U2 - Saw them at wembley on friday

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

and f**k me, what a brilliant show. A huge metal claw/spaceship in the middle of the stadium and it was a HUGE gig. Anyone else planning on seeing them?

I know there are one or two fans lurking here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 pm

360 tour.

Yeah, I've seen the vids on Youtube and for me it looks like the best show on the planet at the moment. That stage is something else, and the way it extends during The Unforgettable Fire is spine tingling. I'm absolutely kicking myself for not going to Croke Park. Didn't think tickets would have been there or afrodable, but apparantly they are reasonably cheap and available. I'd happily pay 100 quid to get a ticket inside the pit section. Once in a lifetime. Bigger than PopMart and Zoo TV settings, but I'm not sure if the performances are better than Zoo TV. Best tour in history that was.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Unforgettable Fire Wembley

My personal favourit from the concert is this remix. No other band seems to do this with their songs. They write a song, then totally transform it again to suit a stadium which is why they are always better live than the actual record.

I know I'll go crazy...
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:09 am

Watched them at hampden park about 4 years ago now. They were absolutely brilliant then.

Wish i had tickets to this tour  :(
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 am

i was there on friday too!. what a show, what a stage! well worth it.

And emerald, you dont have to pay over the odds to get in the inner circle, its VIPs and first come first serve, so the first 200 or 500 or what ever get in there on a normal general admission ticket.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Redman in wales wrote:i was there on friday too!. what a show, what a stage! well worth it.

And emerald, you dont have to pay over the odds to get in the inner circle, its VIPs and first come first serve, so the first 200 or 500 or what ever get in there on a normal general admission ticket.

Never knew that. I know that their last tour tickets were going for 2-300 quid. So in otherwords, instead of paying that, it's more or less about a weeks camping in a line in advance. Hmmm. Worth it, I'd say.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:i was there on friday too!. what a show, what a stage! well worth it.

Never knew that. I know that their last tour tickets were going for 2-300 quid. So in otherwords, instead of paying that, it's more or less about a weeks camping in a line in advance. Hmmm. Worth it, I'd say.

i'd say go for it. It is like Popmart...but bigger! The stage has to be seen to be believed
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Unforgettable Fire Wembley

My personal favourit from the concert is this remix. No other band seems to do this with their songs. They write a song, then totally transform it again to suit a stadium which is why they are always better live than the actual record.

I know I'll go crazy...

this was one of the best parts of the show.  :buttrock
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 pm

my friend is real gay for U2, we make fun of him all the time for it.  Tries to claim that they are "the most influential band since the beatles, maybe even bigger" and I just :laugh:   and :laugh:
JoeTerp

Postby fivecups » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Watched them at hampden park about 4 years ago now. They were absolutely brilliant then.

Wish i had tickets to this tour  :(

Flying over to Scotland to watch them tomorrow at Hampden. I think there's still tickets available - we got ours for £35.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:56 pm

I saw them at Croke Park the last time they played there a few years ago.It was nowhere near the show that they put on this time though..it was just a bog standard stage,still a great gig though.
In saying that they are by no means my favourite band...you just cant beat live music though.
Croke Park is a great venue for concerts!

Downside,we bought too much fanta to consume on the bus so decided to hide it up an alley behind some bins!
After the gig we went back to get our booze and it was gone! :(
Some kunt must have seen us hide it,i hope the bast'ard choked on it and died a miserable death!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:17 pm

JoeTerp wrote:my friend is real gay for U2, we make fun of him all the time for it.  Tries to claim that they are "the most influential band since the beatles, maybe even bigger" and I just :laugh:   and :laugh:

Your mate has a point. They've had no peers over the past 20 years.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:my friend is real gay for U2, we make fun of him all the time for it.  Tries to claim that they are "the most influential band since the beatles, maybe even bigger" and I just :laugh:   and :laugh:

they've had no decent songs in the last 20 years

(a U2 thread will always get like this, those of us who aren't fans really dont like them!!!)

Apparently the special rigging was just to fit his massive ego, and so much for the envoirenment and saving the world when it comes to making a few more euros eh boys?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

they've had no decent songs in the last 20 years

(a U2 thread will always get like this, those of us who aren't fans really dont like them!!!)

Apparently the special rigging was just to fit his massive ego, and so much for the envoirenment and saving the world when it comes to making a few more euros eh boys?

No decent songs? Ridiculous comment to make, it really is.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Sorry, that one... no, that was years ago.. ok, that... no... honestly, I'm just not a fan. Don't like them, don't rate them. think they are boring, predictable twonks.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum