Americans are not stupid - with subtitles - I am sure you have seen it before.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:18 pm

lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:30 pm

errr how did that happen, i posted this in the other GC forum

new one, how stupid is Lakes

can you more it mods.  :(
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:41 pm

:D.

I'm American and I found that funny.  Not surprised that a lot of people from the South were getting questions wrong.  But tbh, I hold videos like this the same way I hold youtube clips of players.  You interview enough people, you'll get the results you want.  I can go to England, China, Russia, India, and make it look like they don't even know who Barack Obama is.  Makes for good entertainment none-the-less, just have to hope idiots don't actually think a small sample size represents an entire nation.
SupitsJonF

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:46 pm

In reference to the topic title, Americans are not stupid,

No they just rob football clubs :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 pm

SupitsJonF wrote::D.

I'm American and I found that funny.  Not surprised that a lot of people from the South were getting questions wrong.  But tbh, I hold videos like this the same way I hold youtube clips of players.  You interview enough people, you'll get the results you want.  I can go to England, China, Russia, India, and make it look like they don't even know who Barack Obama is.  Makes for good entertainment none-the-less, just have to hope idiots don't actually think a small sample size represents an entire nation.

theres a big fight going on in another forum about Brits and Americans...its very funny.

History seems to be the big problem with american schools, how much History do they do in schools over there and what sort.

CNN: How Stupid Are Americans?
oh and heres a bit on ccn about it

My Webpage
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:53 pm

The fights between Americans and Brits, are the same over-used, mostly untrue statements.  Learned most of that from playing FIFA on xbox live :D.

Americans will go on about bad teeth, tea, and winning the American Revolution (we're allies now, pretty irrelevant). 

Brits will say Americans are dumb, fat and lazy. 

Truth is both countries are fat and lazy, but America being the original fatasses :D

About the history, I remember in the really young grades it was about Mayans, Indians, up to Columbus discovering America.  Then it was mostly all American history, with little international mentions until World Wars.  That stuff doesn't come up until the later years of highschool/college, but by then history is no longer a required subject, so you can go through your last years of highschool and ALL years at the University with no history, American or world.
SupitsJonF

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:errr how did that happen, i posted this in the other GC forum

:laugh:

A :censored:-take thread about stupidity and lo and behold...

As for the clip, I'm quite bored of this stuff to be perfectly honest.  This kind of thing is a comedy staple in Canada and it just fuels a smug sense of misplaced superiority.  The Americans I know are some of the most intelligent and interesting people you'll ever meet.  Funny how they never end up on these clip shows.  :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 am

SupitsJonF wrote:The fights between Americans and Brits, are the same over-used, mostly untrue statements.  Learned most of that from playing FIFA on xbox live :D.

Americans will go on about bad teeth, tea, and winning the American Revolution (we're allies now, pretty irrelevant). 

Brits will say Americans are dumb, fat and lazy. 

Truth is both countries are fat and lazy, but America being the original fatasses :D

About the history, I remember in the really young grades it was about Mayans, Indians, up to Columbus discovering America.  Then it was mostly all American history, with little international mentions until World Wars.  That stuff doesn't come up until the later years of highschool/college, but by then history is no longer a required subject, so you can go through your last years of highschool and ALL years at the University with no history, American or world.

i think at the age of 8 we did ww1 ww2, Vikings, Romans.

at 12 we did American history (that was short lol)

then african history , British History was used to bbase it all on as they all had something to do with us.

theres loads of clips like that on youtube.

the best tip i can give an american is that if they are over her and see a lady sit on some dirt , dont offer to wipe the dirt from her fanny.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:07 am

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:errr how did that happen, i posted this in the other GC forum

:laugh:

A :censored:-take thread about stupidity and lo and behold...

As for the clip, I'm quite bored of this stuff to be perfectly honest.  This kind of thing is a comedy staple in Canada and it just fuels a smug sense of misplaced superiority.  The Americans I know are some of the most intelligent and interesting people you'll ever meet.  Funny how they never end up on these clip shows.  :)

whats made it new news ids that cnn and fox dont a bit on it the other week (history in schools) they asked 1000 21year old's 10 things.
only 16 got any right , they were all about the world outside america.

FOX them asked 1000 21year old all over the world the same things over 400 got some right and the rest got them all right.

it has started talk in america about what should be done in schools and that too much time is spemt on american history.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 am

who cares what kind of history you know? Only useful on game shows

And I am a pretty big history buff, but thats because I find it interesting. Don't look down on anyone who doesn't find it interesting.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:54 am

I am MUCH more worried about the levels of illiteracy and our lower math and science scores.

Most history in government school puts a nationalistic positive spin on things, so I would rather not brainwash kids with info. If they want to learn they can investigate on their own. Plus you can learn any set of facts you want once you learn how to learn. Thats what we should be doing

If I ever have children, I would have them unschooled
JoeTerp

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 am

JoeTerp wrote:I am MUCH more worried about the levels of illiteracy and our lower math and science scores.

Most history in government school puts a nationalistic positive spin on things, so I would rather not brainwash kids with info. If they want to learn they can investigate on their own. Plus you can learn any set of facts you want once you learn how to learn. Thats what we should be doing

i would say thats not true, when i was in a school last week the kids were doing a bit on Richard the Lionheart and how he killed 2,700 Muslim and his Anti-Jewish violence.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I am MUCH more worried about the levels of illiteracy and our lower math and science scores.

i would say thats not true, when i was in a school last week the kids were doing a bit on Richard the Lionheart and how he killed 2,700 Muslim and his Anti-Jewish violence.

Richard the Lionheart I would guess has very little to do with the British Gov't anymore.  But a message of multiculturalism is certainly part of the agenda today
JoeTerp

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:39 pm

From my experiences on Xbox Live, most Americans that hear me speak either think I'm a) German b) English c) Scottish and wait for it...

d) Mexican.

Yes, Mexican. ???
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:50 pm

I get Australian all the time, whenevr I'm online or on holiday, the Geordie accent probably doesn't help tho :D

Get yourself a sombrero ER feck it, humour them  :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Return to General Chat Forum