Red meat is bad for you - Link inside

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Anyway, I eat a load of things that I know aren't good for me - too much REAL butter (but ain't it delish ?); cream in coffee and on a lovely fresh sponge (ain't that delish too ?); i'm partial to the odd bag of King Crisps (both flavours and guess what - delish !!)....

I could go on and on, but then again I'll only force myself to go round the corner and raid the deli....

i have to say i am very much in the same vain i think if you want some thing you should have it but you just have to know that you must not JUST eat cr*p

i don't go as far as you, in that i don't use real butter and cream in coffee but i like a bit of sponge with a coffee and i have a pack of crisps every now and again with lunch

at the end of the day it is all about moderation and in my case will power ( or lack of  :laugh: )
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:45 am

Number 9 wrote:I bet it wont stop you taking the meat Judge! :D

actually i like beef, but its you who likes the pork

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 pm

yeah they would say that to make you eat more veg that they genetically modified with things that damage you ever more.

I wouldn't change what I eat by any news report.

I think fact humans have eaten red meat for over 2000 years is proof its normal and not to worrie about it.

As for eating good meat IE free range and all that I don't remember there being any thing else but free range cows or have I missed something ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 pm

And how the feck are you supposed to eat 5 a day!!! I'm lucky if I eat 5 a week for fecks sake. im a bloke... and does the lettuce and tomoato on the kebab count as one or two?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:And how the feck are you supposed to eat 5 a day!!! I'm lucky if I eat 5 a week for fecks sake. im a bloke... and does the lettuce and tomoato on the kebab count as one or two?

hell yes of course it does  :D

i would say i do 5 aday about 4 times a week and the other days it could be 2 / 3 a day sometimes it's hard to get all 5 in
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 pm

some days i just eat 10 apples to get 2 days worth, its killing me
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 am

Jeeez, now it's hot tea, apparently gives you throat cancer.

I love my tea, will never stop drinking it.

Twining's Earl Grey - heaven.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:02 am

Effes wrote:Jeeez, now it's hot tea, apparently gives you throat cancer.

I read that in the metro.. so tea is really good for you, but if its too hot you are 8 times more likely to die of throat cancer...

Just gets better every day lol, smoklings starting to look like the healthy option!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am

dawson99 wrote:

I read that in the metro.. so tea is really good for you, but if its too hot you are 8 times more likely to die of throat cancer...

Just gets better every day lol, smoklings starting to look like the healthy option!

I drink loads of tea and it has to be boiling hot!

Tho I have heard that drinking hot liquids can give you throat cancer...

I think people on the whole are pretty sensible and once given the warnings we can decide what we think is best for us.

I've heard the red meat warnings before and you do have to wonder how they get this info...cause like others on here have said, red meat has been around since the year dot..

I'm a veggie so it doesnt affect me.. (altho I have heard that vegetables are bad for you too!)

My son eats meat but due to my limited culinary skills I've never cooked him beef....and dont cook him burgers anymore, not since he were a lil lad 'cause of the rubbish they could have in them. He eats ham and chicken slices which I suppose are processed meat but it's hard to know where to draw the line...perhaps a happy medium is best...  ???
Last edited by shanks72 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 am

why arent you at work? :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 am

Judge wrote:why arent you at work? :p

:D

I was due in work later...ok Judge...  :p
Last edited by shanks72 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:21 pm

shanks72 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I think people on the whole are pretty sensible and once given the warnings we can decide what we think is best for us.

I've heard the red meat warnings before and you do have to wonder how they get this info...cause like others on here have said, red meat has been around since the year dot..

I'm a veggie so it doesnt affect me.. (altho I have heard that vegetables are bad for you too!)

My son eats meat but due to my limited culinary skills I've never cooked him beef....and dont cook him burgers anymore, not since he were a lil lad 'cause of the rubbish they could have in them. He eats ham and chicken slices which I suppose are processed meat but it's hard to know where to draw the line...perhaps a happy medium is best...  ???

Veggie???

Maybe you just need to get some meat in you

:wwww
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:08 pm

dawson99 wrote:
shanks72 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Veggie???

Maybe you just need to get some meat in you

:wwww

lol. too damn right  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:58 pm

I went to a churrascaria (Brazilian eat-all-you-can meat restaurant for less than 8 quid) with some friends yesterday and ate 2 cows and a pig.

I am still alive and havent eaten since so far!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Reg wrote:I went to a churrascaria (Brazilian eat-all-you-can meat restaurant for less than 8 quid) with some friends yesterday and ate 2 cows and a pig.

I am still alive and havent eaten since so far!

cool
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum