE STUFF FROM SISSOKOS FACE DOWN HIS CHEST BEFORE HE GOT SUBBED? HE LOOKED LIKE MARK BOSNICH ON AN AVERAGE FRIDAY NIGHT!!! THEN THAT OTHER LAZY (SVEN'S WORD), COKED-UP (MY WORDS) DEFENDER GOES AND GETS LUCKY IN THE 90TH MINUTE!!! WTF!?!? ALSO CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM TO ME AS TO WHETHER COKED-UP RIO AND PRISON-CATCHER WES BROWN DO EACH OTHERS HAIR THE BATHTUB TOGETHER BEFORE A GAME?!?!

I thankyou for your patience. Have a pleasant day.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:02 pm

Cisse was an embarassment last night.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Where is Hamann?

I think we would have been a hell of alot more stable last night if he had played instead of Sissoko.  Not putting down Sissoko but his inexperience in big game shon through last night, going in too hard losing silly passes etc. Hamanns cool head and calm passing would have made life up front a little easier whilst giving Steveie G room to play.

Just my 2.5 cents.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:14 pm

MudFace wrote:wot we lacked was a striker(baros?) to finish off the game.

Your solution to our problem in front of goal is Milan Baros who scored 13 goals in 44 games and missed many similar chances like Cisse has this season?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:12 am

:( crazy posts sometimes.. perspectives lost yet again.. am I in a geordie forum by mistake ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:43 pm

I would like to see Sinama-Pongolle given a bigger role. I think he's ready to step up.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby caz66 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:54 pm

A very happy Manc here....
caz66

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion