Get rte channels - Great sport

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:32 pm

See if you in UK can get RTE (Irish tv) channels. It shows both nights of champions league games and due to large amount of LFC fans in Ireland all their games are usually shown.

They also show a premiersip game live every Saturday. As Man United have most support here with LFC a close second and Arsenal back in third those teams are shown the most.

Analysis is very good too, not afraid to say the truth. I remember Johnny Giles saying "Danny Mills is not good enough to be play in the premiersip, nevermind England" when other channels would be afraid to say anything other than "he'll be disapointed with that"

Great for most sport.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Niall- how do you get this? Is it something you can get through Sky or do you need a completely different system?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:22 pm

I've no idea. It is our national channel and I'm sure that you must be able to get it in UK. I assume it is way cheaper than sky and it does have really good football on it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:32 pm

We just got sky reinstalled at the weekend brother and RTE is nestling there among the channels
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:53 pm

Yeah great for sport it really is get it if you can
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:23 pm

You can't officially get an Irish Sky card in Britain for various copyright reasons.You can buy them online for about a hundred quid though.I suppose it makes sense if you don't have a Sky subscription but still want to watch a fair bit of live sport.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:07 pm

If you live in Northern Ireland you can get RTE1 and 2 on NTL channels 875 and 876. I dont know if that works on the mainland but you could try. I have a portable in my bedroom and can get both channels plus TG3 ( I think thats what its called) without cable.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Yes, RTE has great coverage.

Two nights of champions league a week.

Live Premiership every second Saturday.

Premiership goals and analysis at 7.15pm every Saturday which means that you can get all the footie before you head out for the night.

Normally has more comprehensive coverage of the World Cup and the European Championships than the likes of BBC and ITV.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to General Chat Forum