Things that make you angry... - Argh

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Well said metal, I knew there was a reason I liked you :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:41 pm

cheers daws, I do feel most Brits feelings about this matter because it happens to us too!

If you don't like it then f*ck off...  :nod

The same way some of you brits f*cked off from Dubai because you realized that your not supposed to sh@g on a public beach :D
Last edited by metalhead on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:19 pm

The thing is Dawson certain people highlight isolated incidents to fuel their own agendas, I made the joking reference about the Mail because it does have that xenophobic undertone that paints every person who wasnt born as white as snow or as English as St George as an Islam following, poppy burning, benefit claiming, hate spewing wannabe suicide bomber who wont be happy until their is a Mosque on every street and a Koran in every study who wont stop until England is full of brown people.

Rational people take a second to contemplate these stories, and realize that its highly probable that the two cases you mentioned in regards to burning the poppies and the Koran are very different cases and without knowing all the facts its impossible to judge why each punishment was warranted.

FWIW the two sides you mention here are the same kinds of people, highly impressionable, exploitable people who get sucked into a group or way of thinking that makes them feel justified in having a hatred against others in the confirmation they get from the group that gives them a feeling of belonging.

Both these acts are disgusting in my opinion, but then you get down to the subject of free speech that our American friends are so proud to practice. While I find both these acts to be a disgace Im glad I live in a country where a person can voice their dissatisfaction with a particular regime and not be imprisoned or gunned down for not towing the party line.

But seriously, if you burn a poppy, f*ck you. Over a hundred million people paid the ultimate price in two world wars in an era when you didnt have a choice if you wanted to fight or not If you disagree with the politics of war thats your right and opinion but show some f*cking respect for those men and women who never had the chance to grow old with their families.
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:22 pm

burjennio wrote:FWIW the two sides you mention here are the same kinds of people, highly impressionable, exploitable people who get sucked into a group or way of thinking that makes them feel justified in having a hatred against others in the confirmation they get from the group that gives them a feeling of belonging.

uneducated fools  :nod

a lot of them these days
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 pm

I think ignorant or misguided is a better word than uneducated. There are plent of people in the world that have all the qualifications you could dream off that go off and join the BNP or become fundamentalists for different religions and you get people that walked out of school straight into a job at 16 who campaign for equal rights, support GLAD and look to make the world a fairer place but two often like I said their are influences out there that want the masses to see things from their point of view, and at times their point of view is deeply disturbing.

If you want to see what racial prejudice, religious intolerance and xenophobia lead then just open a history book or spent an hour on the internet. The answer is always the same -hatred, hurt, segregation, torture, genocide. Horrible but very real words and a cycle that has repeated itself time and again over the short little span of time human beings have been able to wipe their own as*es and sign their own names. Just remember that whatever people believe, who they look like, who they want to sleep with they are just people like me and all you guys. They are have all the same thoughts we do, they love and hate, are happy and sad, are born and will die. Its an old chestnut but we really need to treat each other like we'd like to be treated oursleves. In all probability we only have one life (unless you're a Hindu or a Buddhist), and its infinitesimally short. The less cr*p we have to take makes the trip that little bit more enjoyable. :)
burjennio

Postby neil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:19 pm

btw the poppies in the fields supplied the opium that relieved the pain for the maimed soldiers. Thats why its used as a symbol.
Last edited by neil on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:22 pm

burjennio wrote:I dont think anyone should come onto this forum within an hour of reading the Daily Mail

:laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 pm

A poppy
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 pm

neil wrote:btw the poppies in the fields supplied the opium that relieved the pain for the maimed soldiers. Thats why its used as a symbol.

no its due to them growing at the site, said to be from the the blood of the dead

lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm

ethanr wrote:What is a poppy?

He lives with your mommy....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 am

Kharhaz wrote:
ethanr wrote:What is a poppy?

He lives with your mommy....

:laugh:

:censored: hole

Thanks guys got it now.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:24 am

Yeah hilarious. Millions died in World War One.. brilliant ???
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 am

dawson99 wrote:Yeah hilarious. Millions died in World War One.. brilliant ???

wtf are you going on about now?

What happened to dawson's ''oh lighten up ffs, the world is doomed with people with no sense of humor'' type of b*llox

If people don't have a sense of humour feck 'em.

get a grip daws

:D :rasp
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 am

my whole point is morons who have a go at me for saying these jokes, then do a poppy joke. Double standards by the morons of newkit as usual...

It was ironic, sarcastic, call it what you will.

Plus it just wasnt really funny. Now im off to burn a koran, and paint a picture of Mohammed dressed as a power ranger :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 am

dawson99 wrote:and paint a picture of Mohammed dressed as a power ranger :D

I like the south park version better :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum