Champions league tickets - Allocation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat May 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Why the FU.CK ARE YOU SEETHING?!?!

It may not be the case with you but season ticket holders have had it easy for fu.cking years.

This cup scheme WAS brought out for lazy season ticket holders who could not be arsed going down to the ground to queue, and left FAN CARD HOLDERS LIKE ME FU.CKED.

Every fu.cking season ticket holder ticked it and a lot I KNOW just sold the ticket on.

The season ticket holders have done this to themselves and royally fu.cked up the ballot.

This idea is the only fair way of doing it now because THAT auto ticket scheme SHOULD NEVER OF BEEN INTRODUCED.

I'm seething because I'm one of the honest lads who went to the games he paid for and I might not get one because either some bloke who's sold all his tickets and just wants to go the final will get one or some bloke who's gone to his first game in August might get one ahead of me.

I just can't see the loyalty in that.

It just annoys me that it's been one way all the way through the competition and then they decide to change it for the final.

I've got no problem with people like you getting a ticket though because I know you'd have a seasie if you could and you go the match as much as possible.

I know it is only fair like but I can't help but think they've gone about it in the wrong way.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat May 05, 2007 4:09 pm

The whole mess has been made by Liverpool Football Club introducing this auto ticket scheme. Think of all the season ticket holders you know who didn't go the Champions League games BEFORE this season? I bet its a high number.

This auto-ticket scheme has made it ridiculous easy for season ticket holders and has fu.cked the regular match going fan card holders in the bum. The Kop has been selling out in a hour because of this.

They had toi do this cause the season ticket holders would of took all the tickets and even then some st holders wouldnt get one.

The club fu.cked up mate, I saw this coming at the start of the season.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 111-1178279175 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:15 pm

hi guys i have two tickets final champions league LIVERPOOL-MILAN, tickets have been bought UEFA and ar cat 2.If you want to send me tons of abuse because I am a sh.itty little parasite then feel free.

if you are interesad contac me OROME111@HOTMAIL.COM

best regards.
Last edited by supersub on Sun May 06, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
111-1178279175

Postby peterc1992 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:23 pm

I know a few friends who played in a tournament yesterday.The winner of it,got tickets for the whole team to go to Athens for the final,they lost in the final,thats not the points.The point is that Tickets are being given away for free like this to some fans that are Probably mopstly Man utd fans.Obviously the Liverpool fans would be happy but some people will go for the sake of a European final and wont cheer anyone on.

Thats only one competition i know about,theres probably loads and the real fans that want to go can't because some manc's/Arsenal/Chelsea fans get tickets for free.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 05, 2007 10:02 pm

bottom line is: too few tickets for liverpool & milan, far too many tickets for sponsors and other assorted hangers on who, as supersub rightly points out, will unsurprisingly all end up in the hands of the touts. uefa are run like a third world banana republic.  complete c*nts.
Last edited by Woollyback on Sat May 05, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 06, 2007 12:47 am

Its unbelievable !

Since the introduction of the automatic ticket allocation was introduced this was ineviatable. There will be some fans who automatically received their CL Home game tkts and possibly passed them around at work , pub etc....and now find themselves with a ticket for a final in which they not want to go and have not made any effort to acquire !

Wouldn't it have been wise of LFC to ASK fancard holders if they are planning to go then at least the fans who eventually receive tkts will have made their intentions clear before a ballot was deemed necessary ? 

I wonder what Rik Parry would say to myself and my best mate who have 2 Season tickets, have been to ALL 19 AWAY games in the Premiership for the last 2 seaons and have been to 6 CL games.

He may ask , Why haven't we been away in Europe the club ask ? What a  feckin cheek !  Have we not spent enough Mr Parry ?

Its alright Fan Card holders saying at least they get an equal chance but you have to define equality and in any organisation those who support the club through Seaosn tickets, away games etc ........ should have priority . Thats the nature of business to lok after your greatest investors.

Also, to avoid being absolutely fleeced by the Airplane companies many fans have already booked their flights paying premimun prices for airplane tickets which are non refundable. To expect them to travel without a ticket in the hope of touting one out there is tantamount to an abdication of responsibility on LFC's part.

Its a hopeless situation for me persoanlly. if I write to the club and tell them where to shove their Seaosn Ticklet they will simply allocate it to the next in the long line of fans waiting for season tickets. If I cancel my flight I've lost £479, If I fly out without a ticklet I'm looking at paying a fortune for one off a tout.

Another nail in the coffin for the beautiful game ...and I thought we did things differently at Liverpool Football Club ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun May 06, 2007 12:51 am

Dalglish wrote:Its unbelievable !

Since the introduction of the automatic ticket allocation was introduced this was ineviatable. There will be some fans who automatically received their CL Home game tkts and possibly passed them around at work , pub etc....and now find themselves with a ticket for a final in which they not want to go and have not made any effort to acquire !

Wouldn't it have been wise of LFC to ASK fancard holders if they are planning to go then at least the fans who eventually receive tkts will have made their intentions clear before a ballot was deemed necessary ? 

I wonder what Rik Parry would say to myself and my best mate who have 2 Season tickets, have been to ALL 19 AWAY games in the Premiership for the last 2 seaons and have been to 6 CL games.

He may ask , Why haven't we been away in Europe the club ask ? What a  feckin cheek !  Have we not spent enough Mr Parry ?

Its alright Fan Card holders saying at least they get an equal chance but you have to define equality and in any organisation those who support the club through Seaosn tickets, away games etc ........ should have priority . Thats the nature of business to lok after your greatest investors.

Also, to avoid being absolutely fleeced by the Airplane companies many fans have already booked their flights paying premimun prices for airplane tickets which are non refundable. To expect them to travel without a ticket in the hope of touting one out there is tantamount to an abdication of responsibility on LFC's part.

Its a hopeless situation for me persoanlly. if I write to the club and tell them where to shove their Seaosn Ticklet they will simply allocate it to the next in the long line of fans waiting for season tickets. If I cancel my flight I've lost £479, If I fly out without a ticklet I'm looking at paying a fortune for one off a tout.

Another nail in the coffin for the beautiful game ...and I thought we did things differently at Liverpool Football Club ! ???

:bowdown
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Sun May 06, 2007 8:27 am

I robbed this off timmit who occasionally posts on here, he posted it on my work forum:

Myself and Steve did have this discussion in September and we both agreed.

With the club having this loyalty system in place that is based on each competition separately, the auto cup scheme has taken us back 5-10 years.

In the past, all tickets for finals went to season ticket holders first. Your regular non-season ticket holder could get to all league games and all cup games but would miss out to an ST holder who hadnt been to ANY cup games at all. The idea behind the fan card and loyalty scheme rewarded these people who didnt have a season ticket. Basically, each competition is taken separately and tickets for later rounds is based on attendance at previous games in the same competition

Previously, for the first game of a competition (e.g first home game in FA Cup) the ticket would go on sale to ST holders then the balance to fancard holders. For the next round, priority would go to STs who had been to the first game, then Non STs who had been to the first game. This meant that a non ST holder would get in the queue before a ST holder who HADNT been to the first game, but AFTER a ST who HAD been to the first game. This has worked well for a few seasons now and all fans had got used to the fact that if you wanted a ticket for the later stages, then you had to go to the early rounds to build up the loyalty rather than thinking "Rochdale at home, I dont fancy that" Season ticket holders had to then make a bit of effort to queue up/ phone or send a postal application in for early cup round tickets.

The club then decided (for this season) to launch an automatic cup ticket scheme for STs only. The idea being that if you tick a box, you automatically get sent out a ticket for every cup game at home. The idea seems excellent at first viewing but it has sounded a death knell for non season ticket holders. What has happened, is that a lot of ST holders who have missed out in the last few years for big final tickets (because they couldnt be arsed to go to the previous games) thought "I'm not missing out again!" and so a huge amount ticked the box to get tickets sent out automatically. This is more so for Champions league games. They knew that if they ticked that box, they could pick and choose the games they wanted as they would easily be able to sell their ticket on to sombody who was desperate to see a European game, whilst building up loyalty for the final.

Both myself and Steve have benefitted from this ourselves this season, using friends season tickets in the auto cup scheme. The upshot of all this is that ST holders have now become like a ticket agency, buying tickets and selling on the ones that they didnt need.

Please dont try to tell me that it doesnt happen, as I know for a fact it is widespread.

Again this is not a dig at ST holders who use the cup scheme properly. The point is that we have gone back 10 years to the time when ST holders completely controlled the ticketing arrangement so in one swoop, the club have effectively wiped out the loyalty scheme.

For Istanbul,tickets were sold on a sliding scale as below

STs with 8 previous games
Non STs with 8 games
STs with 7 games
Non STs with 7 games
STs with 6 games etc etc.

This basically meant that a non season ticket holder who had been to all the games would be guaranteed a ticket.

The auto cup scheme had blown this away with a huge amount of season ticket holders qualifying even though they havent actually been to more than a handful of games. The club have realised that there is going to be a problem, have panicked and come up with the ridiculous ballot to try to please everyone.

Its a nonsense and has had the opposite effect of upsetting everyone.

How can we solve this?

Very difficult. Until we can be sure the person that buys the ticket is the one who uses it on the night, this will only get worse
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sun May 06, 2007 6:45 pm

When i went to watch Barca in Paris last season our ballot was open to every member, that was around 150,000 people. No one got priority over anyone else.
Barca Murph

Postby Barca Murph » Sun May 06, 2007 6:50 pm

peterc1992 wrote:I know a few friends who played in a tournament yesterday.The winner of it,got tickets for the whole team to go to Athens for the final,they lost in the final,thats not the points.The point is that Tickets are being given away for free like this to some fans that are Probably mopstly Man utd fans.Obviously the Liverpool fans would be happy but some people will go for the sake of a European final and wont cheer anyone on.

Thats only one competition i know about,theres probably loads and the real fans that want to go can't because some manc's/Arsenal/Chelsea fans get tickets for free.

I saw a kids 5 a side competition being played in Paris a couple of days before last years final. Both the winning boys and girls teams along with managers won tickets for the game.
Barca Murph

Postby KOPMATT » Sun May 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Don't think I'm gonna get a ticket unless I pay summut like £1000+ per ticket, crazy eh?
KOPMATT

Postby Barca Murph » Sun May 06, 2007 8:32 pm

A gooner offered my £1000 outside the stadium for my ticket last year. But i hadn't gone over for the money.
Barca Murph

Postby supersub » Sun May 06, 2007 8:37 pm

I'm on the auto scheme and received tickets for all games;never sold a ticket to anyone and have all 6 stubs to prove it.The one way to distribute the tickets fairly would be that, you collected a champions league final ticket in exchange for the six home stubs.Sadly genuine fans woud miss out because they may have binned the stubs but the scab parasite sellers should definitely miss out and I know a few of them shi.thouses because they want me to include them in any travel plans I make.Well they can fu.ck off big-time.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jan molby » Sun May 06, 2007 9:30 pm

I wish Rick Parry would stop going on about lack of tickets because ticket prices are getting higher every hour.

The tickets that Milan don't sell are going straight back to UEFA and then on to the black market.

There are French window cleaners selling them on ebay for €2000 a ticket, i think it must be Platini's wife giving them away to anyone who will give her a good seeing to!

Anyhow, i will be there in Athens even if i dont get a ticket, having a kebab and a beer with my super uncle.

you may think its easy for me to get tickets but the club dont like giving them to ex-players and if i get some tickets my wife will probably sell them on the black market to make money and go shopping, all footballers wives are the same im afraid.

anyhow, im off to the chippy for a scouse pie.
jan molby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun May 06, 2007 9:33 pm

jan molby wrote:I wish Rick Parry would stop going on about lack of tickets because ticket prices are getting higher every hour.

The tickets that Milan don't sell are going straight back to UEFA and then on to the black market.

There are French window cleaners selling them on ebay for €2000 a ticket, i think it must be Platini's wife giving them away to anyone who will give her a good seeing to!

Anyhow, i will be there in Athens even if i dont get a ticket, having a kebab and a beer with my super uncle.

you may think its easy for me to get tickets but the club dont like giving them to ex-players and if i get some tickets my wife will probably sell them on the black market to make money and go shopping, all footballers wives are the same im afraid.

anyhow, im off to the chippy for a scouse pie.

:laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion