Running/jogging

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:31 am

roberto green wrote:I can't run on the treadmills to many girls to put me off and I end up looking side ways and before you know it I've lost my balance:D

This machine shown below  is well the best for your stamina and it drains every last inch of sweat out of you, my brother in law invested in it and doesn't use it,I use it more. here it is cant remember what is called

I use that machine - eliptical machine we call it here 4 times a week, 40 mins at level 8 at 70-74 rpm = 535 claories. Lost 5 kilos in 2 months. Follow by 45 mins of weights. Also swim, now the weather is improving will swim 4 times a week and gym twice. Used to be as fit as a butchers dog, didnt train for 20 years got back into it for 2-3 years and getting the same buzz as 20-25 years ago. Its either inside you or not. Two massive challenges coming up in the next 12-24 months, determination is beats youth.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:56 pm

Reg you should do your weights first and then cardio last. Not sure exactly what it's called but doing weights helps release something that helps to burn calories and fat.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Doing the Half Marathon tomorrow at 10 o clock, 4 weeks before the marathon itself. Looks like the weather is going to be okay for running. Training is going well and im looking forward to it. There is 8000 running it and if I do it in anything under 1.45 ill be a happy man
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Dundalk wrote:Doing the Half Marathon tomorrow at 10 o clock, 4 weeks before the marathon itself. Looks like the weather is going to be okay for running. Training is going well and im looking forward to it. There is 8000 running it and if I do it in anything under 1.45 ill be a happy man

Fair dues to ya Dundalk....give it socks, mate...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Cheers Bungle
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Dundalk wrote:Doing the Half Marathon tomorrow at 10 o clock, 4 weeks before the marathon itself. Looks like the weather is going to be okay for running. Training is going well and im looking forward to it. There is 8000 running it and if I do it in anything under 1.45 ill be a happy man

Well done matey,you have done well to get to that level....YOU ARE FOREST FUC'KIN gump though!

Life is like a box of chocolates Rafferty!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:36 pm

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Well I ran it this morning and got a time of 1 hour 29 mins and 30 secs Image

The plan was to start at a slow pace and pick it up in the middle and see how I was feeling near the end. I start and all that went out the window, everyone seemed to going at a good pace so I kept up with them and in the middle of the race i felt really well. I remember thinking to myself, this is no problem  :laugh:

Then at mile 8 we came round a corner and there was a hill...but its wasnt just one little steep hill, oh no, it was one of them hills that go on forever at a small increase. It lasted about 3/4 of a mile and it shattered me. I got to the top and felt like sh!t. After that i just kept going and I started to feel a bit better (no hills!) and then I really started to struggle on mile 11 but seeing mile 12 I knew there was only a mile to go so i just went for it.

I came over the line as white as a ghost and totally exhausted but it was worth it because I was delighted to get under 1.30
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Well done Dundalk!

A couple of my mates ran in that race. I was supposed to run it myself, started training for it at the end of spring but we had a baby at the end of May and training went out the window completely.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:01 am

Dundalk wrote:

Well I ran it this morning and got a time of 1 hour 29 mins and 30 secs Image

The plan was to start at a slow pace and pick it up in the middle and see how I was feeling near the end. I start and all that went out the window, everyone seemed to going at a good pace so I kept up with them and in the middle of the race i felt really well. I remember thinking to myself, this is no problem  :laugh:

Then at mile 8 we came round a corner and there was a hill...but its wasnt just one little steep hill, oh no, it was one of them hills that go on forever at a small increase. It lasted about 3/4 of a mile and it shattered me. I got to the top and felt like sh!t. After that i just kept going and I started to feel a bit better (no hills!) and then I really started to struggle on mile 11 but seeing mile 12 I knew there was only a mile to go so i just went for it.

I came over the line as white as a ghost and totally exhausted but it was worth it because I was delighted to get under 1.30

Congratulation mate, bet you can't move tomorrow . It will probably take you 1 hour 29 mins and 30 secs to get out of bed  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:26 am

Congratulations mate.

It would have been quicker in a car, though...  :eyebrow

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:41 am

Nice one Dundalk.  I wouldn't have the discipline to train for something like that so I salute you, mate. :cool: That said, if I had the discipline to train I probably would have had a go at running most of the course in advance to see what it was like.  That way hills don't sneak up on you. :;): :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Nicely done DD!

Congrats.......
ConnO'var

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:53 pm

I started this thread way back in April asking anyone had they any advise on running and from that on Monday I'm doing the Dublin City Marathon!! Ive trained for the last 21 weeks for it and im starting to get really nervous about it. I taken all the advise I could find on board and have been carb loading all this week, i just hope it all goes well on Monday and i dont break down.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Dundalk wrote:Anyone on here go running, Ive only started a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. I was very unfit and a mate of mine suggested it and so far so good. I tried the gym but thry are a no no for me because I cant handle looking at all the fucing posers. Cant have them.

Im training now for a 10k run that is coming up soon. What is a good time to finish the race in? I'm going out every night and im lucky that there is plenty of good routes to run by the sea.

Who are you calling a poser?! :D

I go to the gym 5 times a week (body building), and weekends to the beach.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum