Champions league final - Helpful information/tickets etc.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Thu May 05, 2005 11:19 pm

Use this thread to offer information on tickets/accomodation/flights and requests for tickets etc.Any touts trying to fleece the fans will have their posts severely edited/deleted.Genuine offers will be closely scrutinised.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu May 05, 2005 11:44 pm

I live in Liverpool.

In work today, a guy told me that ALL BUT ONE flight to Budapest had been snapped up in all the city high street travel gents.  Probably gone now, lets face it.

Is Budapest near Turkey?
jonnymac1979

Postby simic_ie » Thu May 05, 2005 11:51 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I live in Liverpool.

In work today, a guy told me that ALL BUT ONE flight to Budapest had been snapped up in all the city high street travel gents.  Probably gone now, lets face it.

Is Budapest near Turkey?

In a word.... erm.... no
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 05, 2005 11:52 pm

Does anyone know if the club are planning to put on a big screen(s) at Anfield for the final? That would be the next best thing.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu May 05, 2005 11:54 pm

Jonny, Budapest is in Hungary so its not anywhere near close Istanbul.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu May 05, 2005 11:58 pm

Sorry, no my point is that people are planning to go to Budapest and then travel by rail into Turkey.  Sorry, I've been drinking again.
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Fri May 06, 2005 12:08 am

The amount of planes to be chartered has yet to be announced but a fair proportion of them will fly to Germany with a connecting flight from there to Istanbul.Seems a little long winded but there is a lack of airspace to fly direct.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Fri May 06, 2005 5:09 pm

You can travel by train from London all the way to Istanbul.Eurostar to Paris and Orient express from Paris to Istanbul.Its a bit pricier than flying and takes three days,but hey,its an option if all else fails.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri May 06, 2005 5:16 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:http://www.sportsworldticket.com/Tickets79.asp

try here for tickets bit pricey though.

wow.... 400 pounds per ticket.... theyre ripping you off...
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:44 pm

Im pi.ssed off totally I can go from liverpool/Amsterdam then to eindhoven to istanbul, but the flight to istanbul is at 8.45 in the morning you have to check in 3 hours before, how the friggen hell to get to Eindhoven at 5 in the morning :kungfu:
Might sack it been scrawling all optitions was going to book to Bulgaria for a week then travel from sofia to Istanbul, but then ill miss our lads and rafa coming through town with the trophey if we win it. So if I was in Bulgaria I would miss that.
I am not paying Lonsdale or barnes's prices really p.issed off at getting to istanbul, who choose this stadium in the first place :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Other options Ive looked at is having a weeks holiday in Turkey Bodrum, but its about 9-12 hours by bus to istabul, or a charter flight and this comes to well over a thousand pound, I havent got a ticket, so I might miss the game aswell if I where to go to istanbul, its really messed up this one, I have been on a downer not being able to find a reasonable solution to go and see our lads in the final.
Gona just celebrate it in Liverpool and see the reds come off the plane with the cup :D  :buttrock
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Jonny mac where are you going to watch it? I think there should be a big screen at anfield for those not being able to attend, or in the pier head since the capital of culture fella wants the geg in, hope they arrange something, want to party all day and night long :buttrock

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 06, 2005 7:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bulgaria

Regarding my above post, that's what I meant, Bulgaria, not Budapest, I got threw by the letter 'B', I just couldn't remember.

In school, I got a Grade F in GCSE Geography.  No sh!t.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Fri May 06, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:58 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bulgaria

Regarding my above post, that's what I meant, Bulgaria, not Budapest, I got threw by the letter 'B', I just couldn't remember.

In school, I got a Grade F in GCSE Geography.  No sh!t.

No jonny your right some are going via budapest aswell.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 06, 2005 7:59 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Jonny mac where are you going to watch it? I think there should be a big screen at anfield for those not being able to attend, or in the pier head since the capital of culture fella wants the geg in, hope they arrange something, want to party all day and night long :buttrock

I'm toying with that new Sports Cafe off Victoria Street.  A mate of mine watched the Chelsea game in there and he said there was loads of screens and loads of bar staff on.

Then again, might go to my Mum and Dads, don't know yet.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion