Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Aimar - Would he cut it in england?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 39

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:57 pm

I know that a lot of people think we should try to get him. But I have serious doubts about whether he would be able to cope with the speed and phyical aspects of the Premiership.

Is he too big a risk?

Would he even fit into our system for home games ( he mainly plays off a main striker, and doesnt have the defensive ability to play in a Premiership central midfield.

I personaly woulden't go for him.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:01 am

if Rafa insists on playing a 4-5-1 I think he's the player we need.

He is a attacking midfielder who would play well of Morientes IMO. We hva lacked that sort of link-up player whwn playing a 4-5-1. Garcia could be the answer but has yet to prove it really.

Other options could be Rosicky, or maybe Ronaldinho. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:11 am

Yes he would cut it, he has so much skill and class even the barbaric nature of our league won't be able to stop him. Some Blackburn t****** might injure him though.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:20 am

he`s a cracking player but i dont think he`s strong enough.
he`d be like a miniture heskey always rolling around on the floor and looking hard done by in my opinion.
i think we are more in need of a wide player who can take a player on and get to the byline. someone who doesnt mind getting chalk on his boots and wont keep drifting infield because winger isnt his natural position.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:21 am

He would definately cut it, world-class players always do. Whether he is the answer for us I don't know, but he would be a fantastic player in any League.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:53 am

He is great, just not what we need right now.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:48 am

bigmick wrote:He would definately cut it, world-class players always do. Whether he is the answer for us I don't know, but he would be a fantastic player in any League.

I know people may hound me for this but, Veron was a world class player before he came to the Premiership where he looked lost, but now is showing that sort of form again back at Inter.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:43 pm

In fairness to Veron, while he never really played to his limitless potential he was still pretty useful. His fees prooved to be too big but in all honesty, if we signed him on a Bosman in the Summer would it be a good move or not? I know a lot would say no, but I wouldn't be among them.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:46 pm

those who think aimar couldn't cut it should just look at what junihno achieved over here.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:46 pm

stmichael wrote:those who think aimar couldn't cut it should just look at what junihno achieved over here.

junihno, two finals with middlesbro - won none, and a relegation

i dont understand what you mean stmike??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:48 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:
stmichael wrote:those who think aimar couldn't cut it should just look at what junihno achieved over here.

i mean in terms of the way he adapted to this league. he was a superb player, especially in his first spell at boro. ok the team went down but that was mainly due to their sh#te defence.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:51 pm

stmichael wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:

i mean in terms of the way he adapted to this league. he was a superb player, especially in his first spell at boro. ok the team went down but that was mainly due to their sh#te defence.

yes, junihno was a quality player. most of the little dudes are, due to their low centre of gravity and difficulty to tackle, especially if the opposing player is some 2 feet taller   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:11 pm

Juninho adapted really well at Boro, coping very well indeed with the cold weather and the physical aspects of the game. But I think he is an exception. I don't think Aimar will necessarily adapt that well, in spite of his known skills would offer a creative aspect sorely missing at Liverpool FC.

We have enough softies like Garcia and Kewell, we don't need another fancy softie to become another first choice where we will be easily out-muscled and lose possession against domestic opposition and keep struggling a lot.

No, enough softies, no matter how skilled, get a Gravesen-esque player who can do the lot instead. Everton are missing him and Real Madrid has not played him at his full potential.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:41 am

Pablo Aimar is the most skillfil player going round. Only Ronaldinho has more natural talent. And look at what he did to Chelsea on their home ground.

We cant afford Ronaldinho, but Aimar would fit us well. He can play wide left or off the main striker. He's fast and creates chances. Humps like Terry wouldnt know where to kick him he'd be moving off them so quick.
tel

Postby 1234ram » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:45 pm

we need to get him he would make the liverpool team unstopable
1234ram

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion