Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Aimar - Would he cut it in england?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 39

Postby ronmeister » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:53 pm

If we can get him get him.Its pure and simple if he dont cut it sell him on for a profit
ronmeister

Postby Nando » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:30 pm

i really like this guy, hes got the skills to cut it in the premiership, and i have to feel hes got the tenacity to cut in physically in the prem, hes a dirty lil bugger as we can all remember from the champions league game at anfield in 2003, would be great to play off either milan or myself  :p
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:47 pm

Aimar is a cut above. Everyone doubted Alonso, and he's top drawer. It's not always about where you come from. Kewell was good for Leeds, but now he looks lightweight tosh. If we could get Alonso for £5m-ish, then go for it. Rafa knows him, and he'll know whether he would adapt to the premiership or not. We do need a proper winger though. Badly. Mori looks like a 2 year old in a rugby scrum at the minute. No service = no goals.:cool:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:48 pm

Soz, I mean Aimar!!!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:05 pm

Aimar will be a superb player and he will fit very well in this league. The way we play, we certainly need this sort of player of Aimar's quality to supply 1st class chances for our strikers.

Those who thinks he was soft, watch him more. Last match against Madrid, Grava's midfield had so much problems containing Aimar and his craft. And he is a few levels above what we have in our squad. Garcia and Kewell would love to  be on Aimar's level.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rosa » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:55 pm

playing in a very attacking role behind the forward/s he would be great and considering Rafa knows him well... He might be a little too similar to Garcia but I think long term he won't be around as he does lose the ball far too often! Aimar is international class with great vision which is what we need. Can U imagine Alonso, Gerrard and Aimar getting the pacey Cisse in behind with great through balls next season? ??? Only at home though! We'd get murdered in midfield away from Anfield! Gerrard is the only one that can tackle.
Rich
rosa

Postby L-type » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:34 pm

yeah it would be great, but i think our style of play would have trouble fitting Aimar into the lineup.  He has the tendency to move forward as an attacking midfield, which means we either

1) Do nothing
2) Take away Gerrards license to move forward

the 2nd option would be the better of the two, but Gerrard plays best when he is allowed to move forward and bang in shots that rebound to the top of the box.  I don;t think he'd fit in that well, but in all honesty thats a problem I'd like to have; too many class players and not enough room to put em :)

btw i have a video of his goals I'll load it a lil later
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:17 am

Heres a link to the vid i picked up about a month ago.  http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=061NFT2WFWFI33DQ0ISISYB934

check out 3:25, its amazing he kicks it so its about 5 meters above the crossbar and it just drops.  He seems to be one of the more physical players and isnt afraid to knock in a few headers.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:23 am

i just saw the video right now, all i can say his get his ****** over here.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ianwillo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Aimar is a class player and would take to england like a duck in water! ha ha :blues:
ianwillo

Postby lfcseb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 am

he would, great player!
lfcseb

Postby lfc4life83 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

lfcseb wrote:he would, great player!

no idea
lfc4life83

Postby lfcseb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:06 am

lfc4life83 wrote:
lfcseb wrote:he would, great player!

no idea

he is a manc dont listen to him, should be off the site soon
lfcseb

Postby lfc4life83 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:09 am

MANCS RULE!!! CHAMPIONS
HE'S WON IT 9 TIMES, HE'S WON IT 9 TIMES, OUR BOY GIGGSY, HE'S WON IT 9 TIMES
HE WILL WIN IT 10 TIMES, HE WILL WIN IT 10 TIMES, OUR BOY GIGGSY HE WILL WIN IT 10 TIMES!!!!
JOHN O'SHEA KOP LEGEND 1-0 YEAHHHHHHHH
lfc4life83

Postby redmikey » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 am

aimar isn't a patch on riqelme and he is rumoured to be going to everton :D

sorry it makes me laugh every time i read or write it

got this off ssn rumour page which everyone should rea if you are a bit down as it is p!ss funny

There will be three signings for Everton all going to be unveiled next week, Kieran Richardson, Gabor Kirahly and the most suprising Juan Roman Riquelme. The Riquelme deal was finalised four weeks ago and upon the player's request will not be made public until after the completion of the Copa America the fee is believed to be in the region of £9m and I found this out through a mate that is a premier league player.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion