Legal advice needed please lads

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby C-R » Fri May 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Is it possible to find out if someone has "filed a claim" against you at the small claims court ?

I have been threatened by someone who says they filed against me

Hopefully someone here will know

Thanks lads :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm not that familiar with law in common law countries but I think that the court will give you a notice if it really happened.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri May 02, 2014 9:00 pm

damjan193 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:58 pm wrote:I'm not that familiar with law in common law countries but I think that the court will give you a notice if it really happened.

thanks damjan mate, the person has said they have filed against me but not heard anything yet, was kind of wondering if there is a way to contact courts and find out
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 03, 2014 7:40 am

Hey Cardiff,

The claim form and the particulars of the claim has to be sent to you and it has to be received by you in person, electronically, by post or fax.
Upon receiving it, you have 14 days to reply. I'm unsure if it includes Saturdays and Sundays. Your options are:

1) Pay the claimant
2) Admit partial responsibility
3) Acknowledge the service, and then file a defense after another 14 days
4) File a defense

The key legislation you're dealing with here is the Civil Procedure Rules 1999 and your case will be heard in a County Court should the claim be less than 15k.

I think this website may be useful for you http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil
maypaxvobiscum

Postby C-R » Sat May 03, 2014 9:45 am

maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 03, 2014 6:40 am wrote:Hey Cardiff,

The claim form and the particulars of the claim has to be sent to you and it has to be received by you in person, electronically, by post or fax.
Upon receiving it, you have 14 days to reply. I'm unsure if it includes Saturdays and Sundays. Your options are:

1) Pay the claimant
2) Admit partial responsibility
3) Acknowledge the service, and then file a defense after another 14 days
4) File a defense

The key legislation you're dealing with here is the Civil Procedure Rules 1999 and your case will be heard in a County Court should the claim be less than 15k.

I think this website may be useful for you http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil

Hey Max, thanks for taking the time to post all this, i will give that site a good read and wait and see if i receive anything from the courts

thanks again mate :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum