Running/jogging

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am

fair play well done mate, i hope everything goes well with the training and good luck
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 am

Into week 6 now of the marathon training and its going well, i am regularly doing 20k runs and enjoying it. A mate of mine goes out with me some times but if not i just have the ipod with me, only for that i think id go mad. There is a local 10k run on Saturday week so ill try and get my time down in that from 46.37. The marathon seems miles away yet but the training program i am following is good and gives you days of rest for your muscles to recover
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:29 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:i stopped playing rugby this season and wanted to do something so i said i would do a 10k run, i was training for it and had no problems was doing 5 miles 3 to 4 times a week ( a mile shy of what i needed to do ) was changing my routes each time, but about 6 weeks ago i was running up a steep hill and done my achilles tendon right in, i couldn't walk properly and had to get home walking like a gimp

went to docs and he told me i had almost ruptured the tendon ( if i had he said it would have meant 8 months in plaster? ) i have been doing physical therapy every week since i'm still not allowed to run or even jog but i was told i can start going on a bike this week so it is getting better, i have just  been doing walking and swimming up to now

but it doen't grind any more which is a bonus  :D

i have to say i liked the running as it does help you get fit and healthy and gets you out in the fresh air i use to feel much better after doing it

It is a good thread this as I have only just spotted it.I have been into running for years not professionally or nothing, mostly in the summer months when the weather is nicer especially when it is humid or hot outside as you get a better workout through it.

I have done 3 liverpool half marathons,the first was abysmal I had been out the night before too and it told as i done it in just over 2 hours the 2nd time i done it I done it in 1:48 and the last I done it in 1:39 so I have always improved but I haven't done the half marathon for about 6 years now but am still into the running.

This summer I have really got into more than ever and have been doing 8 miles 3 or 4 times a week and it's taking me about 1 hour to do the run but I am trying not to time myself as I like to do it at a relaxed pace and if I have any energy left towards the end I sprint the last mile or two.

If anything I have over done it in  past 2 weeks and I have had to take it a bit easier I had done a longer run than normal which was about 12 miles and then a day later went to Parbold hill (in Wigan) on my bike with my mate and I thought it was a piece of p!ss getting there but on the way back we got lost and it was 43 mile over all and it p!ssed down all the way back to Liverpool :D

Anyway the next day I was in work and I kept thinking something was stuck on the bottom of my trouser leg like something was rolling down the back of my trouser leg  and it was only after umpteen times of checking my trouser leg that I actually realised it was inside my leg and every time I bent down it was like a little ball on elastic coming down to my heel and when I stood back up it would raise again towards my calf.Realised straight away it was my achilles it wasn't painful but realised if i snapped it or something(remember Aurellio doing it playing a pass?)I would be in some pain so I have laid off it a bit in the past few weeks and it seems to be getting better it's just feels a bit weird in the morning first thing.
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:37 pm

Bloody hell roberto that sounds sore, do you do any 10ks, what is your best time?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Dundalk wrote:Bloody hell roberto that sounds sore, do you do any 10ks, what is your best time?

you know what it wasn't sore tho when I could feel it doing it,It just went through me and I was scared I could snap it,It's just aches in the morning now.

I haven't done any 10ks but I kind of do that run when I do my 8 mile run and it would prob be around 46 mins.

I have to run to compinsate for my intake of alchol.To be honest there is no better feeling when your fitness is up and you have just ran around like foreast gump

:D
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Yeah, i felt like crap today and went for a run (about 8 mile) at about 7.30, came back had a shower and something to eat and just feel great all evening.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Dundalk wrote:Yeah, i felt like crap today and went for a run (about 8 mile) at about 7.30, came back had a shower and something to eat and just feel great all evening.

How long does it take you to do 8 miles?

I find I'm a lot better if I do a later run about 7pm onwards rather than a morning run which i do more of
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 pm

I had to do an hours run today and did 13.5km which is just over 8 mile
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:I had to do an hours run today and did 13.5km which is just over 8 mile

Pretty decent that.

My diet lets me down big time tho and I really need to improve it to get the best out of it
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Yeah i notice that as well, if i eat a load of $hit i will feel it when i go running, but if i stick to the pasta ill be fine. You should have a look around your area and see when the next race is on, like a 10k or half marathon. It will give you something to aim towards and get you out running
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Dundalk wrote:Yeah i notice that as well, if i eat a load of $hit i will feel it when i go running, but if i stick to the pasta ill be fine. You should have a look around your area and see when the next race is on, like a 10k or half marathon. It will give you something to aim towards and get you out running

I know I was thinking about that it gives you more to aim for if I had a race to compete in.I always get mates involved with me in the running but they don't last.1 of the lads from work has been coming with me other the past few months but he has sacked it off now.

I have my Ipod so that takes my mind off the indurance of it all if you know what I mean
roberto green

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 pm

I do running 4 times a week now at the gym. Not sure how much distance I cover but I end up burning of like 600 calories in about 40 mins. Love it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:56 pm

See if the machine will measure how far you run for Bav
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:05 am

Yeah I never look at the distance but I imagine it's around 3 miles or so... I have mild asthma too so it really helps with that. The yoga really helps with that too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 am

I can't run on the treadmills to many girls to put me off and I end up looking side ways and before you know it I've lost my balance:D

This machine shown below  is well the best for your stamina and it drains every last inch of sweat out of you, my brother in law invested in it and doesn't use it,I use it more. here it is cant remember what is called

roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum