Friday the 13th

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:56 pm

Mikz wrote: :laugh: i seen a bit of that-he was cutting into something and the blood shot up-I says wtf get that off

:D He was cutting this what a totally crazy bloody film :laugh:

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:59 pm

I'm not a cissy :D, but I can't watch horror films or anything remotely like them.
I get scared easily and have a vivid imagination, unfortunately.  :(
When I was a kid I had bad nightmares and used to scream out in my sleep. I also used to sleepwalk and can remember,
once, waking up behind the diningroom door just as my mum came in with a tray of cups, luckilly she clocked me and didn't drop them!

I have a mate who is only about 4ft 4 tall and she loves every horror movie under the sun.
I'm 5ft 5 and a real scaredy cat - very embarrassing  :D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:13 pm

Some facts about todays date.

The Devil's Dozen
It is said: If 13 people sit down to dinner together, all will die within the year.

The Turks so disliked the number 13 that it was practically expunged from their vocabulary (Brewer, 1894).

Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue.

Many buildings don't have a 13th floor.

If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devil's luck (Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their names).

There are 13 witches in a coven.

Other sources suggest the number 13 was purposely vilified by the founders of patriarchal religions in the early days of western civilization because it represented femininity.

Thirteen had been revered in prehistoric goddess-worshiping cultures, allegedly, because it corresponded to the number of lunar (menstrual) cycles in a year (13 x 28 = 364 days). The "Earth Mother of Laussel," for example, a 27,000-year-old carving found near the Lascaux caves in France often cited as an icon of matriarchal spirituality, depicts a female figure holding a cresent-shaped horn bearing 13 notches. According to this theory, as the solar calendar triumphed over the lunar with the rise of male-dominated civilization, so did the number 12 over the number 13, thereafter considered anathema.

On the other hand, one of the earliest concrete taboos associated with the number 13 — a taboo still observed by some superstitious folks today, apparently — is said to have originated in the East with the Hindus, who believed, for reasons I haven't been able to ascertain, that it is always unlucky for 13 people to gather in one place — say, at dinner.

Interestingly enough, exactly the same superstition has been attributed to the ancient Vikings, though I have also been told that this and the accompanying mythological explanation are apocryphal. In any case, the story has been handed down as follows:

Loki, the Evil One or God of mischief in the MASK.

Twelve gods were invited to a banquet at Valhalla. Loki, the Evil One, god of mischief, had been left off the guest list but crashed the party, bringing the total number of attendees to 13. True to character, Loki raised hell by inciting Hod, the blind god of winter, to attack Balder the Good, who was a favorite of the gods. Hod took a spear of mistletoe offered by Loki and obediently hurled it at Balder, killing him instantly. All Valhalla grieved. And although one might take the moral of this story to be "Beware of uninvited guests bearing mistletoe," the Norse themselves apparently concluded that 13 people at a dinner party is just plain bad luck.

As if to prove the point, the Bible tells us there were exactly 13 present at the Last Supper. One of the dinner guests — er, disciples — betrayed Jesus Christ, setting the stage for the Crucifixion.

The Crucifixion took place on a Friday.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:19 pm

Well nothing bas happened to me so far........but the nights still young! :ghostface:  :ghostface:

:D Theres nothing even scary on TV so i hired An American haunting out.We're gonna watch it soon,better be really scary!
66-1120597113

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:26 pm

I did'nt even realise that it was Friday 13th until one of my customers said it was black Friday!!!! So it dont really bother me.

Anyway talking of scary movies........... Has anyone seen Final Destination III and The Hills have eyes (uncut)? I got them from a friend and have not watched them yet. Just wanted to know if they are ok to watch if your a scaredy cat sitting in on your own....
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:31 pm

kazza 1 wrote:Anyway talking of scary movies........... Has anyone seen Final Destination III and The Hills have eyes (uncut)? I got them from a friend and have not watched them yet. Just wanted to know if they are ok to watch if your a scaredy cat sitting in on your own....

Final Destination 3 is good, but the Hills Have eyes is sh.ite  :D
The Shinings on soon, but Im knackered and will fall asleep watching it in bed.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 pm

I am at Bidston Train Station tonight and if anyone has ever been here, its a scary place to be. Theres no one around for a least a mile and its really dark and I am gonna poo me self when  I have to leave the office to go home
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:00 pm

Ciggy wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:Anyway talking of scary movies........... Has anyone seen Final Destination III and The Hills have eyes (uncut)? I got them from a friend and have not watched them yet. Just wanted to know if they are ok to watch if your a scaredy cat sitting in on your own....

Final Destination 3 is good, but the Hills Have eyes is sh.ite  :D
The Shinings on soon, but Im knackered and will fall asleep watching it in bed.

I know how you feel ciggy! I'm totally knackered and I have to be up at 6 in the morning for work.
Thanks for letting me know about the movies, but i dont think I'll watch them on my own :ghostface:  :blush:
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:51 am

kazza 1 wrote:I did'nt even realise that it was Friday 13th until one of my customers said it was black Friday!!!! So it dont really bother me.

Anyway talking of scary movies........... Has anyone seen Final Destination III and The Hills have eyes (uncut)? I got them from a friend and have not watched them yet. Just wanted to know if they are ok to watch if your a scaredy cat sitting in on your own....

Trust me - don't watch The Hills Have Eyes AT ALL.

It's not scary - it's horrible.

Truely in bad taste - made me want to throw up.

All I can say is the Director is one sick, sick man.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:53 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Anyone ever saw Videodrome?  James Woods is in it, it looks fucked up but I'd like to see it though.

Saw it when it came out Jonny , very weird (at the time) , well worth a watch but it's more yukky than scary , especially the bit were he pushes his hand right inside his stomach and slowly pulls out a gun !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jkop » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:21 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:I did'nt even realise that it was Friday 13th until one of my customers said it was black Friday!!!! So it dont really bother me.

Have to agree, a very disturbing film. :(
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:35 pm

:sniffle Oohh the Omen is on after MOTD.. I'm gonna watch it  :sniffle
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:36 am

jkop wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Have to agree, a very disturbing film. :(

Thanks for the advice guys!! A few people in work have told me not to watch it either. My son has seen it and he told me that he could'nt sleep for a few days (and hes only 17). He said the same thing as you Lando. Its not scary just disturbing. So I think I will put it the back of a cupboard and forget its there :laugh:
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:51 am

The Masters of Horror series are very good, but they are only on for an hour.
Ive got all of them deffo worth a watch.

http://www.mastersofhorror.net/
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1160912789 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:56 pm

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  :D
84-1160912789

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum