Excuse me, but why do we need aimar

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stella » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:15 pm

Do we really need him, we have Garcia, a fit kewell and sometimes gerrard playing an Attacking midfield role, and cisse pongolle morientes and someone in place of baros as strikers, do we really need him. Would he even suit the english game, he's smaller then Garcia you know.
stella

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:31 pm

Aimar would be welcome cos he's a quality player, he can play a few positions and we need flexible players like him, also we need depth to our squad as you saw last season that we had more than one or two people injured in more than one position, plus I agree with the Garcia point but Kewell is always injured and this could be his final season if he doesn't sort himself out!!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:46 pm

I agree that we don't need aimar.  Garcia and him are too similar and i doubt we could accomodate them both in the team.

Money would be better spent elsewhere as aimar wouldn't come cheap.  I think aimar is quality but I have doubts about him adapting to the prem, might take him a while.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blacrat » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:50 pm

KEWELL SHOULD GO AS WELL AS MORIENTIST. BAROS
blacrat

Postby blacrat » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:51 pm

WE SHOULD PUSH THE BOAT OUT  FOR SWP
blacrat

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:52 pm

who's morientist? or what is one?
Last edited by andy_g on Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:59 pm

blacrat wrote:KEWELL SHOULD GO AS WELL AS MORIENTIST. BAROS

Is that what happens when Nando visits the dentist   ???
Last edited by laza on Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:00 pm

Welcome to the boards, now you've showed that you need  :help  and that your comments arent worth reading, thanks.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:16 pm

.. he better not mean Morientes :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:23 pm

laza wrote:

Is that what happens when Nando visits the dentist   ???

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:28 pm

Sorry I know this post is not about Harry kewell but can anyone out there explain how it was that Harry Kewell limped of the pitch totally crocked on the 25th of may only to be bouncing about like a new spring lamb an hour and a half later?  F***ing digrace for a player. should not have been allowed to touch the trophy.  As for Aimar what ever Rafa does in the next 3 years is fine by me he Earned it!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby RED ANT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:30 pm

I can't believe people don't think he will be successful in England. He may be small but he grew up playing his footie in Argentina where he would have been kicked and bullied off the ball alot more then he will over here.

Argentinian defenders are hardly soft are they?
RED ANT

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:01 pm

RED ANT wrote:I can't believe people don't think he will be successful in England. He may be small but he grew up playing his footie in Argentina where he would have been kicked and bullied off the ball alot more then he will over here.

Argentinian defenders are hardly soft are they?

No one said argentinian defenders were soft, but referees give players more protection in the south american leagues than they do in england.

Also thats not really the point, its the pace of the game in england rather than the physical side of it that makes it difficult for some foreigners to play in.  Aimar will be closed down much quicker on the ball in england than any other league he has played in.  He may or may not be able to be as effective when this happens.  He may still do well here, but if we have to pay a lot for him then it is a fairly big gamble IMO.

And again, do we really need him when we've got garcia??  I think garcia is just as good
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:50 pm

john craig wrote:And again, do we really need him when we've got garcia??  I think garcia is just as good

I agree with most that you have said but IMHO, Garcia is nowhere near as good as Aimar.
Also i think bringing in Aimar (though unlikely!) would benefit the SQUAD greatly with another CLASS player.
But i personally feel that as we get more and more players coming over the next few seasons, i can see Garcia being phased out and being more of a regular sub than a regular starter.
I really think that Rafa bought him almost (i repeat...ALMOST!!) as a stop gap, firstly as Rafa came in so late last season and didnt have much time to get the players he really wanted (apart from Xabi and Josemi(who isnt that good really, a squad player at best!) but secondly that he KNEW he would be able to get him as Barcelona had such a strong squad at the beginning of last season, and his chances of playing were slim to none.

Although Garcia is a 'different' player to many we have, there are better players of his type out there ie; Aimar and furthermore if people expect to have a back-up for all positions ie; Riise/Djimi/Warnock at LB, then why shudnt we have back up for our creative players......If garcia gets injured then u still have your Aimar (tho i wud play Aimar first, so for me it wud be - if AIMAR gets injured u bring in Garcia!), to me it just makes sense to have some form of back-up in that position too!!! Though who it would be is questionable......just wondered what made u start this thread talking about Aimar, tho we have been linked (by the tabloids may i add!!) dont forget it may be hard to get players from Valencia, because they feel as though Rafa took the p.iss by leaving. Have i missed something about Aimar?? or u just using Aimar as your example, to validate the argument you were making - that we dont really need another player in the garcia mould ???

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:46 pm

i don't think we do need aimar - specifically for the reason that we have garcia. he started out as a worry and he ended the season as a new kop hero, and i expect him to carry on improving next season. i'd prefer us to be looking at bringing in wide players so that garcia won't keep getting put out there and can play where he's most effective.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion