Celtic fans today - Thanks..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:09 am

RedRoots wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:
jorgevb1 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Just seen this over on RAWK, this was today in Celtic Park agains Rangers.

A nice touch..

A sad indictment on humanity that they can sympathise with people hundreds of miles away yet continue to loathe their neighbours.

No wonder the world's in a mess.

What you mean by that mate,they have a bit of banter with there rivals like we do,but they can still sympatise with us all they want,there doing no harm and fair play to them.

Its a lot more than a bit of banter when it comes to Rangers and Celtic unfortunately.

Yeh doesnt matter but whats that guys point?
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:32 am

jorgevb1 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Just seen this over on RAWK, this was today in Celtic Park agains Rangers.

A nice touch..

A sad indictment on humanity that they can sympathise with people hundreds of miles away yet continue to loathe their neighbours.

No wonder the world's in a mess.

Yeah I know what you mean, with the Mancs down the road and their disgusting/disturbing youtube video the other day  :no   :glare:

I actually think thats a nice touch fair play to their supporters.  :buttrock
66-1112520797

Postby tommycockles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:45 am

i have to agree. I think it's good that other people can support such a campaign and if there was a set of fans that i would understand supporting us then that would be Celtic.

I don't understand the criticism??!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:02 am

I don't understand the criticism??!!

Exactly, its something positive and its a nice gesture of support. Yet some people with nothing obviously better to do pick faults and critise it and their Rangers tie, which has sweet F.A to do with the gesture.
66-1112520797

Postby 83-1171708240 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:12 am

If you think the Rangers vs Celtic rivalry is bad take a trip to the South Coast for Pompey vs the Scummers, my cousin Murray got bottled in the face by a 14 year old Pompey hooligan.

It’s a nice touch though; I could help but notice the clever and witty piece of Darwinism next to the JFT96 Banner, from Rangers to Celtic, class!
83-1171708240

Postby 106-1173536062 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:17 pm

apologies but ffs i never said it wasnt a nice gesture of course it is i just think its ironic that in the same pic theres a banner showing their utter hatred for gers fans (and it is hatred not just sporting rivalry)  a mate of mines a gers fan and he got cut up bad by some celtic fans for absolutely no reason other than the team he supports.  justice was the last thing on their minds at the time no doubt.

that is all
106-1173536062

Postby daxy1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:34 pm

A nice touch..

great gesture that by celtic fans!

wtf is this numpty on about he's turned a nice topic into a moanin one stfu dh
nice one dundalk!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:40 pm

apologies but ffs i never said it wasnt a nice gesture of course it is i just think its ironic that in the same pic theres a banner showing their utter hatred for gers fans (and it is hatred not just sporting rivalry)  a mate of mines a gers fan and he got cut up bad by some celtic fans for absolutely no reason other than the team he supports.  justice was the last thing on their minds at the time no doubt.

You're from Honduras, in the same way I'm an englishman. ??? You first lie about that because you don't know Spanish, and then you come here to wind up? Ban him!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1173536062 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:50 pm

Sabre wrote:

You're from Honduras, in the same way I'm an englishman. ??? You first lie about that because you don't know Spanish, and then you come here to wind up? Ban him!

in your own time jane...!

:D
106-1173536062

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:06 pm

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep

FFS Oasis pack it in.  You're not big, you're not clever and you're most assuredly not wanted.  One, three, five alter-egos won't disguise you because you always spout the same sorts of sh!te before too long.  Give your fragile psyche a rest and unplug from the net, lad.  A few friends in the real world will be a lot more satisfying then repeatedly attempting to wind up your cyber-foes.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tommycockles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:10 pm

is this a wind-up?? I just thought it was just someone who was a bit stupid? Maybe it's both!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:12 pm

All this 'second club' cr@p!..... it is a humble, simple gesture by some of the Celtic FC supporters, which i find both refreshing and necessary to see given the light of day.

wtf. this is a note of respect towards the poor souls who were lost at a football match of all things....it is not an inflammatory gesture...it is not up for debate over their local rivalry (who doesnt have that?) and it is most certainly not offensive (or shouldnt be) to LFC.

Thankyou Celtic football club and heads up to Dundalk for seeing the sense in posting it here. In a world where aggression and vindictive spitefullness is the opening gambit of the majority of the modern day fan, it is heartwarming to think our shared anthems lyrics hold their meaning well....

However, you then consider the liklihood of our own supporters offering a tribute to Munich on that basis....well im sorry but Death is not a subject up for banter on my agenda. Though its difficult to envisage other sets of fans offering them any comforting words.. :glare:

what happened to the soul of this game...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby hello_red » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:39 pm

very nice of celtic to do that! injustice is injustice wherever you are in the world.

also a sad indictment of mankind is someone putting up a thread about this and getting :censored: for it???

:censored: off!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby CarlosRocks » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:05 pm

it was a great gesture by the celtic fans, i take my hat off to em...
CarlosRocks

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:32 pm

I'm not surprised to see some eejit moan about this. Me think's someone has a massive chip on their shoulder. I live in Ireland and I tend to keep a distance from Celtic and Rangers for obvious reasons. Often politics gets involved and I find that to be just idiotic. It bores me. It should never come into football. Those doing the moaning in here are obviously insinuating these matters, but just don't have the balls to be blatant about it.

The true irony of these moaning tw@ts is that they dislike this humane jesture because it's coming from a set of supporters that they obviously hate themselves. This thread should never have turned into what it has, and instead should have been one of thanks and respect to those who went out of their way to make such a jesture. True Liverpool fans know better! Nice to see.

And by the way, there is an article on the official site about this.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion