What a weekend for english sport

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:30 pm

It was a busy weekend for our international sportsmen,and didnt they do well.

First up were our cricketers.The first Test against Pakistan started on Friday.After a steady start by the home team, our bowlers got to work and Pakistan capitulated.Afine innings by our stand in captain has left us in a strong position,to go 1 up in the series.

Saturday we had an international double bill.Bring on the Aussies.At last the rugby players found some form to steamroller the Aussies.There forwards couldnt live with ours  in the scrum,and a deserved victory was ours.

Then it was the BIG ONE England v Argentina.Billed as a friendly,how can you have a friendly against the Argies? One of the best games of football Ihave seen in recent years.It had everything.Even an England win.

On this big sporting weekend,Nigel,Mansell,yes Nigel Mansell came out of retirement and won a race.

We live in a society now were its not fashionable to be patriotic.But Iwas made up to see so many England flags at the weekends events.Thank God we are still allowed to celebrate sporting victories,without some crank calling us racists.
84-1106852058

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:25 pm

Good call ,i did seperate threads for each event ...:laugh: never knew about Mansell though.Its been a cracking sporting weekend and i,m looking forward to this weekend too.Obviously i hope we can climb further up the table with a win against Pompey and although i think we wont win England put up a fight against the All blacks.Our forwards and the scrum in particular were immense.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:28 pm

Damn,i missed the cricket :angry:  :angry:  :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:32 pm

I didnt.......:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:25 am

The Red Baron wrote:It was a busy weekend for our international sportsmen,and didnt they do well.

First up were our cricketers.The first Test against Pakistan started on Friday.After a steady start by the home team, our bowlers got to work and Pakistan capitulated.Afine innings by our stand in captain has left us in a strong position,to go 1 up in the series.

Saturday we had an international double bill.Bring on the Aussies.At last the rugby players found some form to steamroller the Aussies.There forwards couldnt live with ours  in the scrum,and a deserved victory was ours.

Then it was the BIG ONE England v Argentina.Billed as a friendly,how can you have a friendly against the Argies? One of the best games of football Ihave seen in recent years.It had everything.Even an England win.

On this big sporting weekend,Nigel,Mansell,yes Nigel Mansell came out of retirement and won a race.

We live in a society now were its not fashionable to be patriotic.But Iwas made up to see so many England flags at the weekends events.Thank God we are still allowed to celebrate sporting victories,without some crank calling us racists.

:D  :D Terrific wins in football and rugby.
As for cricket, the only thing we know about that in the rest of the world is that it is a very annoying animal when you go camping and try to sleep.
Erica

Return to General Chat Forum