Whineing americans - Get a grip yanks

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:59 pm

Sh.it happens.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:17 pm

this is probably gonna land me in the sh!t and cause me a right bollokin but here goes...

If New Orleans is the home of jazz, what the fuck is Katrina and the Waves doing there??

:D

bring it on....
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:48 pm

Lee J wrote:this is probably gonna land me in the sh!t and cause me a right bollokin but here goes...

If New Orleans is the home of jazz, what the fuck is Katrina and the Waves doing there??

bring it on....

mainstreaming
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:31 pm

Lee J wrote:this is probably gonna land me in the sh!t and cause me a right bollokin but here goes...

bring it on....

haha  :D  :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:01 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
A.B. wrote:I don't like Bush but he shouldn't be blamed entirely for the situation. Three years ago New Orleans had a practice evacuation and it didn't work. What the hell has the mayor of New Orleans since then other than telling Bush to "get his ar$e in New Orleans" ? Why didn't he provide trasnportation for the poor after being warned almost a week before the hurricane struck?

Where was the governor of Luisiana in all of this? Why didn't he/she step up and come up with some sort of plan?

Why the hell are people shooting at rescuers? I know that you're p1ssed off but ffs save your anger, stop shooting and let people who have come to rescue you. I also dont understand why people are taking tv's,dvd's,sneakers,etc.. WHAT THE HELL are you going to do with a tv when half of the city is underwater?

So there's plenty of people who have acted incredibly stupid in this situation. It's a disgrace that Mexico has to send it's troops to help the richest country on the planet. It's a disgrace that Castro has to offer 1100 of his doctors to help the people in New Orleans. This should had been done already by the government as they have the funds for it.

or suppose to have the funds, because they are suppose to be this all powerful superpower. I dont even think the states are getting the funding they should be. Where are all the doctors, if a portion of them are canadian. The troops are no where on the continent, i dont think army reserve can really help that much. the country is going to be in utter chaos for a while.

Bush has just layed out 40 billion dollars towards the Katrina disaster. The problem is congress, Republicans and Democrats are arguing on where all the money should go instead of giving the money to the people who need it. FFS stop arguing and give them the fecking money.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:38 pm

hurricane ophelia (or whatever its called) is also heading for mainland

i feel sorry for the USA and the bad weather
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:09 pm

the hurricanes in that area are because of the bad emmissions america refuses to cut,the gulf of mexico sea water temperiture is warm and rising every year,when the cold air from above collides with the warm air from the sea hurricanes  are created,that is why that area of america is getting these five time a year hurricanes from florida to louisiana.bush unsigned the kyoto agreement that clinton signed and america is producing even more gas emissions that are destroying the environment and ozone layer.bush has to plese his oil  and energy buddies in texas who financed his political career. :veryangry
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:12 pm

mighty mo wrote:the hurricanes in that area are because of the bad emmissions america refuses to cut,the gulf of mexico sea water temperiture is warm and rising every year,when the cold air from above collides with the warm air from the sea hurricanes  are created,that is why that area of america is getting these five time a year hurricanes from florida to louisiana.bush unsigned the kyoto agreement that clinton signed and america is producing even more gas emissions that are destroying the environment and ozone layer.bush has to plese his oil  and energy buddies in texas who financed his political career. :veryangry

Good point Mo!! They dont give aa fu.ck about the environment!Slap it up them!
66-1120597113

Postby zarababe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:00 pm

.. there was a programme on the other night, in which the experts were alluding to a cylcle when Hurricane's occur.. 20 years ago there had been Hurricanes over a 40 year period, then they stopped.. now there bak.. and with a vengence. One expert  was predicting this could last for another 15 years :(

There is also the argument posed above, about greenhouse emmission, climate change, and as the earth hots up the seas get hotter and combined with cold air.. well keep watching ..

BTW did anyone see the programme on the Birmingham Tornado ?
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:21 pm

New Orleans shouldn't be rebuilt. The water in New Orleans will be contimated for 75 years and the ground will be contimated[spelling] for a 100 years. It was wrong to build a city in such an area in the first place because it's surrounded by a river and an ocean, below sea level
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:58 am

mighty mo wrote:the hurricanes in that area are because of the bad emmissions america refuses to cut,the gulf of mexico sea water temperiture is warm and rising every year,when the cold air from above collides with the warm air from the sea hurricanes  are created,that is why that area of america is getting these five time a year hurricanes from florida to louisiana.bush unsigned the kyoto agreement that clinton signed and america is producing even more gas emissions that are destroying the environment and ozone layer.bush has to plese his oil  and energy buddies in texas who financed his political career. :veryangry

dont you know owt about weather systems.

hurricanes are born off the west coast of Africa, then travel across the Atlantic, and have been doing so for about 25 million years when the atlantic was formed. It has fuck all to do with the USA and emissions.

The Hurricane then gathers strength, due to the warm currents of the gulf combining with the cold air the is allowed to travel from the north across the USA unimpeded. The reason why this happens, is coz the the USA has no recognisable mountain range to stop the cold air advance thru its centre.

THATS HOW HURRICANES HIT AMERICA, AND ITS NOT DUE TO EMISSIONS

lesson over  :idea
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:01 am

correct Judgey-boy

the primary cause of hurricanes is the high sea temperatures which build up as the summer goes on across the mid Atlantic, it's always happened and always will, there are dozens each year over the Caribbean. The sea holds collossal amounts of energy when it's at 30c and this is released into the atomsphere in the form of monster tropical storms. As soon as they hit land they fizzle out because they no longer have the heat & humiidty of the sea to feed off

Any increases above the normal sea temperatures are caused not by global warming but naturally changing currents in the oceans, The classic example is El Nino, caused by changes in sea temperature of the west coast of South America which happen every 7 years and f*ck up the weather for the southern hemisphere for a year. El Nino has happened since before historical records began and certainly a long time before we started polluting our atmosphere 

Having said that, the Yanks are being a bunch of arseholes about their environmental policy. The want everybody else to do their bit but refuse to budge an inch themselves. Low-lying islands such as the maldives are likely to disappear beneath rising sea levels in the next few generations if things carry on as they are now but Uncle Sam couldn't give a flying sh!te about that - as long as he's got his bible and a great big 6 litre V8 then he's happy and no one else matters
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:08 am

woolly stop trying to write more than me :D , fucking novelist :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:11 am

Judge wrote:woolly stop trying to write more than me :D , fucking novelist :D

ok I'll keep this one nice & brief for you....

PISS OFF :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:40 am

phew, i thought i had competition then :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum