John west tuna - The secrets inside your tin

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby shanks72 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Make John West change their tuna | Greenpeace UK
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/

Please scroll down to the John West box & click on 'email John West' to view the cartoon video. Then, if you wish, add your name at the bottom of the page, thank you.

There's a lot more to tinned tuna than just the fish inside the can. It could also have caused the deaths of sharks and turtles, and possibly dolphins. But there are ways to catch tuna without endangering other, already vulnerable marine species
Last edited by shanks72 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

I was watching a show on the discovery channel the other day about endangering other species through fishing, especially sharks because they get caught in the net and choke to death. There is this type of shark that is most vulnerable, forgot which kind, its sad really.

However, I do think the main concern is global warming because its creating more dead seas and Jelly Fish are on the rise right now which is not a good sign
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 pm

As the joke goes, who cares about the f*cking tuna?

Why be upset a turtle dies, but not about the tuna itself!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm

We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the f*cking truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!" "Yeah, here's yer f*cking cousin, get on the f*cking truck, pal!" We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon May 16, 2011 4:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the f*cking truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!" "Yeah, here's yer f*cking cousin, get on the f*cking truck, pal!" We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.

thats what gets right up my fuking bugle about the tree hugging gobsh!tes. They stand there ranting and raving about how inhumane it is to kill the dolphins or trees ,  wearing their leather shoes!

hello! Stig of the dump! have a look at yersen  :glare:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 16, 2011 5:35 pm

and here's me thinking this thread was going to be about last nights one night stand...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 18, 2011 12:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:
dawson99 wrote:We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the f*cking truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!" "Yeah, here's yer f*cking cousin, get on the f*cking truck, pal!" We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.

thats what gets right up my fuking bugle about the tree hugging gobsh!tes. They stand there ranting and raving about how inhumane it is to kill the dolphins or trees ,  wearing their leather shoes!

Come on!

There's a huge difference with killing animals for a reason i.e. food, clothing, etc.

But when the mass deaths of animals happens as a by-product of poor fishing methods then there is an avenue to complain surely. If other fishing companies can be dolphin friendly why not John West?

Profiteering that's why....
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:thats what gets right up my bugle about the tree hugging gobsh!tes. They stand there ranting and raving about how inhumane it is to kill the dolphins or trees ,  wearing their leather shoes!

Yes, it's easy to be hypocritical.
These days so much is made from animal produce that it's hard to avoid, if anyone wishes to.
Just to say without sounding jumped up or anything, but I don't buy leather. I felt that as I don't eat meat then how can I buy leather!

There's been lots of shoes that I'd of loved to buy! :D
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:28 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Come on!

There's a huge difference with killing animals for a reason i.e. food, clothing, etc.

But when the mass deaths of animals happens as a by-product of poor fishing methods then there is an avenue to complain surely. If other fishing companies can be dolphin friendly why not John West?

Profiteering that's why....

I couldn't have said it better myself!

The purpose of the video is to draw people's attention to some of the dreadful fishing methods used and the unnecessary suffering and death caused to other sea creatures.

A while ago there was a documentary in which Gordon Ramsay went aboard the ships catching sharks which would be used for shark fin soup. It was horrific in parts with shark's fins being cut off while they were still alive and Hammerhead sharks being caught which I don't think were being used at all but were thrown back dead or dying. The Hammerheads are at risk of dying out.

Ramsay showed his films to some of the Japanese restaurants in London and they were so appalled that they promised to consider taking the soup off their menus.

Making people aware of what goes on is tantamount if change is to happen.
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 am

Denis Leary  :bowdown
worcester_red

Return to General Chat Forum