Carson - Coming to liverpool for 250k

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:55 pm

if he joins, won't we have to shift 1 keeper out? ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:01 pm

Yeah, probably. It will probably be that Luzi guy though!

Has anyone on this board actually seen Carson in action?

Im very curious as to how good he really is.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:05 pm

dudek will defo go if carson comes in......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:28 pm

latest ....

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Kop bid rejected

Liverpool have had a £250,000 transfer bid for Scott Carson turned down by Leeds United.

KopTalk revealed yesterday that the Reds had tabled an offical bid after the Carson camp sent coded messages to Anfield that the 19-year-old was up for a move. Ok they weren't coded messages but Liverpool were tipped off - probably by the player's agent - to come in with a bid.

Elland Road spokesman Bryan Morris said today: "An offer has been made for Scott Carson by a Premiership side. This offer has been turned down by Leeds United. The club is speaking to Scott's agent on Wednesday in order to offer a new deal for him to stay at Leeds."

Earlier in the year Insider sources claimed that Carson was under the watchful eye of our scouting network and that his progress would be monitored for the 2004-05 season. It would seem once again that they have proven to be right.

Carson rejected a contract offered to him by Leeds United earlier this month and as a result he will be out of contract in the summer.

If a deal can not be struck during the transfer window and Carson makes the switch to Anfield in the summer instead, Liverpool would have to pay compensation as the Bosman ruling only applies to players over the age of 24
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenc » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:31 pm

Carson is a decent keeper but will need time to develop. I'd offer leeds some cash to buy his registration rights and let them keep him for 2 season's. He's hardly going to beat out Dudek and Kirky right now. Leed's have a pretty good record with developing keepers, so no harm could come from that.
Kenc

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:07 pm

CHELSKI ALERT>>> th big money is also interested.. :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:33 pm

he cant even get in the leeds side at the moment so i wouldnt pin all our hopes on him, as kenc has rightly mentioned its too early for him.
me personally i would stick with dudek, the shots kirkland has been letting in were no more than speculative and all well within his grasp. like a lot of very tall keepers kirkland seems unable to react to shots close to him.
dudek flaps at crosses but at least he is athletic and a decent shot stopper. to be fair to dudek, kirkland never covered himself in glory dealing with high balls in the derby either, more than once he was running around in circles flayling around his arms like a man attacked by a bunch of irate bees.
you can allow for a keeper who is poor at crosses by telling him to stay on his line and make sure the centre halfs deal with everything, you cant account for keepers who let any shot from 30yards fly past them.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:11 pm

Kenc wrote:Carson is a decent keeper but will need time to develop. I'd offer leeds some cash to buy his registration rights and let them keep him for 2 season's. He's hardly going to beat out Dudek and Kirky right now. Leed's have a pretty good record with developing keepers, so no harm could come from that.

i like what you say, if we do want him. This would be a good idea.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:15 pm

He seems a good prospect anyway, hopefully he wont be a crock like Kirkland

Roberts
82-1074641017

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion