AMD 64 X2 4400+ Dual core overclocked to 2.6GHZ
EPox EP-9NPA+ Ultra
1800XT 512MB overcloked to 690 core, 1590 memory
Western Digital 400G 7200 16MB cache
Corsair TWINX2048-3200 DDR-DIMM 2048MB
CoolerMaster Centurion 530
Tagan 530W

:oh: whistles
That is some beast ,twinx memory kits -I take it youre a very serious gamer, centurain case to boot-thats a drag racer beside my volkswagen beetle :D

Yes, a serious gamer Mikz. I'm one of those idiots who must have his games at max settings.  :D

And Pablo, there is no real need for me to overclock it, I know, although I want to run Oblivion at max settings and with good frames next week.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:38 am

Lionheart wrote:
Woollyback wrote:sony vaio laptop
silver clolour
loads of keys & a couple of buttons
a celeron
an ATI radeon sticker
a fan somewhere by the sounds of it
2meg wireless broadband, high speed bog-based "poo & learn" heaven

Woolly, I had one just like the one you describe stolen from my car?? Were you anywhere near Hobart, Tasmania, last November??

:D

yeah that was me, the laptop's sh1t but F*CK ME your wireless signal works well  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:44 am

:laugh:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:13 am

Question to JBG or Lionheart or anyone else who knows about computers:

Can I attach and run more than 2 hard-drives at once as well as running my dvdr and cdr?

Cheers.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:31 pm

fivecups wrote:Question to JBG or Lionheart or anyone else who knows about computers:

Can I attach and run more than 2 hard-drives at once as well as running my dvdr and cdr?

Cheers.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Internal or external hard drives?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:39 pm

JBG wrote:
fivecups wrote:Question to JBG or Lionheart or anyone else who knows about computers:

Cheers.

Internal drives. My motherboard has 1 connection for the hard-drives. The ribbon cable has 2 connections for the hard-drives. I have 2 at the minute - 30gb master and 120gb slave. My computer case has more hard drive bays. Is it possible for me to connect more than 2 hard drives at once?

Hope that makes some sort of sense!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:59 pm

fivecups wrote:
JBG wrote:

Cheers.

Internal drives. My motherboard has 1 connection for the hard-drives. The ribbon cable has 2 connections for the hard-drives. I have 2 at the minute - 30gb master and 120gb slave. My computer case has more hard drive bays. Is it possible for me to connect more than 2 hard drives at once?

Yes you can but if you want to run more than two internal HDD's you might need a RAID controller, also depends on how many IDE or SATA slots you have on your motherboard.

Personally I'd keep the 120gb for system, apps, etc. then bin the 30gb one and get a massive slave (second) drive just for data (p0rn, mp3's, etc) cos it'll save all the p1ssin about, the alternative would be to get an external HDD cos the prices of them these days are dirt cheap.  :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:39 pm

Paul C wrote:
fivecups wrote:
JBG wrote:

Cheers.

Yes you can but if you want to run more than two internal HDD's you might need a RAID controller, also depends on how many IDE or SATA slots you have on your motherboard.

Personally I'd keep the 120gb for system, apps, etc. then bin the 30gb one and get a massive slave (second) drive just for data (p0rn, mp3's, etc) cos it'll save all the p1ssin about, the alternative would be to get an external HDD cos the prices of them these days are dirt cheap.  :;):

Bloody smart@rse. :D   :D  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:23 pm

Thanks for that. I have a 200gb sata drive, but for some reason it wouldn't run with my pata's.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:02 pm

wow , this thread is turning into a bill gates convention
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:04 pm

fivecups wrote:
JBG wrote:

Cheers.

Do you know is the connection is SATA or IDE?

The short answer is that I don't know if you can have more than one slave drive on the same cable.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:11 pm

mighty mo wrote:wow , this thread is turning into a bill gates convention

I hate Bill, I hate his products and Microsofts strategy, I don't use them at home and it's a big pain in the as.s to use them at work (but hey no choice there :( )
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:05 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
mighty mo wrote:wow , this thread is turning into a bill gates convention

I hate Bill, I hate his products and Microsofts strategy, I don't use them at home and it's a big pain in the as.s to use them at work (but hey no choice there :( )

What I hate is the way 'Windows users' slate Mac and Linux when if you actually ask them if they've used Linux or Mac they say "No, but I've heard/read their not as good as windows"  :angry:

If people actually worked up the balls and tried the other systems out their I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't control the market as much  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Both are no goes for me due to lack of games support.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum