Carra article from the daily mail

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Is that book coming out or is it out already, also did anyone hear about a book by Guime Ballaga  (the spanish dude from Sky Sports) about the road to Istanbul
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 pm

Simply awesome.. what a grt guy and servant to the club..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:49 pm

:nod

:buttrock

What an article, what a player and by christ what a fella. Jamie, if i see you out lad, the bevvy's are on me. Legend. Complete effing legend.

:bowdown
115-1073096938

Postby babu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:31 am

pure gold

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:46 am

I just wanna say that I'm blessed to be part of the reds legion. Though I'd never got the chance to be in Istanbul, but I never doubted the team. I sat for the whole match weeping mostly at the first half. But it turned out to be our destiny to have won that trophy.
That is why football IS the most beautiful game ever created.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby azriahmad » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:18 am

Carra is real class, sheer commitment, determination and heart.

Sometimes, it is a pity to have to see him having to work so hard in most games for LFC because a player like him deserves to have a quality partner like Alan Hansen and an enforcer like Graeme Souness or Ronnie Whelan protecting the defense so that he needs to put in less effort like the games we used to have in the 70s and 80s.

The Chelsea defenders and especially Petr Cech look so good because they have a very underrated Calude Makelele who does such a great job at sheilding them and snuffing out potential danger way before they become a real threat.

At 3-0 down in the CL final, I was despairing so much that I contemplated switching off from the live telecast from my parts of the world. The memory of the 4-0 rout Barcelona received at the hands of AC Milan in 1994 was coming so vividly to me. Then, we came out and scored 3 times to tie the match and beat them on penalties. We may have had much better teams in the past and played champagne football in 1987-88 but I doubt the great teams of the Liverpool past can conjure up something to top this after being 0-3 down at half time against one of the most clinical teams in the CL.

What a night and what a comeback, the mother of all comebacks! If you get 0-2 down against tone of he top teams of world football in the final of a major competition, it would be curtains and game over.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:53 pm

the guy's an absolute legend

check this out. it's probably the best carragher picture ever.

:D  :buttrock  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:28 pm

that article says it all about the man. what a legend.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:36 pm

Quality photo St Michael - absolute class

He is a true legend at Anfield and will be for years to come.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:10 pm

Rafa has praised Carra's bravery for playing whilst suffering from a painful ankle injury. Carra has been withdrawn from the International friendly against Argentina. Rafa is hoping that his absence will not go against him and he believes Sven would be foolish not to take such a dependable player to the World Cup:

"Carra has had a problem for some time and now we are trying to protect him," said Benitez.
"He is a brave player and he never wants to come off or miss a game. The last thing we wanted was for him to play in a friendly and risk us losing him for a long time.
"With rest he can prepare for our next games. He has the character you want as a manager, which makes him so important."

"I don't like talking too much about individuals, but he is always at a good level, which means I always have confidence in him," added Benitez.
"He can make mistakes like any player, but they are rare.
"If a manager wants someone for the World Cup, when you can't make many mistakes because you play so many games in little time, he is ideal. I'm sure he will be there."

Carra has done an amazing job of hiding his injury. He has continued to produce outstanding performances at the heart of our defence despite the problem.

Hopefully the injury is nothing major and the rest will allow him to make a full recovery.

I just wish all our players would show so much committment to Liverpool!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:54 pm

thing is Hawkmoon, if everyone was the same as Carra, he wouldnt be held is such high regard with the supports, hes a one off, a legend, a fuc*ing scouser and i fuc*in love him!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:43 pm

Garymac wrote:thing is Hawkmoon, if everyone was the same as Carra, he wouldnt be held is such high regard with the supports, hes a one off, a legend, a fuc*ing scouser and i fuc*in love him!

Garymac who is the bird on the end of your sig ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:47 pm

stmichael wrote:the guy's an absolute legend

I've just printed that picture out and put it on me desk in work.
He's Fcked !

:D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:51 pm

stmichael wrote:the guy's an absolute legend

Class pic!!
Bet theyre both tellind Carra hes the man!! :buttrock  :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:08 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Garymac wrote:thing is Hawkmoon, if everyone was the same as Carra, he wouldnt be held is such high regard with the supports, hes a one off, a legend, a fuc*ing scouser and i fuc*in love him!

Garymac who is the bird on the end of your sig ?

Me missus haha i wish! No just some bird who we ended up with a pic of when we come back from Magaluf last year!

By the way that picture of carra has got to find its place in the coridors of anfield or blowin up to life size and stuck on the Anny road so the away fans can see what a true fu*kin legend looks like!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion