4th spot playoffs for champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 pm

I only caught the end of it but I heard on 5live that it wouldn't be implemented for at least 3 years and 14 of the 20 PL clubs need to approve. So in theory even if the current top 6 said no we could still it go ahead? :censored: rubbish!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:I only caught the end of it but I heard on 5live that it wouldn't be implemented for at least 3 years and 14 of the 20 PL clubs need to approve. So in theory even if the current top 6 said no we could still it go ahead? :censored: rubbish!

I have never heard of a prem vote that only needed 14 to agree before.
Theyve thought whats the least amount of teams that would be for this.... 14? then thats all we need.
Load of sh!te.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 am

That's what they said on five live mate. I'm sure more will come out from the FA as the week goes on.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

I dont love the idea but the way money is going it could be a plus for any club.

I heard a few other ideas today about how the 4th spot could be given. I dony like the idea that it is given to the club with the fewest amount of card and sending offs.
the was a mad idea on a phone in today, a 4 way play off over todays (4th v 5th  6th v 7th and then a final the next day)...bloody mad.

good to be back by the way :)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 am

its a lot to do with the plan to shake up the prem in 3 years after the tv deals run out.
some of the ideas that have been spoken about the shake are are.

the team that win the prem can op out of the next years FA Cup

have a half way point in the prem, after this point the top half of the table only play the team in that half for the rest of the year to fight out for the top spot, the bottom half fight it out not to go down.
there is some good points in that one, we could play man u 4 times in the prem in a year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:50 am

I see the missing lakes is back :D
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 am

s@int wrote:I see the missing lakes is back :D

back from my ban  :blush:
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:37 am

bavlondon wrote:That's what they said on five live mate. I'm sure more will come out from the FA as the week goes on.

I ment the play off is a load of sh!te mate, not your post. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:29 am

lakes10 wrote:have a half way point in the prem, after this point the top half of the table only play the team in that half for the rest of the year to fight out for the top spot, the bottom half fight it out not to go down.
there is some good points in that one, we could play man u 4 times in the prem in a year.

See what happens when people get banned?  They spend the time out on the streets getting addicted to crack.  That's the only explaination I can figure for this idea.   :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 am

The Good Yank wrote:
lakes10 wrote:have a half way point in the prem, after this point the top half of the table only play the team in that half for the rest of the year to fight out for the top spot, the bottom half fight it out not to go down.

See what happens when people get banned?  They spend the time out on the streets getting addicted to crack.  That's the only explaination I can figure for this idea.   :p

pmsl. that idea come from Ex FA Brian Barwick and yes it is a mad idea
what can see from the idea is that the big glub would make more money than the smaller club and the gap would get bigger.

Just can not see how it could be put in place, you would end up with far too many games, unles its split in three, say the top few play off for the top spot and the CL the next lot play for the EL and the bottom lot play to stay up, its the only way the number of games could stay the same.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am

I struggle to see that the playoffs for the Champions League would be introduced as it would extend the season too far which would create problems every other year when it is a World Cup or European Championship summer. I think it is one of those ideas which would most likely benefit the bigger clubs in the Premier League and the others would suffer. The large battle that exists to get fourth spot in the Premier League has made this season one of the most exciting in recent memory (despite all our problems) and I fear the new plans would stop this from working in the future. I dont see why the Premier League big-wigs want to make these changes as the league is exciting enough as it is.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:I struggle to see that the playoffs for the Champions League would be introduced as it would extend the season too far which would create problems every other year when it is a World Cup or European Championship summer. I think it is one of those ideas which would most likely benefit the bigger clubs in the Premier League and the others would suffer. The large battle that exists to get fourth spot in the Premier League has made this season one of the most exciting in recent memory (despite all our problems) and I fear the new plans would stop this from working in the future. I dont see why the Premier League big-wigs want to make these changes as the league is exciting enough as it is.

??? Would only extend it by 3 games, same as lower league playoffs.

I still think it's a fairly good idea, when I said it was fairer I meant that it would giev more teams the chance to play CL football and in 3 years time it might be our best option for getting into the champions league! I bet we won't be complaining then when we finish in 5th and you all know it could easily happen.
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Im sorry but it should be the top 4 or the top 3 teams that finish in them positions over the course of the season, absolute joke of an idea to have the team in 4th playing a team that finishes 8th over 2 legs an the winner goes into the champions league, Whats the point of trying to finish in the top four then, you might as well give up and just go for a top eight finish . You have to get there on merit and finishing 8th overall the course of the season dosnt apply in my book,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:38 pm

it's nothing but a money spinner, same as the 39th game. will never happen.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion