Champions league tickets - Allocation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 am

Rick Parry

"We're conscious people want to make arrangements and what we can say at the moment, having analysed all the figures, is that supporters who purchased tickets for seven Champions League games (not including qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa) and had their purchases recorded on their fan cards, are guaranteed to get a ticket for the Final.

"However, due to the numbers involved, fans who purchased tickets for six Champions League matches home or away (not including qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa) or a combination of both and had their purchases recorded on their fan cards will have to be entered into a ballot for Final tickets. Season Ticket holders, members of the Auto Cup Scheme and fan-card holders will all have the same chance. None of these groups are being given priority."

basically people who have been to six games will go into a draw with people who never went to any games    ???

not very fair really
112-1077774096

Postby supersub » Sat May 05, 2007 10:36 am

Its a :censored: disgrace...been to every home game in every cup competition and because I never went to one away european tie I get kicked in the goolies by Liverpool FC,but it's not their fault it's UEFA says Parry.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby daxy1 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:54 am

:censored: :censored: how :censored: dare they :censored:

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Sat May 05, 2007 11:11 am

Whats wrong with this?!?

:D  Not a happy bunny.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:13 am

sorry rafa, didnt see that   :D
112-1077774096

Postby ste123lfc » Sat May 05, 2007 11:31 am

The way I read the announcment with regard to six games is whether you have a season ticket, fan card or part of the cup scheme you still have to have six games registered on your season ticket or fan card to be eligable for the ballot. The way they do it for all the other games is season tickets with the correct amount of games on their fan card go first then followed by fan card holders only.
I have a fan card only and have all six euro games on my card so i stand as much chance of getting a ticket in the ballot as a season ticket holder with six games on their fan card. This way it stops season ticket holders who only go to league games applying for tickets for the final when they have not gone to any previous euro games. By the way I have also been to 90% of the league games this season before anyone thinks I am just looking out for myself.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Sat May 05, 2007 11:35 am

ste123lfc wrote:The way I read the announcment with regard to six games is whether you have a season ticket, fan card or part of the cup scheme you still have to have six games registered on your season ticket or fan card to be eligable for the ballot. The way they do it for all the other games is season tickets with the correct amount of games on their fan card go first then followed by fan card holders only.
I have a fan card only and have all six euro games on my card so i stand as much chance of getting a ticket in the ballot as a season ticket holder with six games on their fan card. This way it stops season ticket holders who only go to league games applying for tickets for the final when they have not gone to any previous euro games. By the way I have also been to 90% of the league games this season before anyone thinks I am just looking out for myself.

Thats correct but the ticket office reckon there is about 35 ,000 people in this ballot so you got about a 1 in 2 chance of being successful    :down:
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sat May 05, 2007 11:43 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:The way I read the announcment with regard to six games is whether you have a season ticket, fan card or part of the cup scheme you still have to have six games registered on your season ticket or fan card to be eligable for the ballot. The way they do it for all the other games is season tickets with the correct amount of games on their fan card go first then followed by fan card holders only.

Thats correct but the ticket office reckon there is about 35 ,000 people in this ballot so you got about a 1 in 2 chance of being successful    :down:

Yeh I know but fingers crossed, never won anything in my life but you got to start somewhere. I blame uefa for giving out so many corporate tickets knowing full well they will end up in the hyands of touts.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat May 05, 2007 11:53 am

This farce will continue until the G14 group stipulate they will not tolerate their fans suffering.One criteria of hosting the final should be the stadium can accomodate over 80,000.If this means only a few venues are capable then so be it.We need the big clubs to destroy the power of the shi.tty little parasites and vermin that infestate UEFA or we will be up shi.t creek everytime.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:57 am

its a sh!t stadium anyway for those who dont get tickets. 17500 fans from each club then 25k tickets to sponsorship. frick em...

the pubs of liverpool will be heaving

To those who get a ticket: its gonna be fantastic!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sat May 05, 2007 12:55 pm

they said there is a park with a massive screen outside the stadium for those who dont get tickets

uefa= :censored:

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 114-1178366551 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi,

I'm an fc barcelona supporter. Since you defeated us we won't be in the final .

I have 2 UEFA Champions league final tickets (CAT 2, very good tickets).

If anybody is interested mail me rancfer@gmail.com
114-1178366551

Postby Rafa D » Sat May 05, 2007 1:11 pm

rancfer wrote:Hi,

I'm an fc barcelona supporter. Since you defeated us we won't be in the final .

I have 2 UEFA Champions league final tickets (CAT 2, very good tickets).

If anybody is interested mail me rancfer@gmail.com

Well I am glad we knocked you out.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat May 05, 2007 3:40 pm

It's a fuckin disgrace.

Me and my dad have had season tickets for years. Before we had them, my nan and grandad had them, they've been going since the 50's and before.

My family has given LFC thousands of pounds for centuries and it's shocking that ST holders have not been given priority.

If they go to an away and all the homes, then the fan card holder would get one ahead of a ST holder (like me) that went to just the home games, fair enough.

But to put everyone who's been to 6, both FC holders and ST holders is a disgrace.

It doesn't really cater for families either because if you have 2 season tickets and have 6 credits on both, then there is a chance you will end up with one ticket.

So some glory hunter who has got a fancard this season and been to the Home champions league games and probably been to their first game in August has a chance of getting a ticket before me?

I've been to every home cup game and got the credits on my fan card since the fancard system began.

I agree with a bloke on another forum who said:

They should also look at the fan card history for the last 3 years.

If you get through the ballot they should check your previous history and rate it accordingly.

The more credits you've got from previous seasons the higher up the list you should be.

I'm sure in this modern technology era they could quite easily sort all the ordering history in order with a couple of clicks. But then again it is our ticket office systems we're talking about 

It would be a fairer way to reward loyalty and an easy way to organise the ballot.

That would be a mich better way of doing it.

I also agree with this bloke:

I booked as there is no way I'm missing a European Cup Final, no way on this earth.

I'll be in that ground one way or another, but I also thought that being a ST holder having been to every home game I would be pretty much guarenteed a ticket, as everyone was in Istanbul when we only had 3,000 more tickets to go around. That sale went down to 5 credits!

Why include the qualifier in 2005 and not this year?

Why sell to ST holders first, then FC holders next in every round but just change it for the final? A policy the club has used since I can remember changes for the European :censored: Cup Final!!!!

They're taking the :censored: out of ST holders as they know we won't give them up. Years ago before the invasion of glory hunting wools, a ST gave the club money upfront and they weren't needed, you could pay on the gate every week like I used to.

I'm still fucking seething.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat May 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Why the FU.CK ARE YOU SEETHING?!?!

It may not be the case with you but season ticket holders have had it easy for fu.cking years.

This cup scheme WAS brought out for lazy season ticket holders who could not be arsed going down to the ground to queue, and left FAN CARD HOLDERS LIKE ME FU.CKED.

Every fu.cking season ticket holder ticked it and a lot I KNOW just sold the ticket on.

The season ticket holders have done this to themselves and royally fu.cked up the ballot.

This idea is the only fair way of doing it now because THAT auto ticket scheme SHOULD NEVER OF BEEN INTRODUCED.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion