No votes
Cissokho
2%
Zapata
2%

Total votes : 56

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Calum wrote:We definitely need another striker, but I can't think of any names for that position at the moment.

Connor Wickham  :nod

Crespo is available on a free transfer i believe. signing him makes sense. firstly, due to his age, he won't be demanding first team football hence he is an able back-up to Carroll and Suarez. secondly, the younger strikers would be able to learn from him during training as he has got a vast amount of experience.

would love to see Kranjcar here as well. he is awfully underrated by many fans but he is just 25 and is really talented.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 pm

damjan193 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:I'm afraid, we might have to make do with what we have now... I believe this is it; Henderson, Carroll and Suarez. I think what's happening is, for English players, the other clubs are asking too much, and for foreign players we can't match the wages offered by Chelsea, man city, united... Etc...

This is it guys... Stop dreaming...

I wouldn't agree on that. Sure, we might not sign players such as Aguero, but players like Adam, Downing, Clichy etc. are definitely a possibility. As for Mata, he'll be a bit harder to sign, but IMO I don't think that we need him, doubt that he is the right one to play in the position that we need him to play in and I think that he'll find it hard to get use to the Prem.

But are we gonna pay 15 million for Adam when it looks like Aquilani's gonna come back? Are we gonna pay 20 million for Downing when Maxi, Suarez and Arbeloa can play there? And are we gonna pay 10 million for Clichy when Glenn Johnson, Arbeloa and Flanagan can play there? That's an outlay of 45 million... The the above targets might improve the squad... but are they worth it? We might as well wait for a very good player like Mata when he come available and spend abit more on a single player and get higher quality... just like we did with Suarez...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:43 pm

I voted Adam because he would give us added stability, hope we also get a great winger and LB though.
worcester_red

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:48 pm

maguskwt wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:I'm afraid, we might have to make do with what we have now... I believe this is it; Henderson, Carroll and Suarez. I think what's happening is, for English players, the other clubs are asking too much, and for foreign players we can't match the wages offered by Chelsea, man city, united... Etc...

I wouldn't agree on that. Sure, we might not sign players such as Aguero, but players like Adam, Downing, Clichy etc. are definitely a possibility. As for Mata, he'll be a bit harder to sign, but IMO I don't think that we need him, doubt that he is the right one to play in the position that we need him to play in and I think that he'll find it hard to get use to the Prem.

But are we gonna pay 15 million for Adam when it looks like Aquilani's gonna come back? Are we gonna pay 20 million for Downing when Maxi, Suarez and Arbeloa can play there? And are we gonna pay 10 million for Clichy when Glenn Johnson, Arbeloa and Flanagan can play there? That's an outlay of 45 million... The the above targets might improve the squad... but are they worth it? We might as well wait for a very good player like Mata when he come available and spend abit more on a single player and get higher quality... just like we did with Suarez...

you on drugs or what? Arbeloa doesn't play for us anymore.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:56 pm

maguskwt wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Arbeloa, mate?

...anyway, nobody said that we'll overpay for anyone. The clubs might ask for a higher price for a player, which is natural, but the actual price will be totally different, like with Suarez. Yes, we've already payed over the odds for Carroll for example, but we were in a very complex situation then and Newcastle were in position to ask a lot more than what Carroll was worth. That doesn't mean that we'll do it again, the owners are experienced businessmen and I expect them to pay as much as it is needed to buy a player that we really need, no more, no less.

If Aquilani returns as you suggested, we might not need to sign Adam, but we'll still need to sign players for other positions.

I don't expect us to make any marquee signings, but the players that we're most heavily linked with are definitely a possibility.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby desmdlow » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 pm

killerp wrote:
desmdlow wrote:Enrique for me.. I think we should settle the lb problem first and foremost. And he looks like a consistent player with bags of skill for a defender. His early cross are delicious. Caroll will love those and Suarez will be eager to get on any knock down from those early balls, making our play up field faster.

Good point, if the formation will have Carroll as the frontman. With his price it would be hard to not see that happening.

I hope we are not going to resort to long balls though :glare:
...that would be......painful to watch.

We should not become a long ball team and never will be. But we must always have alternatives, teams parking bus in defence will not be so easy to break down by pass and move. we need some options to play it upfield fast so as to throw them off stride and bring support up faster..

Mata to me is too difficult a transfer to pull off. would love to see him in reds shirt thou.
desmdlow

Postby desmdlow » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 pm

I personally think that we have good enough midfielders. Priority should be wings & left back. We still have not solve our left back situation and i think that is of paramount important to do it fast and early. Else later into transfer window, teams will know we are desperate for lb and wants the sky for transfer fee..
desmdlow

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

you on drugs or what? Arbeloa doesn't play for us anymore.

:D ... wasn't on drugs but I was drunk... I meant aurelio...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Calum wrote:We definitely need another striker, but I can't think of any names for that position at the moment.

Connor Wickham  :nod

Crespo is available on a free transfer i believe. signing him makes sense. firstly, due to his age, he won't be demanding first team football hence he is an able back-up to Carroll and Suarez. secondly, the younger strikers would be able to learn from him during training as he has got a vast amount of experience.

would love to see Kranjcar here as well. he is awfully underrated by many fans but he is just 25 and is really talented.

might as well sign Batistuta...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:11 am

Redman in wales wrote:
killerp wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:I think kenny will opt for a 4-3-3 with 4-4-2 as an option. Mata doesn’t really fit in to these but what would work extremely well for mata (and suarez) is this:

Reina

Carra     Kelly     Agger

Johnson                    Lucas                      LWB

Gerrard
                  Mata                     Suraez
                                Carroll

With Johnson and a new LB given licence (and encouraged) to get down the flanks as much as possible to provide width. As well as Suarez and Mata drifting out when they need to

I don’t think we’ll see 3 at the back very often, but that’s a great way to accommodate and get the best out of Suarez and Mata

What if more players arrive like, downing, Adam, perhaps a Gago, what formation would you use then?

Just like I said in the first line of my post, I think we'll play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, depending on what players we bring in and have available at the time. The formation above was simply trying to accommodate Mata's talents, but I dont think we;ll see it often. Downing would play on the wing in a 4-4-2. There is no space for Gago what-so-ever if we buy Adam as surely he'd be behind Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Adam, Henderson and that's assuming we'll sell Aquilani

Might be a bit crowded in the midfield if all these players arrive & we don't sell Aquilani. I suppose the upside may be players will have to fight more for their place unlike in the recent past where the lack of quality guarenteed certain players to be pretty much untouchable.
killerp

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am

:( :(

Barcastuff on twitter
Valencia would be willing to accept an offer of around 15M-plus-Jeffren for wing player Juan Mata (23)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 am

did anyone see Jeffren's goal for the under21s? it was really good! here's the goals from the game
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:did anyone see Jeffren's goal for the under21s? it was really good! here's the goals from the game

why are the Spain bench always invading the pitch?

btw these spanish u21's look like they're in their 40's
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 am

It's awfully quiet on the transfer front, not even rumors from garbage websites!!!! where the feck is the next signing :angry: At least give me some ridiculous lies to keep me entertained :D

If the next signing will be another young overpriced English *Wizkid* you can kiss your transfer budget goodbye. 3 20mil Henderson's later & and your transfer warchest is gone.
killerp

Postby only me » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 am

Let's get the Sau-Paulo kid ,Lucas. Finally we would have a real talented Brazilian playing for us. We won't even need to get him a new shirt.  :D
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion