Benitez, houllier bought badly! - Fringe players not good enough.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:02 pm

Ok, ok I know. We all know this, but did you know Menjani cost £3million when he was supposed to be a free? Diarra's on £25 grand a week & that Igor the "terrible" Biscan's on more than Baros!! Houllier was a cancer to this club one which Mr Moores was happy to live with for far too long. We had good times, sure. But the Germans could say the same for Hitler! Benitez admits today in the Spanish press that the bulk of squad players "purchased" by Houllier could'nt get in most spanish second division teams! He's amazed by the quality in the youth team & cant understand why money was squandered on "rubbish" players. Warnock is "the best young prospect I've seen in years" according to Rafa & that Paul Raven is going to be a "international captain"! Benitez goes on to say that Liverpools strength comes from youth & expierience!
spiralstairs00

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:13 pm

I don't feel as strongly against Houllier as a lot of people (although I was a fierce critic of his last year) and he did a lot of good things for the club but one of my pet hates of the Houllier regime was the continual purchase of second rate squad players on fat contracts when he clearly should have given certain guys like Warnock, Mellor, Partridge, Otsemembor, Potter and Welsh a chance.

I'm not saying he should have thrown them all into the team but surely we would have been better off using some of the above ahead of some of the second rate imports Houllier brought in?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:40 pm

where did you find all this stuff that benitez is saying?
sounds interesting i'd like to read the whole thing
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Yeah, let's see the website !!  :cool:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:02 pm

DITTO.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:08 pm

Cant find this one and id be very suprised if Benitez would make such a comment. ???
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:32 pm

Agree'd RB is a very professional manager and I don't think he would make those remarks ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:20 pm

Probably a lie.
jonnymac1979

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:17 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Probably a lie.

Alright Johnny long time no speak.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt*Lfc » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:38 am

Liverpool Academy chief Steve Heighway is convinced new manager Rafa Benitez will give his best prospects the chance to prove themselves at first team level.

Heighway said: "The early signs are that things have changed for the better. His willingness to talk football with us is a big change from the previous regime and that is good. There's been lots of opportunities to speak with him already and that can only benefit the Academy.

"From the discussions I've had with the new manager I see no reason why the Academy boys will not be given a chance. I'm confident that if any boy shows he's got sufficient talent, then he'll get promoted. First into the reserve team, then the first team."

He added: "Between the 16 and 18 age group there are a lot of good players.

"I don't like to mention names, but in the under-16 group alone I'd say there are at least half-a-dozen with outstanding promise, but they're very young and still at school."
Matt*Lfc

Postby Shanti » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:06 am

spiral, you read and speak spanish?
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:21 am

I'd really be surprised if "Mr. Benett" really said that while many of the so-called rubbish are still at the club and he needed some of them to still play for him.

You'd only say such a thing when all of them are gone and you don't rely on any single one of them or are not trying to offload them. Otherwise, you can't get anything from the clear-out because no one will pay any decent amount as the gaffer himself has said that they are rubbish!

Don't be so gullible, even though you may really dislike Houllier.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:59 am

Total rubbish!
Rafa is no fickle
He once said, not being honest yet wisely, that us need no strengthening.
So "his saying" is impossible.
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion