Running/jogging

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 pm

roberto green wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Did just under 9 miles this evening, right along the front by ours. Was a nice run like.
Took about 1 hour 14.

Pretty good going that mate, i would say we would meet up for a duel but I wouldn't take the risk in Birkenhead.

:D

Haha its not that bad mate  :D

Think i need to start looking at gettin quicker but i was just tryin to push myself distance wise for now.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Did just under 9 miles this evening, right along the front by ours. Was a nice run like.
Took about 1 hour 14.

Pretty good going that mate, i would say we would meet up for a duel but I wouldn't take the risk in Birkenhead.

Think i need to start looking at gettin quicker but i was just tryin to push myself distance wise for now.

Ive just entered you in the London Marathon for next year,

Get jogging :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Took about 1 hour 14.

if you had i would give it a go like, might take a little bit more training than what i have been doing so far like haha

Roberto would p!ss it though ! :D
Ben Patrick

Postby roberto green » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:17 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Took about 1 hour 14.

if you had i would give it a go like, might take a little bit more training than what i have been doing so far like haha

Roberto would p!ss it though ! :D

I entered it about 10 years ago but you get the knock back for the first 3 times you enter before they accept you because so many people enter the race and they keep you on a register so once they know you have applied so many times they will accept you.

Needles to say I never fancied it once the 2nd time come to apply.

roberto green

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:16 am

I dont get that mate, do you mean that you put your name forward and got kb'd or that you did it once and didnt fancy doing it again ?
Ben Patrick

Postby roberto green » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I dont get that mate, do you mean that you put your name forward and got kb'd or that you did it once and didnt fancy doing it again ?

Yeah so you send your check off or whatever and they take it off you but end up refunding it back because they have X amount of applications but keep you in a Que so once you have applied a few times over the next few years they accept.Dundalk might have the exact details.

Yeah so meaning I expected to be accepted first time around and never and couldn't be @rsed re-applying.
roberto green

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 am

I can run all day playing football, get me to jog one mile and i just get bored. Similar to going to the gym to weight lift. I like how it makes me feel when I am done but boring as feck while doing it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:06 am

kazza wrote:I can run all day playing football, get me to jog one mile and i just get bored. Similar to going to the gym to weight lift. I like how it makes me feel when I am done but boring as feck while doing it.

What about w@nking?

roberto green

Postby andy_g » Wed May 19, 2010 8:53 am

just did my first run for about 4 years, a gentle 3k half way along the beach and back. i think i'm going to die.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 19, 2010 11:43 am

andy_g wrote:just did my first run for about 4 years, a gentle 3k half way along the beach and back. i think i'm going to die.

Sounds like a nice way to get back into it mate.

I have a slight ankle problem off playing football so giving it a rest for a week or so.
I havent been going that far the last few weeks.
As i play football Mon and Thurs i will usually do a 4.5 miler on the Tuesday.
Ben Patrick

Postby SeaofRed » Wed May 19, 2010 9:10 pm

I was running about three miles a day getting ready for the Parachute Regiment before I was deferred for a year on medical grounds. That deferral put me off running and I haven't been since. I really need to get back into it.

I managed to do the 10mile P-Coy run for Help for Heroes last year in 2hr 20.
SeaofRed

Postby Owzat » Thu May 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Dundalk wrote:
roberto green wrote:Ran 10 miles this morning, done it in about 1:20 and I'm feeling in great shape at the mo.

:bowdown

Thats good going

He didn't tell you about the two coppers chasing him!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 20, 2010 10:22 pm

right...i'm going to get into this running thing too. Thing is, i don't have any trainers!

Any recomendations? My plan is to run on roads and parks and i haven't a clue what to buy. I had a look at a sports shop, but couldn't tell the difference between trainers for chavs and the trainers for training...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SeaofRed » Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 pm

I have a pair of Puma black running shoes and they do wonders, I can run for miles and my feet never hurt.
SeaofRed

Postby roberto green » Thu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

7_Kewell wrote:right...i'm going to get into this running thing too. Thing is, i don't have any trainers!

Any recomendations? My plan is to run on roads and parks and i haven't a clue what to buy. I had a look at a sports shop, but couldn't tell the difference between trainers for chavs and the trainers for training...

If you go into the likes of JJB they have pacific running trainers and the staff will help you out, it's like the style that your P.E Teacher used to wear, they will probably have a cushion heel for impact on.Its important to get running trainers and not trainers for court or other styles as it can cause injuries in the long run and try were you can to run on grass as this lessons the impact on your knees
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum